MERGED --> Streaming Hawaii - If you're going, please read! + Need your help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gorman

Refugee
Streaming Hawaii - If you're going, please read!

With the Hawaii show being just a few days away, I figured now was a good time to organize the stream. Unfortunately, I'm not going, so I'll handle the stream on this end. I want this to be the best stream yet, which means I'd like to have a handful of phone sources at the show. Also, it would be nice to have a person or two dedicated to streaming the openers.

If you're going and would like to volunteer being a phone source, please send me a private message, email me at g0rman@gmail.com, or message me on AIM at the screen name g0rman (the 0 is a zero). All you need is a phone that I can call during the show, and ideally (for you) free nights & weekends. When you contact me, please include your phone number, what part of the show you'd like to stream (the openers or U2), who your cell provider is, and what type of phone you have. Also, so I don't miss anyone, please post a message here if you contact me. US numbers only please!

For those listening, I'll be hosting a pre and post-show as I've done in the past. Ideally, I'll have a number of phone sources for the entirety of the show, so the sound should be good and we won't be without a source if one drops. Finally, I'll have several hundred slots open, so getting connected to the stream shouldn't be a problem. If you are interested i mirroring, definitely get in touch. Once the show is over, I'll post a full recording of it online.

It's going to be a good time :)

this is awesome gorman!! I would be a source if I were going..as I am not...
I will stay up for this one thats for sure!! :drool: So count me in on being there..

Do regular US mobile plans work in Hawaii?

I'd love to help, but my phone service is paid for through my job, and I don't think they'd be too keen on me using it to stream concerts. Phil's might work though, but his phone sucks. He did part of Cleveland last year.

Yeah, any US mobile plan should work identically, and for the same fee*, in Hawaii. It is part of the US, after all :)

* Check with your provider to ensure this is true. I'm pretty sure it is, but make sure

Re: Streaming Hawaii - If you're going, please read!

gorman said:
With the Hawaii show being just a few days away, I figured now was a good time to organize the stream.

For those listening, I'll be hosting a pre and post-show as I've done in the past. Ideally, I'll have a number of phone sources for the entirety of the show, so the sound should be good and we won't be without a source if one drops. Finally, I'll have several hundred slots open, so getting connected to the stream shouldn't be a problem. If you are interested i mirroring, definitely get in touch. Once the show is over, I'll post a full recording of it online.

It's going to be a good time :)

thanks g0rman :applaud: :hyper:

This will be my only chance {after the last SO America show} to genuinly try to get on-stream because all the Aussie/NZ shows "fell into" the 'NYC No-24 hr :grumpy: netcafe 'doughnut-timehole' factor:madspit:.
Japan was a vauge possiblity but THIS place the latest staying open {hence my ability to be here at 1:30 plus AM } did NOT open till 9 AM -- just about when the concert was ending. The one place i found {for the last Japan concert} -- it was supposed to be freezing rain --something i'm too :yikes: to get around in ESP when it's so early as to NOT have had possibly salt or other counter-factors to cut the slipperiness.

oh well.......so I hope this'll work out for me....

:hmm:
Actually what has been U2's general lateness factor this tour leg.

Announced time vs approx Actual starting time! :lol:
8:00PM =...............................8:30PM
8:30PM =...............................9:00 PM

Trying to figure closer if possible to about a half hour before they hit the stage to get on line here. :D

Thankyou Gorman, I havent heard a live u2 streaming concert before. The Adelaide concert was my first time to hear them live in person, so this will be a great way to relieve that night. :) Very much looking forward to it.

A question, is there a streaming program you have to download to listen into the stream. Or is just a stream that you can lisrten into using a media player such Windows Media Player, VLC etc.

adambk said:
A question, is there a streaming program you have to download to listen into the stream. Or is just a stream that you can lisrten into using a media player such Windows Media Player, VLC etc.

I believe you can listen to it through itunes, real player and maybe winamp..

Am I right Gorman??

Has anyone actually volunteered to be a source?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I believe you can listen to it through itunes, real player and maybe winamp..

Yeah, I know for sure that iTunes, WinAmp, and Windows Media Player support it.

Re: Streaming Hawaii - If you're going, please read!

gorman said:
I'd like to have a handful of phone sources at the show.

Email me at bfloxng69@yahoo.com. I will be at the show and would be glad to source at least an hour or more (depending on my battery life--I should be good for up to two hours). I have Cingular, unlimited minutes, and a Razor. I'd probably prefer to do Pearl Jam as I'm on the floor, will likely be up close, and I (among those with me) will probably be quite noisy when the boys come on (I have a habit of singing, and it picks up whenever I record). :|

And trust me, I have samples of his singing voice. It is not something you want on your stream....

Are we going to have a stream?

:fingerstightlycrossed:

Streaming Honolulu - Need your help!

Unfortunately, I've had something come up tonight that I can't get out of. As a result, I'm not going to be able to handle streaming the show. However, I can still provide a very capable Shoutcast server. I'm hoping that someone can come forward to handle the Skype call to the source (which we still need to confirm), and then Shoutcast it to my server.

Here are the server details:
Host: live.g0rman.com
Port: 8001 to stream, 8000 to listen (i.e. to listen, http://live.g0rman.com:8000)
Password: message Axver for this

Once you've decided who is going to run it, contact Axver for the Shoutcast server password. If you need any help, feel free to text message me at 3143932438 (3143932438@mms.mycingular.com). I'm really sorry to bail at the last minute, but there's not a whole lot I can do. Have a great show!

looks like the zootops are without a source.. person who was to broadcast the show has no electricity due to weather issues. Hopefully she will get her electricity back.. otherwise we are screwed out of a audio source.. ugh!

I just can't believe that we don't seem to have an Interference source despite planning in advance. :|

do we even have a texting source? It seems weird that we wouldn't considering what seems like half of Interference is there :huh:

If I knew for sure I could stay awake I'd offer to let someone text me, though I definitely don't have the resources to stream.

Axver said:
I just can't believe that we don't seem to have an Interference source despite planning in advance. :|

....and because so many Interferencers are going to the show. :eyebrow: It seems like everybody & their brother are going.

Back
Top Bottom