MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basstrap said:
what's the point of having a poster if it stays in the jacket?

b/c in due time, say fifty years, it'll be priceless if the pack is intact with the poster. ah, im looking forward to e-bay in those days. itll do usd 2000 with and about one tenth without the poster in 2053. mark my words!

yeah...but I'll never want to sell it anyway

encourage me in my decision

dont worry, its not too late! you can always decide on buying another copy and keeping it in a fault until 2053.

btw did anyone notice that this thread's number of replies finally has passed the number of replies in the coldplay thread sometime yesterday? over 660 replies, whereas coldplay now stands at about 640. that thread has been around way longer since september.

ya i noticed that too. have you noticed its mostly ladies that post in there, and mostly guys that come here? i dont think that means anything - other than the fact that coldplay is a WOMANS band! :wink:

hahahahaha

I must admit, though...I like their last album!

politik is a great song :sexywink:
[/guiltypleasure]

which makes radiohead a MAN's band eh?! yeah, but i do agree with bassy that coldplay's last album is great.

cujo said:
Having not read the entire HTTT thread, I'm uninformed when it comes to all the topics of conversation... but I was wondering about the album of cover songs done by classical pianist Chris O'Riley (True Love Waits)... is it worth a listen? Or is it a collection of bad renditions, ala Tiffany doing New Year's Day?

Good question. I just read about this the other day. Anyone listen to it yet?

*Back off to check the "women's Coldplay thread" :wink::angry: :(

OK, so after having gone completely bananas last night listening to HTTT 20 times over, I'm going to get up on my soap box and say that I think this is Radiohead's best album. I'm aware this is a very bold statement. I didn't think they could ever top Kid A. But HTTT is what they've been striving for; a true culmination of everything they've done. If you put all of their albums together in a blender you'd end up with HTTT. What an amazing piece of work this record is. Nobody can touch these guys right now. They are so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny. Well, I guess it kinda izz. Anyway, I can't wait to hear what they'll do next.

wow, that is quite the statement, but not a stupid one mind you.

i believe the anticipation for the next album will be beyond words. if they really wanna be unrecognizable, well all the power to them. but they better be prepared to deal with a rediculous ammount of media hype!

So I just got a phone call and my best friend said, "Step outside for a minute." I look out the window and there's his red VW bug parked outside my office. I go out there and he hands me a present, for no reason. Can you guess what it is???:sexywink:

:dance:

I love my friends.

joyfulgirl said:
So I just got a phone call and my best friend said, "Step outside for a minute." I look out the window and there's his red VW bug parked outside my office. I go out there and he hands me a present, for no reason. Can you guess what it is???:sexywink:

:dance:

I love my friends.

uh car keys??

post coitus cigarettes....lol

awesome album...
went way beyond all expectations....
I'm glad I waited to hear it....much worth the wait...I don't think there's a song I don't like on it...
It's a definite 10.
:applaud:

I have to say this is the easiest Radiohead album to listen to. That's not to declare it a simple album, but the melodies flow so well together that it's easy to get lost in the music. Greatest trick an artist can do. Better with every listen, most definitely. More of a lyrical record than KidA, and I think that's what sets it apart from Amnesiac and the more recent material.

Sit Down, Stand Up :up:... for me, this was a very visual song. Hopefully we'll get to see a video with a fucked up interpretation. :yes:

zonelistener said:

yeah...A fun guessing game :hyper:

:hmm: let's see....

:eyebrow:......

I know, I know.......

Hail to the Thief?

did I win, did I win?

What do I get?

:hyper:

ding ding ding ding!!!

you win!!!

:bow:

^ that's your prize :p

I wonder if anyone has talked about how this radiohead album was presented on JJJ Australian radio?Probably. It is just beautiful( and funny) and I have it all on tape. I am much happier with that version than if I had bought the CD. It could only happen in Oz
"radiohead romancing at the Junee RSL Club" :lmao:

My first post in the HTTT thread...

So yeah, I picked up the album just a few short hours ago. I'm about to pop it in for a listen. Here goes...

ohhhhhh my....
this album is better than sex....lmao.
Atleast at the moment I think it is :uhoh:
:lol:
listening to Punch up at a wedding :heart:

Back
Top Bottom