MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
The bride is getting anxious. :wink:

Although I don't think the Groom & Wedding Planner both announcing we would have our invitations by Tuesday, and then failing to send them helped. Maybe we're not invited.

Australia & U2. Always the bridesmaid... never the bride... :wink:

.... and the wedding singer notoriously will say anything to get a leg over the bridesmaid.

timothius said:
The bride is getting anxious. :wink:

Although I don't think the Groom & Wedding Planner both announcing we would have our invitations by Tuesday, and then failing to send them helped. Maybe we're not invited.

Australia & U2. Always the bridesmaid... never the bride... :wink:

Can we skip to the ceremony & honeymoon? :sexywink:

Tim - you crack me up!
2.gif

Earnie Shavers said:

Hands up anyone here who is married? How long did that take you to organise? What if you had to postpone it? Did you have At least 6 heavily booked venues to schedule? 500,000 odd guests? Millions and millions of dollars of corporate agreements? A staff of over 200 helping you on the big day? Maybe 3 dozen support companies that need to be sorted to the new dates and arrangements as well? Complicated global logistics to organise? It took months and months to plan perfectly the original dates, they have as of today only had a week to organise the new dates. I don't know why people are sweating so much over not having locked in dates publicly known yet.

Yum! Wedding Cake :drool:

Honeymoons :drool: :drool:

:lol:

Well, this thread is so off topic anyway.

Shall we start talking frocks? Shag?

:lol:

*Runs away before being beaten with a big stick*

Earnie Shavers said:

.... and the wedding singer notoriously will say anything to get a leg over the bridesmaid.

Which reminds me, Earnie, didya bag yourself a bridesmaid earlier this year, as you were planning to? :wink:

Earnie has a great point. It isn't just a matter of rebooking venues. They also have to make sure they have crew members available to support the tour, and many may already have commitments with other bands during the fall...lots to negotiate. I'm as anxious as everyone else--and sadly, it's going to be really hard for me to NZ or Hawaii in November :(

ruffian said:
Earnie has a great point. It isn't just a matter of rebooking venues. They also have to make sure they have crew members available to support the tour, and many may already have commitments with other bands during the fall...lots to negotiate. I'm as anxious as everyone else--and sadly, it's going to be really hard for me to NZ or Hawaii in November :(

exactly - and November is a really tough time of the year for me to get away as well. December would be worse. I can only hope for a weekend show and a quick concert, interference party, and then back home. We'll just have to sit tight for now.

I was wondering though... I'm assuming merchandise had already been produced for the postponed shows. Many times bands include tour dates on the backs of shirts, or special posters / programs etc. for different parts of the world (Vertigo Europe, NY/Madison Square Garden,...). So what has happened to the merchandise that was probably already produced for the 4th leg? Or perhaps it was still early enough where they could cancel print orders. Just wondering if you can re-print on shirts once they've already been printed on... That's a lot of merchandise to be sitting on... Especially when the band makes so much money on merchandising...

Lila64 said:
I was wondering though... I'm assuming merchandise had already been produced for the postponed shows. Many times bands include tour dates on the backs of shirts, or special posters / programs etc. for different parts of the world (Vertigo Europe, NY/Madison Square Garden,...). So what has happened to the merchandise that was probably already produced for the 4th leg? Or perhaps it was still early enough where they could cancel print orders. Just wondering if you can re-print on shirts once they've already been printed on... That's a lot of merchandise to be sitting on... Especially when the band makes so much money on merchandising...

I was thinking the exact same thing this evening. That's a lot of t-shirts and posters to have to sit on, although, I guess not all the t-shirts have the dates on the back.

This is why bono mentioned in the interveiw that the postponement made him feel "sick" . The responsibilty of it all,the money lost(not just U2's..... the fans as well!) I think November to be honest it quite good really, considering all those re-arrangements on such a large scale as this! I mean it's not just Australia either...it's NZ,Japan and Hawaii!

biff said:
But if they do, they could be collector's items.

i just got my hands on the reissued HTDAAB with the Australian tour dates on it. There wont be many of them around with the wrong dates on them!

hoppípolla said:

i just got my hands on the reissued HTDAAB with the Australian tour dates on it. There wont be many of them around with the wrong dates on them!

Yeah, saw these at HMV the other day. Just a cover sleeve though, no?

Incidentally... your name. You like Takk...? Are you going to the concert in April? I am. I saw them in Cologne in November for the 2nd time. Amazing... they had most of the german boys in tears. Looking forward to it again.... they are seriously the new wave of music for me. Amazing.

timothius said:
It's St Patricks Day in Auckland. :drool: :sad:

Stink bro!

Feeling for my Whanau back home today. I wonder if Auckland will fall before or after Australia on the "return leg" in "November"? I might try and pick up a sneaky ticket to Auckland on Trademe and come over for it... bit more time to plan for this now - and whilst Sydney and Melbourne will be wicked, Auckland I think will be special.... its been 13 years. 13! Goodness, that does nothing but highlight how quick life flies by. The boys were only spring chickens then.... and I was 13 and thankfully had others take pity on me by hoisting me on their shoulders.

I wonder if at 25 (or 26 given my b'day is Nov 2!) if anyone will turn and ask if I want to go on their shoulders this time around? hahaha. Still, I am only as tall at the b'man so I seriously need all the help I can get!

#KIWIMOFO# said:

Stink bro!

Feeling for my Whanau back home today. I wonder if Auckland will fall before or after Australia on the "return leg" in "November"? I might try and pick up a sneaky ticket to Auckland on Trademe and come over for it... bit more time to plan for this now - and whilst Sydney and Melbourne will be wicked, Auckland I think will be special.... its been 13 years. 13! Goodness, that does nothing but highlight how quick life flies by. The boys were only spring chickens then.... and I was 13 and thankfully had others take pity on me by hoisting me on their shoulders.

I wonder if at 25 (or 26 given my b'day is Nov 2!) if anyone will turn and ask if I want to go on their shoulders this time around? hahaha. Still, I am only as tall at the b'man so I seriously need all the help I can get!

Same bro.

Auckland would've been the one. It still might be, you never know. Hopefully I can still make it back home in November, should be a good time.

Another expat here, where are you at now? :wave:

blueeyedgirl said:

We need a "Who's getting smashed in the pub instead of being at a U2 show" thread....

:sad: :( :sad:

i'd definitely be posting there. i have my pub crawling lined up for tomorrow :up:

ramblin rose said:

I was thinking the exact same thing this evening. That's a lot of t-shirts and posters to have to sit on, although, I guess not all the t-shirts have the dates on the back.

Our two little record stores have U2 displays up at the moment. "Now Touring" :(
I asked yesterday if I could have the bigger version of the HTDAAB cover. I like that photo. Now my name and phone number is written on the back in LARGE black letters until the display is dismantled. I'm a bit embarrassed by that, but my friends will get a laugh when they see it. I heard David Egan on the radio yesterday, an Irish artist who paints his impressions of U2 songs. He has a gallery in Sydney and has an exhibition on that he thought would coincide with the tour. Drop in if you are in the vicinity.

I have the option of going to the pub tonight, hub is playing a St Pat's gig. But me and my bottle of Bailey's are going to curl up at home and watch the Chicago DVD for the first time :hyper:
Slainte

and one more time, I love the Bono/Denton interview, there are some precious moments. Those Irish eyes sure were smiling :)
** healing energy sent U2's way**

Back
Top Bottom