MERGED ----> New book "On the Move" coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to those who wish to be positive about this book and to have a friendly discussion about it in this forum.

Once you receive your copy of this book, you are free to post your delight about it in any forum without my complaining about your enthusiasm.

I stay on the strictly positive level in life. :sexywink:

Babydoll and bonocomet, I hope that someone who will get the book will be able to scan pictures for EVERYONE here soon.

They are absolutely gorgeous. :wink:

I won't apologize for my enthusiasm for this book because I have been waiting almost twenty years to see these pictures from "A String of Pearls" and I finally have some of them in my hands.

:bonodrum:

Jamila said:
Thanks to those who wish to be positive about this book and to have a friendly discussion about it in this forum.

There actually has been a very positive and very friendly conversation about this book in the books forum that has been ongoing for a very long time.
It's amusing that this excited announcement about this book appears in the pictures forum, and is presented by someone who is not able to post pictures. Does no one else see the irony in this?

I don't think most people in PLEBA nowadays really want to always be nitpicking toward each other, biff.

My sense is that most people come into this forum to share their enthusiasm about U2 and simply just want to get along with everyone else.

So I think when someone posts something about U2 that they're excited about most others in PLEBA nowadays are also excited for them.

I think that to come into a thread of Love and Peace and try to hijack it with negativity is really wrong and actually doesn't show the poster in a very good light.

If you don't like this thread and if you don't like me - fine.

Then why wouldn't you want to be in a thread that brings you pleasure? Unless trying to tear down this thread brings you pleasure which would be really sad.

What really is ironic is that a thread devoted to Bono and his sense of Christian Love for others could find itself in such bitterness for really no good reason at all.

biff, let's just CoeXisT - OK? :bonodrum:

I've had it on order from Borders since Feb1 so I'm waiting for it to come..then they will ship it and my March Q to me :yawn: *waits*.. but yea I gotta return the Bono in conversation book back before I can buy them..dont get me wrong..i already have the hard cover :drool: i just got the new version to scan the new part..which is in the EAIACEPIAT section to download..:wink:

This was one of the few times that Amazon.com came through for me and got me my order before the release date. :laugh:

It is supposed to be available in stores by 1 April - hopefully before that day.

I really just want y'all to know how very pleased that you will be when you finally do receive your copies.

This is a real gift from Bono's heart and soul to the world. And we all get to share a bit of his personal experiences in Ethiopia through the photos he took. :angel:

As I said, the picture of that little boy and the pictures of Bono with the children will make your hearts melt. :combust:

Have a good night, PLEBA, and thanks for being excited about this book!

Just went to Amazon (twice) to order but it kept freezing up my computer. Which doesn't surprise me :|
Don't know why I'm not suppose to order it tonight but I'm not deterred. (most likely this computer) I'll be ordering it tomorrow at work. :wink:
Thanks again Jamila :wink:

cover:

12093618.jpg

Has anyone seen it in bookstores yet? I want one for myself and one or two as Easter gifts, so I'm wondering if I should order it from Amazon or try to find it in the stores. I have this paranoid fear that I won't be able to get any.

When I checked on Amazon yesterday it was ready for shipment, no longer on preorders.

I got an email from Amazon saying mine was sent today. If you're worried about shipping, you could try the 2-3 day shipping rather than the free one they offer, which they say takes 5-9 days. My orders always seem to get here more quickly than that, though, so if you order soon, you should be fine for Easter.

The 'girl with the beard'? Only Bono, my friends, can have a moniker like that and not be looked at sideways. Too cute. :giggle:

tanner_sis said:
I've had it on order from Borders since Feb1 so I'm waiting for it to come..then they will ship it and my March Q to me :yawn: *waits*.. but yea I gotta return the Bono in conversation book back before I can buy them..dont get me wrong..i already have the hard cover :drool: i just got the new version to scan the new part..which is in the EAIACEPIAT section to download..:wink:

Hopefull it will arrive soon at my local Barnes and Nobel :hyper:

Devlin said:
The 'girl with the beard'? Only Bono, my friends, can have a moniker like that and not be looked at sideways. Too cute. :giggle:

Thanks everybody for making this such a GREAT thread. :up:

Bono really deserves for us to walk "In the Name of Love" regarding this book.

Yea Devlin, the children in the refugee camp saw Bono and his long hair and full beard and gave him that name ("the girl with the beard") probably because they had never seen a European person before with such long hair and a beard.

If you see these pictures in the book of Bono, he really DOES begin to resemble "the girl with the beard".

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

love2bmama said:
Actually, I think it was his earrings that gave him the "girl" part of that nickname.

i always thought it was his boobs :shrug:

;)

love2bmama said:
Actually, I think it was his earrings that gave him the "girl" part of that nickname.

Molly, you may very well be correct. I never even thought of Bono's earrings because he has had them for so long that I guess I'm used to them. :)

My copy arrived today. What a nice little book it is. I really like the design of it, especially since I was expecting something more straightforward and less artistic. I'm looking forward to having time to read it, hopefully in the next week or so.

The one small thing that surprises me about the book is the "error" that is reproduced from the speech. Those of you who watched it may recall that Bono (probably from nervousness) misspoke, and said that his mother was a Catholic and his father was a Protestant. That was not corrected for the print version, but was left as it was. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom