MERGED-->Idlewild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool :)

I wont be though, I have to do my year in industry this year so I'm going to work for Lagan Technologies

can someone tell me a bit about this band? what type of music? any bands or songs to compare them to??? I'd really like to know. Thanks

Their three albums are all very different. The first one was very scream-y; on the second one the lead singer realized he could actually sing ;), and was less noisy than the first album but still a bit hard; the third album is much less rock-y. All three albums have incredible, poetic lyrics, though and are each great (well, the first one takes some getting used to) in their own right (rite?). The lead singer's voice sounds kind of like Michael Stipe (but with a Scottish accent :drool: ) and they've been compared to REM a lot.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im still on a bloody high!!

i was FRONT ROW CENTRE< RIGHT IN FRONT OF RODDY!!!!!!!!

and it was my flag!!!!!!did ye see it???and roddy lifted it onto the amp and then gavin took it off at the end!!!IDLEWILD HAVE MY FLAG!!!!

im sending out a serois SOS here people.

by the time two very important things happened i had run out of film
1.the flag!!
2. roddy sittin at the edge of the stage(RIGHT in front of me!!!)

so i would be eternally grateful, even sell my soul in a bart simpson-stylee escapade, if ANYONE has photos of it??

please please please, i would seriously be incredibly happy!!!!!!

hope everyone had a great time, i thought it was great, apart from they didnt sing these wooden ideas, which i love. but annilate now was fantastic.

REPLY REPLY REPLY REPLY....*decides not to sound so desperate*<REPLY..if you want to...

was anyone there like?? or if anyone sees photos of it on the net PLEASE tell me!!1
i got a setlist too!!

whoever said they dont have the latest album, you should really get it!!its FANTASTIC, theres not a bad song on it,

The remote part(the song)has some of the loveliest guitar and vocals , and when it kicks in at the end..:drool:
the whole album is brill, il not start talkin about the songs cuz i wont stop!!!

yum yum yum the sexy roddy woomble, i AM IN LOVE WITH THAT ACCENT!!(see also trevor from eastenders!!!)

GO ON THE WOMBLE!!!!

Glad you had a good time at the gig, coolhandlaura!!! Now I'm even more excited!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And I just read today that they're adding more US and Canadian dates to the tour, so maybe they'll headline somewhere near you, u2popmofo.

I wonder who's opening for them? :hmm:

meegannie said:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DiGi - I'm definitely interested. Have you gotten tickets yet?

8th: Baltimore MD, Fletcher's

I wanna go. :hyper:

Fletcher's...I think Haven performed there last October, but I couldn't go. :sad:

dizzy said:

I wanna go. :hyper:

Sounds like a plan to me...
I will let both you and Megan know before I get tickets, then you can give me the go ahead or not. I will be driving from DC to Bmore, you would both be more than welcome.

I actually checked today, tickets are not on sale yet for the Bmore gig, but the shows that are on sale are $15.

- DiGi

GREAT!!! I'm so excited!! And if they're only $15, I can justify buying a t-shirt.... :mac: I want one of the "Support Your Local Poet" ones. :love:

salvador wants to see roddy...

Awww, now I'm missing dc and tiny venues with excellent bands...have fun, you guys!! :D
There are definite advantages to not being in London! :rolleyes:

oh, and that shirt rules. :up:

Last edited:
Bingy wants to see Stel

jkayet said:
Awww, now I'm missing dc and tiny venues with excellent bands...have fun, you guys!! :D
There are definite advantages to not being in London! :rolleyes:

I don't want to hear another word from you, Ms. Backstage Pass. :shame:

meegannie said:
Are you getting the tickets through Ticketmaster or can you call the box office and avoid the huge fees?

I will get them through the box office....to hell with ticketbastard. You stiill want to go? And you Dizzy?

Finally downloaded Self Healer, it kicks ace. Any other b-sides or rarities that you recommend?

I LOVE 1903-70 because it's about my favourite painter, Mark Rothko.

All of the recent b-sides are really good. I can't find my CD that has them at the moment, so I can't give you the titles. :reject: :slant:

Aww, have fun you guys, that rules!! I'll tell a friend of mine who will be there - megan knows who he is - to look out for you guys!

hey, send roddy my love, ok? ;)

A few more dates have been added. There still should be more, especially a few in Canada. I have my fingers crossed for Utah for you, u2popmofo. If they're going to NEBRASKA, there's a chance they'll do other random square states. ;)

5th: Boston MA, Paradise
6th: New York, Irving Plaza
7th: Philadelphia PA, Theatre Of Living Arts
8th: Baltimore MD, Fletcher's
9th: Carrboro NC, Cat's Cradle
10th: Atlanta GA, Echo Lounge
11th: New Orleans, House Of Blues
13th: Houston, Rudyards
14th: Austin TX, SXSW
16th: Dallas, Trees (tickets on sale 8th February)
18th: Kansas City, The Hurricane
19th: Columbia MO, Mojos
20th: Champaign IL, Highdive
21st: Chicago IL, Double Door
22nd: Minneapolis, 7th Street Entry (tickets on sale 15th February)
23rd: Omaha NE, Sokol Underground
25th: Denver, Bluebird Theater
28th: Seattle, Graceland (tickets on sale 15th February)
29th: Portland, Lolas Crystal
31st: Sacremento CA, Harlows

Thanks Meegannie. I have em crossed too. Even if they dont come, I'll try to go see them open for Pearl Jam though.

Back
Top Bottom