Mercy?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Z00rop@83

The Fly
i kept hearing about the song on this board...FINALLY got a chance to hear it....and all i can think is....WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THIS NOT BE INCLUDED ON HTDAAB?!?:scratch:

in my opinion it is better then 85% of the songs on the album....and would be an amazing single :drool:

does anyone else agree or am i stretching here....put me in my place:tongue:

sorry about the post i should searched more i see a ton of threads on this song now....but all i can say is WOW:drool:

sorry for the babblin but i got a quick question./..

are the rest of the b sides off of HTDAAB any where near the calibur of mercy?

mercy isnt a b side, its an unreleased track, shame you cant find a 100% complete version of it:sad:

NO, Mercy is their best song since Please in my opinion. The production just needs polishing, and the song is worthy of a better accompanying album thatn HTDAAB.

It's so funny this topic is here because I was thinking of posting the exact same thing. I just recently joined Interference and caught wind of Mercy. OMG! It is most definitely an amazing song that should have been on HTDAAB. I'm getting more and more addicted to it, too. Another B-side I really like is Xanax and Wine, although I like Mercy better. Man, just thinking about that song gets me pumped! :hyper:

NO, Mercy is their best song since Please in my opinion. The production just needs polishing, and the song is worthy of a better accompanying album that HTDAAB.

I agree with this 100%

I like HTDAAB but this song deserves even better. Let's hope they deliver.

I luv Mercy!!! Such an uplifting song. I agree that’s it better than a few songs on HTDAAB. It gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to the guitar part at about 4:49 of the song. :rockon:

U2 are holding onto it.
It won't be a b side, or it would have been already.

it will be on the next album.
i would bet the mortgage.

and that album won't be too far from now.

if indeed it is true that u2 are returning to europe and back here in the states in summer 06, then there will be another album.

why else would the tour last so long?

i love Mercy too!!! it was love at first listen. I was realllllly confused why they didn't put it on HTDAAB, but now that you guys mentioned it, it could very well be possible that tehy're saving it for another album. i never thought about that. hopefully they will!!! i realllllllllly hope so.
<3

I agree with Clawgrabber.

If they are going to continue touring well into next year then they would have to have a new album out. HTDAAB is losing steam and will not last into next year.

I am sure this is why they are saving "Mercy" and also why there are no good b-sides to speak of on the recent singles. They are planning another release for sometime next year.

uhhh..hey gang...how can I get a taste of these B-Side songs? I'm not a U2.com member...yet. ;)

oh, you can't get this song from U2.com. Or from any legal or legitimate source. As for the other songs people are talking about, they are on iTunes.

NO, Mercy is their best song since Please in my opinion. The production just needs polishing, and the song is worthy of a better accompanying album thatn HTDAAB.

i'd go as far to say it might be they're best since stay:bow:

Bummer. :sigh:

I can't justify spending that kind of money for the entire download.

Perhaps some poor soul in need of cash for U2 tix will dump the U2 iPod and the U2 download on eBay. ;)

Mercy = brilliance.

It's absolutely mind-boggling why this isn't on the album.

And I don't by the "it doesn't fit the mood of the album" theory.

Like AMAAW fits.

. Another B-side I really like is Xanax and Wine, although I like Mercy better. Man, just thinking about that song gets me pumped! :hyper: [/B]

Actually Xanax and wine isn't a b-side.
It's an early version of Fast cars which is the last track on some editions of HTDAAB.

B Sides from HTDAAB:

Are You Gonna Wait Forever (From Vertigo Single)
Neon Lights (From Vertigo Single)
Fast Cars (From Limited and International Version Of HTDAAB)
Smile (From iTunes Boxset)

Smile is technically not a b side because it never appeared on a single, but it is a song from the BOMB sessions that popped up on the iTunes boxset, and it sounds finished to me, so I do in fact consider it a b side. Besides, in this modern age, what counts as a b side anyway. Singles are hardly released in the states, and cds themselves only have one side, so there is no side a and side be.

So to me, a b side is any song that was finished but didn't make the respective album.

But, having said that, Mercy isn't a b side, just like heartland wasn't a b side, because U2 will put it on an album next year.

Mark my words.

greety said:

Actually Xanax and wine isn't a b-side.
It's an early version of Fast cars which is the last track on some editions of HTDAAB.

Well, if you want to get technical about it. ;) JK, that's what I meant. Although it was an early version of Fast Cars, I have to say I really prefer it to Fast Cars, and wish they would have left it as is.

Lally1011 said:
Bummer. :sigh:

I can't justify spending that kind of money for the entire download.

Perhaps some poor soul in need of cash for U2 tix will dump the U2 iPod and the U2 download on eBay. ;)

Hey there, Lally,

Let me know if you still want some of those songs.

u2fan02@yahoo.com

(I'm not a premium member here; otherwise, I would have just PMed you.)

MERCY :rockon:

I used to just.. 'like' this song before.. but after I actually listened to it and saw the lyrics...

wow. just wow. this song is amazing. I love it. the end. :wink:

I bet this song will show up on their next 'Best of CD' :D

U2 should do a Queen/Who-esque rock opera kind of album, it would be awesome

Mercy would fit perfectly

Back
Top Bottom