MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:

edit* The paper Jack looked at with the Yankees-Sox sweep is supposedly from August 2006, trying to confirm that but it's early.

newspaper.jpg

cutouts2.jpg

4x10_millenium_falcon.jpg

backtat.jpg

U2DMfan said:
I don't think so.

Hurley is fine when he went to see Sun and then Jin's grave.
That was episode 7, I believe.
He was in the nuthouse in the first episode of the season.

Also, Ben's ('recruiting' Sayid) took place before Sayid's (working for Ben) and was shown afterwards.

SOOOO, I'd place them like this.

Sun ?? May-Jun 2005 (based on her expectancy date)
Hurley ?? 2005
Ben Oct 2005*
Sayid ?? 2005-2006*
Looking Glass 2007

*Kate then
*Jack
somewhere in between Ben and Sayid or mixed.

edit* The paper Jack looked at with the Yankees-Sox sweep is supposedly from August 2006, trying to confirm that but it's early. By the next episode some geek will have deciphered it.

The airing of the flash-forwards had previously seemed to have gone backwards, getting closer to the time they get off the island, but this one instead moves further ahead. That's what I meant.

U2DMfan said:
also, who saw the preview for next week and can we discuss it without it being considered spoiler info?

What I mean is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's getting a flashforward/flashback next week. The title of the episode would give that away. I'm talking about the other person they showed in the promo.

I think it's fair to say that what's shown in previews is fair game.

Considering where Ben, Locke, and Hurley were headed at the end of last week's episode, was that new crazy guy supposed to be Jacob? It would be nice to get some answers there.

In response to your question, yeah, I think Jack does know his relationship to Aaron. I don't think his line "You're not even related to him!" is just a red herring. No one would phrase it like that if they didn't know. And we have four episodes left for Jack to figure out this connection. No way Claire and/or Christian aren't showing up again to drop the bomb.

One last thing: Where (and who) the hell is Richard Alpert? That's a huge dangling question mark that really should be addressed this season.

lazarus said:
Considering where Ben, Locke, and Hurley were headed at the end of last week's episode, was that new crazy guy supposed to be Jacob? It would be nice to get some answers there.

Do you mean the guy who said he'd been dead for twelve years?

Last night was excellent. :drool:

Those screenshots are awesome. I did notice the Millenium Falcon right away. :nerd:

Either I'm not totally awake yet (very possible), or Jack's tattoo isn't making sense. Anyone have an idea what that's about?

beegee said:
That was Horace Goodspeed, the guy who first brought Ben's father to the island to work for The Dharma.

How the hell do people remember all these minor characters?

Lancemc said:
How the hell do people remember all these minor characters?

I own all three seasons on dvd and have every episode of season four stored on my computer.

I watch Lost A LOT.

Hewson said:
Your previous comatose state theory is starting to look more and more viable with this epiosode.

I did not want to resurrect that from 2005

it seems the writers are throwing these little "tidbits" that everyone is focusing on, a good distraction?

but, we do have Hurley, saying none of this is real

and I still say the 'beeping" of the smoke detector (life support monitor failing) drawing him down the hallway to his father,

> works well for a 'walking into the light" near death experience, that so many people seem to buy into these days

beegee said:
That was Horace Goodspeed, the guy who first brought Ben's father to the island to work for The Dharma.

I thought Richard Alpert recruited Ben. Wasn't he there when Ben's mother gave birth and died?

ok, all you hard core fans that are focusing on Baseball scores and tattoos, and obscure names from literature

why not comment on the elephant in the room ?

I still say the 'beeping" of the smoke detector (life support monitor failing) drawing him down the hallway to his father,

> works well for a 'walking into the light" near death experience, that so many people seem to buy into these days

They're not all dead. That would be the most godawful explanation for this show.

And hasn't this already been debunked by the producers?

I'm not getting the significance of the tattoos, either.

I had to look at the Hurley/Kate picture for a minute to realize the significance, and then I looked like this -----> :ohmy:

Is Hurley something to do with the thing that Kate is doing for Sawyer?

Thanks for posting, Mrs. S.

Deep, re: the smoke detector, I saw someone speculate on another board that it might have something to do with smoke detector ---> Smokey ---> Christian Shephard

lazarus said:
They're not all dead. That would be the most godawful explanation for this show.

Yes, they've said that they're not dead, in purgatory/hell, and that the show is not the figment of someone's imagination, ala St. Elsewhere.

lazarus said:

not dead

just not consciouses in the real world, in real time

again, Hurley says,
this is all not real,
refuses to take his meds?
is he choosing to die?

again, what was the "beeping" in the hospital, it sounded like a life support monitor? was it really a smoke detector?

and as for the final outcome being

'a godawful explanation'

will it even matter, if they can keep people hooked and the 'ratings" up?

I thought the guy who said he was dead for 12 years was Jacob too:huh: I don't remember Horace who ever at all :( and Ben wasn't really born on the island...right? His father brought him there after his Mother died

yes ...at the end of the show..."Next week on Lost" wonder why you would not get that...where are you?

deep said:
it seems the writers are throwing these little "tidbits" that everyone is focusing on, it is a good distraction

VintagePunk said:
Deep, re: the smoke detector, I saw someone speculate on another board that it might have something to do with smoke detector ---> Smokey ---> Christian Shephard

yes,

I saw that blog,

put up by a fan? :huh:

Daddysgonnapay said:
yes ...at the end of the show..."Next week on Lost" wonder why you would not get that...where are you?

Canada. More specifically, Ontario. We got some previews, but that wasn't included. What we did see hasn't really been discussed here, so I'm a little reluctant to post it.

deep said:

yes,

I saw that blog,

put up by a fan? :huh:

It was just discussion/speculation I read on a message board.

lazarus said:
I thought Richard Alpert recruited Ben. Wasn't he there when Ben's mother gave birth and died?

No, that was Horace Goodspeed.

Richard Alpert is the "hostile" that Ben ran into when he saw his mother in the jungle. Ben told Alpert that he wanted to go with him and Alpert told him he was going to have to be very patient.

Horace Goodspeed

so in those still from the show,,,the lady bug and flowers on the fridge are the same as the ones all the walls at the place where hurly is....what are we to make of that? they seem bit sophisticated for Aaron to be making at his age...is Hurley making them?

VintagePunk said:

Canada. More specifically, Ontario. We got some previews, but that wasn't included. What we did see hasn't really been discussed here, so I'm a little reluctant to post it.

well, if it was a preview for next weeks episode that you saw, I would love to know what it is you saw!!...It won't spoil it for me:wink: maybe you could put SPOILER preview on the post:hyper: :hyper:

Daddysgonnapay said:

well, if it was a preview for next weeks episode that you saw, I would love to know what it is you saw!!...It won't spoil it for me:wink: maybe you could put SPOILER preview on the post:hyper: :hyper:

Okay... :shifty:

Honestly, I can't remember specifics. I'm anal about keeping spoiler free, so I'm always torn about watching the previews in the first place. Also, I was going on just a few hours of sleep, and I find that watching an episode of Lost fries my brain no matter how alert I am, but...

it looked to me like they dealt mainly with the rescue, like the rescue is going to take place VERY soon, if not next week.

Was that included in what you saw?

Daddysgonnapay said:
so in those still from the show,,,the lady bug and flowers on the fridge are the same as the ones all the walls at the place where hurly is....what are we to make of that? they seem bit sophisticated for Aaron to be making at his age...is Hurley making them?

I have read things like this before

where you people posting in here are asking these questions about all the correlations of names, places, things, etc.

the only plausible explanation is that it is from the same consciousness

people don't want to believe that every single thing they have watched for 5? seasons has not really all happened,

more and more I am convinced that an "altered state of consciousness" is at play here

if you walk outside and water falls on you, what is the assumption?

but, please just don't tell me the
Gawdawful explanation,

it's raining! :no::shocked:

Last edited:
Daddysgonnapay said:

Errrr.....no, nothing like that , that I saw :ohmy: :ohmy:

Wow.

It's weird that I can't remember specifics. I know I watched it, but maybe something distracted me at that point? I'm honestly not sure. But I confirmed with the person I was watching with that there was no dead for 12 yrs person, and that it did *seem* to deal with what I said...but again, a lot of the time, at least here, they vague up the previews to make them sort of deceptive.

In short, I wouldn't rely on that being the case.

deep said:

but, please just don't tell me the
Gawdawful explanation,

it's raining! :no::shocked:

Awww, you're so cynical. :cute:

:wink:

I agree that sometimes in this series, a cigar is just a cigar. But there certainly are times that the producers intentionally insert a lot of clues and symbolism.

Back
Top Bottom