MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would Penny's funeral be in some poor Los Angeles neighborhood, with no one attending, and Kate refusing to go?

I'm still thinking it's Michael. He already changed his name, so it would explain why there's no celebrity hounds there. Anyone who was on the flight would attract people.

And the only person who would go to Michael's funeral is Walt, and he's not even allowed to see his father at this point.

It raises the question with me, if he is in control of smokey, what was the primary function of smokey? Why didn;t smokey wipe out everyone outside the barrier? Why ECKO?????? LOL

That's what I want to know. Once the smoke is resealed does it "choose" who it wants to kill or does it kill whom ever Ben wants.

So I just realized that Daniel Faraday is the same dude in the Million Dollar Hotel..

[Jeremy Davies]

It's possible Ben just lured the monster out. The fence was off, Ben knew this and his hieroglyphic door passageway could have gone right into a Cerebus vent (labeled CV on the Blast Door Map).

He seemed to make a point of telling everyone where to go and such, if he controlled the monster he wouldn't need the Tempest station to release poison gas to 'purge' the Island. I think it's entirely likely he got all dirty down in the vent and drew that sucker out. At least possible.

Dreadsox said:
My Current Theory -

Widmore was the captain of the Blackrock. He is immortal like anyone who has left the island. This is why Ben cannot kill him, just as Michael could not kill himself.

The vile vortices - are the transportation mode Ben uses to get on and off the island. He cannot control where he is going, hense the snow on his boots and the cold breath steam coming out of his mouth when he arrives in the desert.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Widmore being an old, old dude.
Beyond that, I am not firm as to whether he's immortal (I kind of doubt it but you never know) or just aging very slowly because of Dharma's life extension project. Either way, he was on that Island a good while before the plane crash.

Vile vortices makes a lot of sense with respect to the teleportation.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
So I just realized that Daniel Faraday is the same dude in the Million Dollar Hotel..

[Jeremy Davies]

Did you notice the name of the Rat in the maze? Hehe - Million Dollar Hotel reference with the rat name as well.

Did Ecko do something terrible? I am wondering if smokey is attracted to people who have committed great sins.

Dude, I really don't think they would go this religious, but every time someone talks about Aaron I get a very Anti-Christy vibe.

Yeah. I could have sworn the producers said we will get her story at some point, so who knows.

I liked this episode for all that it connected, but I think they skipped a few steps in the Jack Going Bonkers progression. I don't think he'd become a paranoid addict in 2 days after only seeing his father for like 2 seconds.

They should have had one scene where Christian actually talked to him and said something ominous.

Oh well.

So looks like Claire might not be biting it this season after all.

But they do have to kill SOMEONE off, right? Besides Michael?

UnforgettableLemon said:
Dude, I really don't think they would go this religious, but every time someone talks about Aaron I get a very Anti-Christy vibe.

Yeah, if you look underneath his hair, you see the hatch numbers imprinted on his skin...

lazarus said:
Yeah. I could have sworn the producers said we will get her story at some point, so who knows.

They did! It'd better be a large part of someone else's fb, or the island had better use its voodoo to bring her back or something, dammit. :inmourning:

I liked this episode for all that it connected, but I think they skipped a few steps in the Jack Going Bonkers progression. I don't think he'd become a paranoid addict in 2 days after only seeing his father for like 2 seconds.

They should have had one scene where Christian actually talked to him and said something ominous.

Oh well.

So looks like Claire might not be biting it this season after all.

But they do have to kill SOMEONE off, right? Besides Michael?

So, you think that they'll leave it that Claire is just missing when the rescue happens? The one problem I see with that is that Kate seems to consider Aaron her son, period, and the only way I can see that happening is if Claire is dead.

Also, I wonder if Jack knows at that point that he and Claire are half siblings. The way he said to Kate "you're not even related to him" seemed to imply that maybe he knows that he is.

So this is after Kate's trial, but before the (almost) Jumping Jack episode. Wtf could Kate be doing for Sawyer that she couldn't tell Jack, assuming that Sawyer is still on the island?

Never thought I'd ever say this, but I really missed the Ben action this episode. He's so central to the island that we tend to get good information about island mysteries when the series focuses on him.

VintagePunk said:
So, you think that they'll leave it that Claire is just missing when the rescue happens? The one problem I see with that is that Kate seems to consider Aaron her son, period, and the only way I can see that happening is if Claire is dead.

So this is after Kate's trial, but before the (almost) Jumping Jack episode. Wtf could Kate be doing for Sawyer that she couldn't tell Jack, assuming that Sawyer is still on the island?

Yeah, you're probably right about the Claire thing. I doubt we won't hear anything else. But IF she never came back, someone would have to commit to taking care of him, right? If you take someone's baby thousands of miles away, you're the acting mother. Maybe Sun's maternal instinct even urges her to do so.

I'm guessing that she's doing some kind of "nice" gesture on Sawyer's part, and it's something he probably wouldn't want people knowing about in terms of revealing his sensitivity. Maybe it's for that chick he conned.

Yes, but why would Kate jeopordize her relationship with Jack and keep a secret from him especially since Sawyer is not there..She is such a strong character, she could have told jack she had to do something for Sawyer like it or not...he may have been mad, but you know he would have gotten over it

Daddysgonnapay said:
Yes, but why would Kate jeopordize her relationship with Jack and keep a secret from him especially since Sawyer is not there..She is such a strong character, she could have told jack she had to do something for Sawyer like it or not...he may have been mad, but you know he would have gotten over it

She shouldn't have to explain herself. If she agreed to do something for Sawyer and not tell anyone, Mr. Dudley-Do-Right can't question her ethics. It's not like she's meeting Sawyer, he's not fucking there. Jack's a baby whose paranoia just made him worse.

Also, I realized we HAVE to be getting more on the Claire storyline. We still need to know why Jack initially wouldn't see Aaron, and I doubt that will be left 'til next season.

So, does anybody think that Jack knows it's his nephew?
"you're not even related to him!"
Could go both ways, I guess.

I think Kate probably promised Sawyer she'd check in on his baby that he's never met, Clementine. Remember the mother of Clementine? She's the same woman that helped Kate in one of her flashbacks. Connection full circle? Maybe.

phanan said:

This appears to be the first flash-forward that went out of order, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think so.

Hurley is fine when he went to see Sun and then Jin's grave.
That was episode 7, I believe.
He was in the nuthouse in the first episode of the season.

Also, Ben's ('recruiting' Sayid) took place before Sayid's (working for Ben) and was shown afterwards.

SOOOO, I'd place them like this.

Sun ?? May-Jun 2005 (based on her expectancy date)
Hurley ?? 2005
Ben Oct 2005*
Sayid ?? 2005-2006*
Looking Glass 2007

*Kate then
*Jack
somewhere in between Ben and Sayid or mixed.

edit* The paper Jack looked at with the Yankees-Sox sweep is supposedly from August 2006, trying to confirm that but it's early. By the next episode some geek will have deciphered it.

Last edited:
lazarus said:

She shouldn't have to explain herself. If she agreed to do something for Sawyer and not tell anyone, Mr. Dudley-Do-Right can't question her ethics. It's not like she's meeting Sawyer, he's not fucking there. Jack's a baby whose paranoia just made him worse.

Haha, he is a baby, no doubt.

I love Jack's drunken jealous rage meltdown.

He's supposed to be the big hero but he's so flawed it's beautiful.

Claire is dead

she went with Dad

who is dead

Jack almost died and went with dead Dad

the smoke detector , beep, beep, beep

was him flat lining

when it stopped he came back to the living and
dead Dad disappeared

Remember, deep, Christian Shepard appeared after he turned the smoke detector off. I'm not quite following you there.

I do remember in season one, Jack saw his dad and followed him and almost went off the cliff before Locke saved his ass. A little irony there. But that does lend some creedence to your theory about Claire but I do think it's quite possible she lives.

Remember the promo that ran all week? For whoever saw it.
"The Island takes one of the survivors for it's own"
If they fight their way back to the Island in the coming two seasons, there needs to be some serious emotional attachment there.

Jack and Kate could have Sawyer and Claire there.
We may have all jumped the gun on Claire's demise.
And Jack....he seems almost destined to not end up with Kate.
Juliet, maybe? I think that relationship just got squashed tonight.
Thank God.

also, who saw the preview for next week and can we discuss it without it being considered spoiler info?

What I mean is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's getting a flashforward/flashback next week. The title of the episode would give that away. I'm talking about the other person they showed in the promo.

You think it ever occurred to the writers that the whole "Will Jack survive surgery?" suspense was completely negated by the fact that we know he lives to get off the island? Just maybe? Ugh.

I'm betting that whatever Kate was doing for Sawyer has something to do with his daughter. Remember Clementine? And how Kate had spent some quality time with Sawyer's baby-mama pre-island?

In other news, Smokey did a pretty crappy job of taking out the freighter mercenaries last week. I'm continuing to love Faraday (Jeremy Davies rocks), Jin, Bernard, and even Juliet. Jack bores me to tears.

Remember back in the first season when Kate was kinda badass? I miss that.

Oh, and something from last week: Ben said, "You know I can't do that," when Widmore asked if he was going to kill him. I'm calling it now: Widmore is Ben's constant.

deep said:
Claire is dead

she went with Dad

who is dead

Jack almost died and went with dead Dad

the smoke detector , beep, beep, beep

was him flat lining

when it stopped he came back to the living and
dead Dad disappeared
Your previous comatose state theory is starting to look more and more viable with this epiosode.

Back
Top Bottom