MERGED--> Zootv's Best Extra is a ........(All DVD Easter Egg directions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Val said:
my butt is killing me from sitting for the longest time trying to work the eggs. Finally I got two. Not even sure how I did it. Is there a third egg?

Which ones did you get - the nuclear war one (1 minute), the stage setup (4 minutes), or the BBC radio interview/Berlin (25 minutes)?

ok, I now know about the stage set up. thanks. can you tell me how to locate it?

hopefully this will help as I was not able to find any of them using my DVD remote, but now I have seen all the Easter Eggs!

from http://tinyurl.com/ffmbo

"To get Interference, a 25 min documentary:

1. Go to Documentaries menu on disc 2.
2. Play all (You can FFWD through them if you wish)
3. After thats finished move the curser down to 'Subtitles' on the menu.
4. Whilst on 'Subtitles' press 'Down' (cursor will not move) followed by 'Left'.
5. A very little 'no entry' symbol appears in centre screen. Press enter and you get 'Interference'! yay! "

The posters at @U2 were not able to get around the ABORTs either, but if you just open the folder on your computer's DVD-ROM, you can find the short Easter Egg by just opening up these files:

in the VIDEO_TS folder:

just open "VTS_02_2.VOB" to get the weird short Easter Egg
and after it will be the "Interference, a 25 min documentary" egg

in file "VTS_01_2.VOB" right after the Numb Karaoke (at the 1:02 mark) the 3rd easter egg will start (the stage setup)

Just opening the files directly worked for me. I use POWER DVD and hopefully it'll work for all of you!

If anyone figures out how to get around the ABORTS (or why you can't get to them by using a DVD remote instead of a cursor) I would love to hear it!

I got the Easter Egg fot the stage set-up.

On the Main Menu, go down to extras, then hit the right arrow (nothing happens) and then hit the down arrow. This takes you to the Zoo Tv logo...hit enter. This takes you to the abort screen. Then hit the numbers 2-7-1-1 one at a time (27 November...the day it was filmed) to get the easter egg.

But we all love to discuss how to get to these easter eggs and they seem to be harder and harder to get to!

bort269 said:

If anyone figures out how to get around the ABORTS (or why you can't get to them by using a DVD remote instead of a cursor) I would love to hear it!

I got past the ABORT for the nuclear war one using my DVD remote. My instructions for that:

Go to the ZooTV Extras menu. Scroll down the menu to the DVD credits, this is one that also requires two clicks to get to Exit but just click once and then Left. There will be something floating around Bono's ear, press Enter. You will then get an ABORT screen, enter 1993 and then hit Enter. You will then get an atomic-bomb themed video of about 1 minute duration.

Gonna try the two others now...

To recap (for those who don't want to search through this thread) this is how to find all the eggs without using a computer:

EGG #1)
While you are in the Main Menu on the second disc,
move the cursor onto "Extras".
Using the arrow keys on your DVD remote press "right" once (nothing will happen) and then press "down" once.
This highlights the ZOOTV logo at the top of the tower.
Hit "enter" on your remote and it will take you to a screen with ABORT written on it.
Slowly hit the numbers 2, 7, 1, 1 using your DVD remote (make sure your pause between each number) and the egg will start.

EGG #2)
Go to the "Documentaries" menu on the second disc.
Click on "Play all" and fast forward through everything, including the credits.
When it gets back to the menu, move the curser down to "Subtitles".
Once your cursor is on "Subtitles" press "Down" once (the cursor will not move) and then press "Left" with the arrow keys on your DVD remote.
A small symbol of an O with a line through it appears in centre screen. Press "enter" on your remote and you'll get the 25 minute documentary "Interference"

EGG #3)
Go to the "Extras" menu on the second disc.
Scroll down the menu until you select "DVD credits".
Press "down" and then "right" using the arrow keys on your DVD remote.
A small symbol of an O with a line through it appears in centre screen. Hit "enter" on your remote and it will take you to a screen with ABORT written on it.
Slowly hit the numbers 1, 9, 9, 3 using your DVD remote (make sure your pause between each number) and the egg will start.
This egg is about 1 minute long and is a montage of atomic-bomb themed warning drills.

Ok I finally got #2 Thanks!

However... I can't get past the abort screen on both 1 & 3. No matter how I enter the numbers, nothing happens. This is making me so stressed.

bonocomet said:

However... I can't get past the abort screen on both 1 & 3. No matter how I enter the numbers, nothing happens. This is making me so stressed.

sometimes you have to press "enter" between each number... hopefully that will work!!

That did it! Thanks bort269!!! :happy:

wow... that was interesting! :ohmy:

what did I just see anyway??

(I watched the bomb one)

bonocomet said:
That did it! Thanks bort269!!! :happy:

wow... that was interesting! :ohmy:

what did I just see anyway??

(I watched the bomb one)

yeah... it is pretty whack, the 2,7,1,1 one is cool though!

Can someone explain to me why I'm getting this message when I try opening up the video file on my computer?

Copy protection cannot be enabled. Please make sure any other copy protected content is not being shown now.

Quick question. Not necessarily related to this dvd. How do people initially find the easter eggs? Do people sit endlessly for hours watching and playing or are the instructions leaked from production company/other sources?

OK. I got the interference footage. The abort pages I'm having trouble with. I'm on a mac. I hit the numbers but nothing happens. any ideas?

benito said:
Quick question. Not necessarily related to this dvd. How do people initially find the easter eggs? Do people sit endlessly for hours watching and playing or are the instructions leaked from production company/other sources?

I think this stuff must be leaked. Especially the punch-in codes.

I wonder if there are any other eggs that haven't been leaked / discovered yet?

LyricalDrug said:

I think this stuff must be leaked. Especially the punch-in codes.

I wonder if there are any other eggs that haven't been leaked / discovered yet?
the crazy ones are usually leaked... I remember the 3rd season of the simpsons DVD had these crazy ones that were released in a press release:

"Another Easter Egg can be found when you hit the numbers '84763' on the Main Menu of disc 3. This will allow you to listen to a few great audio outtakes.

And while we're punching numbers, also try typing '742' on the Special Features menu of the fourth disc, and you will get to see one of 13 randomly selected sketches."

I think all easter eggs have been found, however, just not necessarily the way they are supposed to be, because you can always find them on a computer... unless they manage to hide files somehow!

For example, on the Elevation DVD, i do not know the REAL way to find the 2nd easter egg, just the cheating way! :)

http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/pages/340.shtml

artdirector said:
OK. I got the interference footage. The abort pages I'm having trouble with. I'm on a mac. I hit the numbers but nothing happens. any ideas?

I don't think that hitting numbers on a computer keyboard will always work.
You need to hit the numbers on a DVD remote.
Is there any way you can make the "simulated remote" that your DVD player on your mac uses have numbers or a keypad?

Otherwise, if you don't have a DVD player I would just cheat and go directly to chapters 4,8,or 9.

If that still doesn't work, you can manually open up these files:
in the VIDEO_TS folder:

just open "VTS_02_2.VOB" to get the weird short montage Easter Egg
and after it will be the "Interference, a 25 min documentary" egg

in file "VTS_01_2.VOB" right after the Numb Karaoke (at the 1:02 mark) the 3rd easter egg will start (the stage setup)

Hope this helps!

You can also use the 'shuffle' button on your DVD remote if you have one. After a few attempts you will come across the hidden chapters. Nothing to remember but it could take a few attempts to get to the one you want.

aww , they left out Bono saying "I have a weakness for bellydancers ", and when some guy calls out his name and Bono
says " That is the loudest voice I think I've ever heard " :banghead:

bonocomet said:

I'm having the same problem !:crazy:
But I have been trying on the computer.

I'm thinking we need to do something on the fish tank with the Trabant , that may be spelled wrong but you know what I mean .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom