MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono's American Wife said:
She fell down the stairs earlier today :ohmy:

She grabbed a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is and started wrestling with it at the top of the stairs...she did a back flip and tumbled down like 6 stairs :lmao:

DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

:cute:

She grabbed a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is and started wrestling with it at the top of the stairs...she did a back flip and tumbled down like 6 stairs :lmao:

DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

She's so cute! :cute:

Posh and Beckham don't have plastic bowls. They're not ceramic either, they're like tin, or some random metal alloy.

I'm hoping Posh's case is just mild. I've never seen her itching the area. I've been wiping it with a damp washcloth and putting on a dap of antibacterial cream incase it does itch. Going to the vet is so traumatic for her and I read one of the causes can be stress, so I'd rather not risk a vet visit making it worse, at least not yet. Plus, we're moving on Friday and she hates moving (Beckham couldn't care less).

219728157_5332d44dbd.jpg

^ Sophie about to attack my frog in the fish tank
219728162_4206ebdf87.jpg

^Attacking the frog
219728159_de6407e1f2.jpg

^Tasha sleeping with me
219728160_f0942a470b.jpg

^Sushi and Tasha about to attack each other
219728161_bdebae20ef.jpg

^Looks like they're about to kiss, but they're about to fight, lol
219730597_1b019d82a9.jpg

^Sushi

DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

:cute: Awwww!! So cute! I love kittens so much.

LivLuv-I hope that Posh feels better soon :hug:

Here's ChiChi our family's 17 yr old cat (living with CRF) sitting with my Dad today. She was entertained by him blowing bubbles :giggle:

chichibubbles3.jpg

And sitting in the sun.

chichisun8-06.jpg

awww!! adorable cats everyone!! 1 of my 3 cats is sitting on my lap right now. i dont have any pix of my cats on my computer:( but trust me, they are cute!;)

ALEXANDRIA, Ind. - This cool cat has traded in his catnip for some bling. Sebastian, a 1-year-old Persian with long black hair, sports gold crowns on his two bottom canines, which grew sticking out from his lips in an underbite similar to a bulldog's.

His owner, dentist David Steele, said he gave Sebastian gold crowns to help strengthen the fanged feline's teeth. Steele said he was worried the unique canines would break off or become a problem.

"It's possible to work on animals the same way we do humans," he said. "I did it to strengthen (Sebastian's) teeth, but it had an excellent cosmetic result. The cat gets a lot of attention now. Everyone is tickled to death when they see him."

Sebastian's two gold teeth protruding from his furry face make him seem a little menacing, like a hip-hop star's guard-cat or a movie villain's pet. The feline didn't seem too happy with his new look at first.
"He's normally around me all the time," Steele said. "After I put the crowns on, he didn't 'speak' to me for two days."

When Sebastian was tranquilized about a month ago to get his coat trimmed, Steele used the occasion to take impressions of his teeth. He then sent those impressions to a company that prepares crowns for his human patients.

"They called back and asked me what I was up to," Steele said.

Two weeks ago, veterinarian Larry Owen tranquilized the cat at the Alexandria Animal Hospital about 30 miles northeast of Indianapolis so Steele could do the dentistry work, which took about 15 minutes to complete.Owen said putting gold crowns on teeth can be done for any pet with a dental problem.

"Mostly, though, it was a fun thing to do," Owen said. "(Steele is) always up to something or trying something new."

Steele said he has put a crown on a cat once before, after the animal was hit by a car. He also put a gold crown on his Boston terrier.

Steele said the cost for each gold tooth is about the same as for humans — about $900 each.

060816_cat_hmed_7p.hmedium.jpg

my cat is going to the vet for the first time since last June on tuesday:ohmy:

she's really afraid of her carrying case so I thought it would be a good idea to put her food and water in there for the last couple days leading up so she would associate the carrying case with food instead of the vet

do you guys think thats a good strategy?

Very smart! Also, once you get her in there you could drape a towel over the carrier. Some cats do better that way because they feel more like they are 'hiding' and safe.

my sister's cat is having some behavioral problems

she keeps pouncing on my sisters feet in bed, and continues after discipline, and has shown other signs of random aggressiveness. the cat has plenty of toys/scratching posts around for her to play with so we don't know why she's such a troublemaker

before my sister has to kick her out of her room at night are there any suggestions for dealing with this?

thanks

edit: just found this link pertaining to a similar topic

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resources/brochure/DestructiveBehavior.html

if the things that this article suggests are correct, would it make sense for my sister to stop disciplining her cat; and possible spray and odor neutralizer on her foot, or does that make no sense

Last edited:
Sometimes, I think they think "the sheet monster" is just so much more fun than any of their other toys. Plus, it gets an interesting reaction from their owner. Both of my cats used to try to pounce my feet in bed when they were younger. What I found to work well was to play with them really hard before bed to wear them out. A laser pointer would really do them in. Now that they're older, they pretty much just sleep most of the time anyway, so it hasn't been an issue for a long while.

I'm Ready said:
my sister's cat is having some behavioral problems

she keeps pouncing on my sisters feet in bed, and continues after discipline, and has shown other signs of random aggressiveness. the cat has plenty of toys/scratching posts around for her to play with so we don't know why she's such a troublemaker

before my sister has to kick her out of her room at night are there any suggestions for dealing with this?

thanks

edit: just found this link pertaining to a similar topic

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resources/brochure/DestructiveBehavior.html

if the things that this article suggests are correct, would it make sense for my sister to stop disciplining her cat; and possible spray and odor neutralizer on her foot, or does that make no sense

This is what I would describe as totally normal behavior!! Cats love to chase things...in this case, your sister's feet. If I had to guess, this is a relatively young cat? No other cats in the household to play with? He or she is looking for interaction and in the absence of anything else, "interacting" with your sister's feet.

vaz02 said:
btw a male cat of mine mastubates on my bed and my bed only , why does it do this ?

when i say mastubates i mean rubs himself against my covers as if its a female cat.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

he has been doing this for 7 years now and its really annoying me lol.

A friend of mine has a cat that does this with the bathmats in thier upstairs bathroom. My friend and her husband refer to the bathmats as "the twins". As in..."Red's having a date with the twins again". This kitty was a stray who got neutered later in life so he's still got all the intstincts, LOL

Catlady said:

This is what I would describe as totally normal behavior!! Cats love to chase things...in this case, your sister's feet. If I had to guess, this is a relatively young cat? No other cats in the household to play with? He or she is looking for interaction and in the absence of anything else, "interacting" with your sister's feet.

Yep, all four of our cats did (and some still do) this. Actually, only one of the four cats will sleep at night and she's the only one I allow in my room with me. Our kitten will sleep if we let him play with the Cat Dancer for a few hours (yes, he runs and flips for HOURS) before bedtime. The other two boys are up all night because they sleep all day while we are at work. When Melissa first got the kitten, he was about 7 weeks old and she went camping so he stayed in my room 24/7 while adjusting to the other cats. He would pounce on my face if I looked at him and pounce on anything that moved. After three nights of zero sleep while working all day, I got fed up and put his cat bed and toys under a giant laundry basket with a heavy book on top! Beckham was the same way two years ago. He lost the privilege of sleeping in my room when he repeatedly jumped off the window ledge onto my face, scratching my eye and my cheek open.

If it's a kitten, I would get him/her a Cat Dancer and play with it every day. They get bored just playing with their own mice; they want something that you're moving for them.

Catlady said:

she's 4 years I think

the problem with her normal behavior is that she keeps waking up my sister, and the shelter from where she got the cat made her sign an agreement not to get another cat because the deemed her "antisocial"

I'm taking my own cat to the vet in about 20 minutes so I'll see what they say about it

alright just got back

first of all my cat has gum disease:(, but atleast we caught it now, rather then when it was a serious threat, so there calling back in a couple of days once her bloodwork comes in to decide how to treat it

secondly the advice they offered about my sisters cat was to add citrus to the spray bottle, put tin foil on the bed to discourage her from jumping on, and putting citrus potpouri on the base of the bed when she isn't allowed on

wow I know I'm taking over this thread

but after the vet my cat threw up 6 times and peed outside the litterbox:|

I'm Ready said:

secondly the advice they offered about my sisters cat was to add citrus to the spray bottle, put tin foil on the bed to discourage her from jumping on, and putting citrus potpouri on the base of the bed when she isn't allowed on

Why doesn't she just shut the door at night? The behavior you're describing is perfectly normal and not antisocial at all :huh: Cats don't like citrus, but they will never make the connection that the citrus is there because of unwanted behavior. I would hate to spray the cat when it's not really doing something bad. Also, then the cat won't go there during the day or times your sis might WANT to cuddle with him/her. I love having cats by me when I read and watch TV in bed. At night, I just shut my bedroom door.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Why doesn't she just shut the door at night? The behavior you're describing is perfectly normal and not antisocial at all :huh: Cats don't like citrus, but they will never make the connection that the citrus is there because of unwanted behavior. I would hate to spray the cat when it's not really doing something bad. Also, then the cat won't go there during the day or times your sis might WANT to cuddle with him/her. I love having cats by me when I read and watch TV in bed. At night, I just shut my bedroom door.

well my sister lives in a 3 room apartment with a roommate who does not own the cat, so she doesn't really have much of a choice about letting the cat into her room

I'm Ready said:

she's 4 years I think

the problem with her normal behavior is that she keeps waking up my sister, and the shelter from where she got the cat made her sign an agreement not to get another cat because the deemed her "antisocial"

I'm taking my own cat to the vet in about 20 minutes so I'll see what they say about it

Food for thought...sometimes shelters don't know as much about the animals as they think; they are observing them in a pretty artificial environment, after all. It's not unusual for an animal's personality to be quite different once they get into a home. So this kitty may not be as unfriendly towards others as the shelter thought he might be...

Catlady said:

Food for thought...sometimes shelters don't know as much about the animals as they think; they are observing them in a pretty artificial environment, after all. It's not unusual for an animal's personality to be quite different once they get into a home. So this kitty may not be as unfriendly towards others as the shelter thought he might be...

that might be true, but even if she can't get another cat from the shelter because they made her sign an agreement not to buy another cat

in other news, my cats been really distraught since yesterday, and has been hiding in a cramped linen closet for the entire day

Stella is a cutie.

That pic of Dasha and Gordon is :cute:!

Some cats get MAJORLY stressed out after going to the vet. Saki hyper ventilates for like half hour after I bring him home. Shouldnt be that stressed though after a whole day .. are you sure the cat is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom