MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't think this is from the Spain shoot. They most likely shot this on a green screen or something, inside.

everytime I think Im getting tired of VERTIGO because of overplay, something like this comes out which freshens it and makes me feel like its the first time Im listening to it. I can play it over and over now until the end of the week. And then when I start playing it out, the actual video is gonna premiere. Repeat cycle.

If you look at what their wearing and what they were wearing on the shoot in Spain its very similar. They are in black. Swooping helicopters. Bono in the cameras face. In the white limbo you can easily rotoscope the scenery out and place them on any color background. Also with the turnaround of this commercial, it would take some time to produce unless the footage was already shot.

I know...I work at an ad agency.

Again, if you look at the reflection in Bono's glasses you can see this was shot in a studio. Go look at the pics from the Spain shoot and you will see that they were not using the large lighting device or equipment that is reflected in his shades. Also, I think the shades might be different, kinda hard to tell...

Was anybody at the video shoot in Spain?? I'm sure they use lighting devices at all video shoots, especially if the weather wasn't great like it said in the description on U2.com. Even if the official video comes out this weekend, we probably won't be able to tell because they could have just used left over footage from the two days. Who knows?

Huh, I just realized he's wearing 2 different sets of shades in the video...
I think when I start noticing things like this I should take it as a sign I've probably watched it too many times...:huh:

Also, Vertigone, there are pics from the shoot floating around somewhere on this board...
Pleba, I think, if you dare...:wink:

Last edited:
I agree with art director. (I also being part of an agency...)

No way Apple/their agency got U2 for a day.
We'd of known about it by now, for one.

Last edited:
i agree with artdirector... i think the footage comes from the video shoot in spain. I get the same feeling in the zooms that i get from the zooms in the Seven Nation Army video (they accelerate?). That might just be an coincidence, or maybe not. It feels like Cortes and Fougerol's style.

Also there was these 4-wheeled vehicles used in the spain video shoot, and that bullettime effect in the ipod ad could have been made from those shots.

Very good footage, i hope it's in the official video.

artdirector said:
If you look at what their wearing and what they were wearing on the shoot in Spain its very similar. They are in black. Swooping helicopters. Bono in the cameras face. In the white limbo you can easily rotoscope the scenery out and place them on any color background. Also with the turnaround of this commercial, it would take some time to produce unless the footage was already shot.

I know...I work at an ad agency.

Bono was using in Spain a wireless mic.
The Edge was playing a diferent guitar in spain.
And also, the light reflected in Bono's shades seems to be a studio lightning.

U2dork said:
Go look at the pics from the Spain shoot and you will see that they were not using the large lighting device or equipment that is reflected in his shades.

They were, actually.

33%3B8575523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323634%3C2%3C568ot1lsi

His shirt and the shades seem to be the same as well.

So you mean to say they shot the footage, rotoscoped the color, edited the spot and got approval from U2 in one week?

Doesn't seem feasible.

1. He is using a mic on this spot BUT we don't know if he had a mic to begin with at the shoot.

2. The edge may have brought more than one guitar.

3. Lighting can be created in POST PRODUCTION.,

Just doesn't seem feasible for them to shoot TWICE.

Oh one more thing that could have happened. There is a part that shows Bonos hair blowing crazy...wasn't there high winds at the shoot?

Oh, and it seems pretty clear to me that the wires plugging the mic and the instruments were added in post-production (CG probably) to go along with the white ipod look.

The more I look at it, the more I'm sure they used footage from the Spain shoot.

tkramer said:
PEOPLE!!! WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF THEY WERE AT ANOTHER SHOOT!!!!
It's spain. The end.

Uh, you did see the vid from the top of the pops that was shot in a studio, right?
I'm going to admit that I could be wrong. I guess we'll see on Friday when the video is premired...

It would be cool if they took out the IPOD people and edited more footage of them and then made this their OFFICIAL VIDEO. It really rocks. I have to agree that after a few days of playing I was a bit burnt BUT now it has rejuvenated me to listen again.

Thanks Gorman. However after it downloads it sais Click the program you want to use. Then i choose Windows media player, and then it takes me there but sais Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
:sad: :scream: :huh:

The top of the pops video looks and was low budget, quick, and quiet. This footage is shot with some serious equipment and with some time to do it right. We've got rumors in everytime the band does something with any kind of scale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom