MERGED --> Have Your Message Delivered To U2 In Oct. + Only 'Real' Fans..+ Final Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanover

The Fly
Important: Have Your Own Personal Message Delivered Directly To U2 In October

Imagine if you afforded a couple of minutes audience with U2...what would you say?
Just for a moment forget who is your favourite band member or what U2 song appeals to you the most - I ask that you take a little time to reflect on U2 collectively and what they mean to you.

I invite you to join with me here and say whatever it is you feel about U2 as if you were addressing them personally.

What is going to make this thread uniquely special is the fact that on the 20th of October 2000 - on the 23rd Anniversary of the release of U2's first album -
'BOY' every message that has been posted here shall be delivered in person to U2.
I shall endeavour to make contact with one, if not all of the band members, whether it be in Lillie's, the studio, or wherever in Dublin I can locate them, even at Bono's place of residence and failing that, the thread in its entirety shall be handed into Principle Management.
Twice in my lifetime I've set foot inside the gates of Principle Management on Sir John Rogerson's Quay to request a set-list of U2's European Tour Dates, however, next time I enter there, if my initial quest fails...it shall be to deliver the messages from all the U2 fans on 'FEEDBACK'.

If anyone is in Dublin leading up to the week of the 20th of October and would care to join me in what will be a very special event, you can email me at hanover@u2email.com

Please, avail of this opportunity to submit your own personal message to U2, whether you wish to address Adam, Larry, Edge or Bono...post your message here and I guarantee that it shall get to it's destination.

There are many fabulous threads on these Forums but this one is intented to reach the core of what our endearing relationship to U2 means.

Let the Band know. And perhaps in reply U2 may also let us know just how much they appreciate the sentiment.

Remember, be genuine, be yourself and speak from the heart!

Unfortunately, this thread shall be the last one I post here, at least for a while. That's why I wan't it to be ever so special...now it's up to everyone here to make it exactly that.

Thanks for reading my friends, now it's time to start writing!

MESSAGES TO U2 FROM THE MOST DEVOTED LEGION OF FANS IN THE WORLD:

Thanks Guys for enriching my life. Your ethic has now been enshrined into my life.

Last edited:
I've already met you,
I've already thanked you.

But I guess enough can never be said...

You've inspired me to create Interference.com, and to bring U2 fans together.

You've inspired me to dream outloud, and create with every color on the palette.

Your inspiration has gotten me through the good and bad, in life, in work, and in love.

Again, thanks for all that you do, and have done.

Keep on rockin',

Joel Tanner

Each of you has changed my life forever. My world would not be the same without U2. Thank you for the gift of your music - I'll see you on the tour next year!

Bono dear, save a spot for me on your dance card - I'll be wearing my velvet dress :sexywink:

To Bono - You inspire me with all you do for our world; you are an angel on earth. Thank you for making me see that anyone can make a difference if they just open their heart and their mind.

To Edge - You are a wizard with a mixing board, computer, or whatever else you happen to lay your hands on. You are one part U2's signature sound, but endless thanks is necessary for staying late all those hours in the studio. We appreciate it more than you will ever know.

To Adam - Ingenious and "one of a kind" are only two words I can think up to describe you. Thank you for helping me see that if you are an individual, that alone will be enough at times to carry whatever load life hands you.

To Larry - October 15, 2001 is a night that will forever be embedded in my brain. I attended this Elevation show from the heart, and it was my first concert (as well as many others') since Sept. 11. You and your bandmates lifted my spirits with your music, your words, and your actions. To top it off, you made an amazing night even better when you handed me one of your drumsticks before walking off the stage. Thank you for a fantastic show, and for the stick, too. :)

To U2 as a whole - Thank you for getting together, rocking my heart, mind, spirit, and soul for the past 16 years, for providing me endless memories and soundtracks to moments in my life I will never forget. The thanks I am giving today will never be enough.

~April

Your music has given me so much over time. I've grown up listening to your music, and I'm still growing listening to your music. I couldn't have asked for a better soundtrack to my life than U2...So for giving me inspiration, hope, helping me through bad times & being with me through the good times, keeping memories alive, and for bringing me so much joy!

THANK YOU :heart:
Celia x

Last edited:
Your music is by far the best that my ears have had the pleasure of listening to...don't stop the ambition.

that said, give us some snippets of your new stuff on u2.com soon :wink:

Thank you so much for all the years of inspiration and great music you have given me. I became a U2 fan in 1994 at the age of 12. That's not an easy time for a young man, but your music helped me through my awkward teenage years, and it still does. "Walk on" is probably the song for me. No matter what kind of day I'm having, the lyrics and music of that song inspire the best in me. I never get tired of that song, and it sounds fresh each time I hear it. I hope you play it on the next tour.

Edge- Thank you for inspiring me to play guitar and eventually start my own band. I took lessons from an instructor, but I can honestly say I learned more from you than him. Bono has been talking you up for this next album, saying how you're "on fire" and blowing everyone away with what you're coming up with. I can't wait to hear it!

Larry- The other night, the singer of my band and I were discussing our frustrations with our drummer. He said to me "man, I wish we had someone like Larry Mullen." You are a very talented drummer, whose style suits the music perfectly. Congraduations on your starring role in the "Electrical Storm" video. Hope to see more of you in future videos.

Adam- You are "the man". Your bass parts are the most inventive of anyone, and fill the songs with the mood that make them what they are. Thank you for your inspirational thoughts on life that I have heard or read you say over the years.

Bono- Thank you for your lyrics, words and actions, they have made me who I am today. I fear how I would be today, had I not been inspired by your lyrics and music. You must realize that to so many people, you are so much more than just a singer/songwriter/activist. One day, I would just like to shake your hand, you've done so much for so many. More than you'll ever know.

PS- PLEASE COME BACK TO COLUMBUS, OHIO!!!

I want to thank the four of you for the guidance and inspiration your music has given me for the past 20 years. Your music has been and will continue to be an important part of my life. Please continue to lift our souls. THANK YOU!! Linda

Thanks to all of you for creating music that makes me feel...songs that inspire me throughout many aspects of my life. Your music gives an insight to soul which is the search for what life is about.

-Swan

U2,

Thank you for all the music over the years, it's been life changing for me. All of you have been an inspiration.

So excited about the new album!!!

Thank you so much for the music that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

Whatever I have been through in my life, I feel that you have always been there with me, adding joy to the good times and reminding me not to give up hope during the bad times.

Your music is an inspiration to so many. I just want to say thank you for that.

Keep on rocking.

Jody :heart:

Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry,

Thank you for everything. Your music means so much to me, more than I can possibly express. It's gotten me through hard times, helped me celebrate the good times, saved my faith, maybe even saved my life (Walk On was just what I needed to hear at just the right time). I could write an entire book on what your music means to me, but I wouldn't want to bore you with it. I cannot express my gratitude for what you have done. Your music is so much more than simply music, and U2 is, by far, the best band ever. You have changed my life and the lives of other people I know. You have truly been blessed with incredible talent, keep on making the best music on the planet, and I'm looking forward to seeing you somebody, hopefully in Australia or New Zealand. I'm just one of your loyal - and extremely grateful - fans here.

The U2 Fanlad from U2 Fanland (yes, that is one of my nicknames),
Andre

Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry--

I have been a fan of your music for almost as long as I can remember. Now I am 23, and your music still continues to grow and flourish, as I am now. Your music has given me strength and lifted me up during many difficult times. It also makes me think, dance, cry, and always leaves me smiling. There is nowhere on Earth I would rather be than at one of your shows. They put me though an emotional wringer, but when it is over, I feel as if I could float away. Bliss. And again, special thanks to Larry for giving me his drumstick, and one to my friend April, Oct. 15, 2001 in Chicago. That was one of the best nights of my life, and further cemented the bond I have with a dear friend of mine. Thank you for everything.

Kristina

Well, if you're reading this I'm impressed!

There's a place in the coastal mountain range of British Columbia (90 miles North of Vancouver by boat or seaplane) that you've probably never heard of, but I'd like to make arrangements for you to visit.

It's a camp owned by Young Life called Malibu - an non-denominational Christian org that changes the lives of kids each and every day. The camp turns 50 years old this summer.

It is truly the most beautiful place on earth and God is present in every detail.

Email me at sspylmalibu@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Dear U2.

Please don't charge $130 U.S. for a ticket on the next tour.
Please don't kill the Propaganda ticketing service.
Please don't ever let Bono's duet with J Lo see the light of day.

Please bring back some danger and excitement to your rock show---try switching up the setlist more often. We don't care if you fudge the lyrics Bono, so long as you aren't as hungover or drunk as you were in Chicago (2001) after partying with Sting the night before!

Peace be with you. And also with you.

--Paul
Trenton, NJ

Ooooooooooo I forgot....

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasePleasepleaseplease
pleasepleaseplease

*Pretty* Please will you give us the option of general admission this tour? It would be so nice :heart:

Dear U2,

I thank God for the gifts and talents He has given you and for how you use them. I am thankful that you let God's Spirit work through you.

Since I became a fan in 1983, I find your work always lifts up my spirit.

God Bless,
Doug
Newport Beach, CA

I love what Doug nbcrusader said above, I am also thankful that you let God's spirit work through you.
Bono I was lucky enough to thank you in person twice, and since those were the only words I could get out to you, I will just thank you again.....there is so much to say, but I always find it difficult to express how much U2 means to me.... and I am sure you know anyways....
U2 rocks my world and always will, keep making music and we will all be happy!
Cant wait for the new album and tour, THANKS!

Marisa
San Jose, CA

It seems so odd that 4 guys can have such a massive impact on so many peoples lives when they're not even aware of the existence of most of these people. I mean, to have an effect on someone you're never met and have never heard of is an incredible thing and it obviously takes incredible people to make that effect in the first place.
To say U2 have had a big effect on me as a person doesn't even scratch the surface. I have the music for when I'm happy, angry, sad - I lost my dad at 13, I'm barely 17 now, your music helped me through that stage of my life and continues to, even now.
I guess I just want to say thankyou for all the great music you guys have made in the past and I'm sure will continue to make in the future!

Best of luck, always!

:) ~Kt Stotter~ :)

PS - Next time you play a show in London please play In A Little While! :)

U2,

Thank you for your words, your passion in music, and your undying devotion to helping world causes. Thank you, for keeping my hope alive with your music. Thank you for giving me, a fan...the opportunity to see you those seven times in concert all of them in Los Angeles. Thank you Bono for trying to bite my hand off at Popmart in L.A. or someone close to it. I just wanted to touch your guitar. Thank you Edge for nodding at me when I screamed I loved you. Thank you Adam for posing for me on stage in Anaheim when I wanted to snap some pics. Thank you Larry, for putting this band together. God Bless you all and your families...

Icelle

Thank you so much. Just.... thanks. Because even though you don't know it, every day you change my life a bit more for the better. Your music has saved me from dark places, as I'm sure it has for many others. I know it sounds cliched, but without U2, I honestly don't know where I'd be right now.

Thank you. For 'Stay'. For 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.' For 'Walk On'. For being such geniuses that no matter what you do, at least a hundred people are going to love it.

Edge, Larry- both of you, you have improved my whole being, it's insane. Much of my life is based around trying to be more like you, and it's proved to make me a better guitarist, a more careful and analytical thinker, and a girl who doesn't really give a fuck what anybody else thinks of me.

Edge, I really don't know how to put it, the total admiration and respect I have for you. You're more talented than I could ever be, I'm sure, and (to slightly slip into fangirly-ness) I love your voice. I wish I could sing like you, and I wish Bono would let you sing lead more.

Larry- I know you most likely don't really enjoy all this sentimental-weepy-groupie shite, but... and I'm not sure I can phrase this better, but you've got to be one of the most... just... awesome people I know (or wish I knew). You've also inspired me, so much, and.....yeah.

Adam- You, as well, have inspired me immensely. To deliberately stand out from the crowd, to not give into that whole mindset. I suppose, in a way, you're one of the.... the best people I know. The coolest. Just because... you've got that THING about you. That complete air of self-confidence... that way you have of doing what you want. I love that.

And, finally, Bono.

What you do, every day, just pouring all your love into everything you do... I wish I could be like that.

I wish I could care so fucking MUCH about what happens to people I don't even know. About the plight of millions of people. I suppose I do, in some sense, but not nearly as much as you.

It's amazing how you do it, you know, having stimulating conversations with both prostitutes and politicians, and being equally interested in the lives of both.

It's extraordinary how, even after all you've done, how many times it's been possible for you to slip into the life of the common rock star, you've stayed faithful to Ali and, well, God.... how your faith has stayed intact after nearly 25 years of rock and roll.

...I'm only 13 years old. I only became a fan of yours about a year or so ago. I still haven't seen a show yet. I make stupid jokes, play guitar quite badly, and am extremely obsessive.

But I hope you'll accept this, read it, and not be insulted by anything I've said.

I love you guys.

Thank you.

Bono, Edge, Adam & Larry,

Thank you for creating the soundtrack to my life.

Thank you for sharing your hearts and souls with the world.

Thank you for kicking boy bands in the arse.

Thank you for the song Bad.

Thank you Bono for Mr. Macphisto and the mullet.

Thank you Edge for bedazzled jeans and numbered shirts.

Thank you Larry for your eternal youth.

Thank you Adam for the fro and for redefining "cool."

Always,
Jessica Koth
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I'm astonished that this thread failed to have more longevity, considering that the messages eveyone submits are eventually going to be presented to U2 in person. Sometimes, I muse over where the real fans of U2 are - excluding all that have posted here of course, its ironic when a thread that's posted that basically has absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with U2 can attract countless posts and other's that have only U2 content die a slow death - nonetheless, I sincerely thank all those who've proved their not just fans when the U2 are in vogue - but true fans that have empowered me with the unique honour of handing over their personal messages to U2. Thanks again all. I shall be printing this thread in it's entirety around the second week in october and I will return to let you all know how I fared.

U21a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom