MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
screenz.jpg

:drool:

menelaos said:
It remembers me a communism picture but I'm not so sure...

YES!!!! I knew it's looking very familiar... same pose as those socialsts/communists...

I smell Zooropa in the air...:drool:

I think you're wrong Chizip, because on the 1st leg during Zoo Station there was no "Z" and no stars around the letter- the obvious symbol of Zooropa.

bathiu said:

YES!!!! I knew it's looking very familiar... same pose as those socialsts/communists...

I smell Zooropa in the air...:drool:

Can you post the pic. That is too funny

Edge was in the room too and had been talking about a Soviet Propaganda vibe for Zoo, to get across the megalomaniac atmosphere. We’ve been using a clip of Charlie Chaplin’s ‘Great Dictator’ movie, where he plays a spoof Hitler character, but I’ve had many comments from people who thought it actually was Hitler, which is an arguably highly questionable image to present to your audience during a rock show. We talked about the great Soviet propaganda images, designed to convey concepts of liberty, power & idealism to a largely illiterate population and their relationship to Devo album covers. So, right before showtime, yours truly finds himself conducting a spontaneous video shoot in the dressing room, asking each of the four band members in turn to put hand on heart and stare longingly into the middle distance. I’ll figure out the rest tomorrow.

i hope im wrong, but i reaaaaaaaaaalllllly think that image will be used for zoo station

menelaos said:
Is it the one with comrads Stalin, Marx, Lehnin and....???

...and Engels... sometimes there's also Mao Tzetung

klassiker1.jpg

I saw also a version of the picture looking almost exactly like this U2 - vertigo one...

haha i hope you guys arent getting your hopes up to hear zooropa, because i have a feeling youll end up being disappointed

ouizy said:
3 stages makes sense - that is what Metallica did in 2003 and Jake was their tour guy also...

It could also be that they have only three frames. So there are three basic stages, and the only thing they have to do the day before and on the day itself is, hanging up the videowalls and lightning....

yeah - that is what they do - all the high-priced items they only buy one of, but the basic off the shelf trusswork they procure three of and set them up wating for the other items to arrive overnight.

a shot was posted of one of the smaller screens at the top of the pa stack...the one with the stairs shadow...it featured that little cartoon man, as soon as i saw it i thought 'daddys gonna pay for your crashed car'...some of those images had a very actung/zoo flavour..

they used that image right before they played zoo station during the first leg

so the lighting and PA will be dismantled tomorrow night, trucked overnight and in place in Germany by Sunday?

that enclosure at the front is massive

nobody reads this

zoopop said:
For some reason I picture "Daddys Gonna Pay.." when I see that picture.

EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING!!! :hyper:

:drool:

Or at least they could opne with the "Daddy's... " intro and enter Lemon or something

even... ZOOROPA.. the song :drool:

before this tour.. could you picture them playing Gloria... the Ocean?

I don't know if it was a ZooTV phrase, but: DARE TO DREAM

or if not?: DREAM OUT LOUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom