MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I'm so there...between my banked frequent flyer miles, tax refund and bonus I just found out I'm getting this year, it is eminently doable. :hyper:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i actually chuckled out loud when i read this... 'causing me to quickly come up with some strange story to tell my coworkers why i was laughing while i'm supposed to be doing work.

thanks a lot :madspit:

:wink:

4.gif

If Hawaii rumours are true I wonderr...

Wonder if it will be at Aloha stadium or in an arena. Thoughts or speculation?

Rest of the leg is stadiums so I doubt they would switch for just one show. Also, the arena there is pretty small...approx. 8,000 capacity I believe, so I am pretty sure we are talking a stadium show.

I was hoping for a U.S. Stadium Tour ...... still am.:blahblah:

I wonder how many stadiums are there in Ohio ? :nerd:

Ok sorry ...... just a little disappointed.

12/10/05 Cleveland Ohio was the only one I was able to hit.

kellyahern said:
How far is Aloha stadium from Waikiki beach?
About 30-45 minutes (it's only about 10-15 miles, but traffic is usually heavy). You have to drive up towards Aiea to get there. I never rode it out there, but there's a decent bus system in Hawai'i, and if you can ride it to the stadium, that'll probably keep your travel costs down.

I used to live less than a mile from the beach.

Here's a pic. That's Pearl Harbor in the background, and the little white and black line at top center is the USS Arizona Memorial. Make sure you go there!
stadium.jpeg

By the way, anyone who flies all the way out to Hawaii but then spends an entire day just standing in line needs to have their head examined. :tongue:

Now, who wants to hire a former islander as their tour guide? :wink: :wink:

Almost certainly Aloha Stadium.

- every single concert has sold out
- this could be the final show
- lots of people flying over from the mainland

SethVincent said:
I was hoping for a U.S. Stadium Tour ...... still am.:blahblah:

I wonder how many stadiums are there in Ohio ? :nerd:
I saw them in Columbus at the Shoe back on the Popmart Tour. That place is just too freaking big. The next time they do a stadium tour in the US, whether its 2006 or 2009, it might be a good idea to try the new stadium in Cincinnati.

cleazer said:
I saw them in Columbus at the Shoe back on the Popmart Tour. That place is just too freaking big. The next time they do a stadium tour in the US, whether its 2006 or 2009, it might be a good idea to try the new stadium in Cincinnati.

Yeah, the Shoe does hold 100,000+.....Though the success of the last two tours mixed with a well recieved and popular new album could put them in better position to fill such a stadia.

And we all know U2 hate Cincinnati :wink:

(Just saying, as they haven't played there since the Boy Tour.)

I think their plans for the coming spring/summer are still very fluid.

They might still be considering dates in Peru, Costa Rica, Japan, another Mexico date, so Hawaii might not be announced for another couple of months.

Any clue where they might stay on Oahu? Maybe the Halekulani Hotel?

That is going to be one insane party if they end the tour in Hawaii...

Last edited:
maybe they will play a hawaii stadium and spark interest in the ban for a US stadium tour.

Hualalai is one of the nicest places I have ever been

redkat said:
anyone have thoughts on when it would be announced if the rumor is true?
If it is indeed the final show of the tour, then it makes sense to save that announcement for last. So we'll have to wait another few weeks for the Japan and South America announcements to happen.

cleazer said:
About 30-45 minutes (it's only about 10-15 miles, but traffic is usually heavy). You have to drive up towards Aiea to get there. I never rode it out there, but there's a decent bus system in Hawai'i, and if you can ride it to the stadium, that'll probably keep your travel costs down.

I used to live less than a mile from the beach.

Here's a pic. That's Pearl Harbor in the background, and the little white and black line at top center is the USS Arizona Memorial. Make sure you go there!
stadium.jpeg

Thank you :)

OK, you take the Kahala and I'll recon the Halekulani.

Maybe we could pose as presidents or international celebrities so they'll let us in...

this thread seemed more at home in the tour discussion thread than the bono and adam kissing one did...

mods... why did this get moved?

u2wedge said:
this thread seemed more at home in the tour discussion thread than the bono and adam kissing one did...

mods... why did this get moved?

because the topic is about a specific tour date rather than the tour in general

U2FanPeter said:
Just curious, is the 8,000 arena the one Elvis used for his Tv special in 1973?

The 8,000 seat arena is the Neil Blaisdell Center Arena or also known as the NBC. I pretty certain it is the location Elvis did the tv special in 1973. I have that Elvis show on laserdisc, but it is loanded out to someone so i cannot verify it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom