Maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't have the answers nor do the questions I need to ask............

Only burgeoning thoughts filled with a sense of ill achievement,
Founded on my own personal belief that I'm somebody,
Not just another anonymous anomaly passing through what is known as life,

Life, love, it's wondrous how many of us fall upon these words as comfort in the hour of our failure to find the truth,
A grand reassurance that tells us we'll be fine, but we're not,
Is it fine that we literally fucked the last anal cavity of human decency?
That we sell our souls in the name of profit?
Is it fine that we see fit to desecrate and foul upon our basic right to human dignity?
Tell me please, as another foetal child fails to look upon the face of their mother for she doesn't realise that life must go on despite our own trivial concerns?

None of mankind’s institutions will see the end of days, they say the way is as wide as the eye of the needle, praying as you insert another syringe into your forearm to find yourself one step closer to bliss, nirvana, heaven, that oft pondered lasting peace,

We're virgins of the universe, barely conceived in the larger scheme of life, yet maybe we'll be tossed to the wayside as the result of our own folly, a celestial foetus aborted before it could reach its prime, our goals in life.....

Sad isn’t it, well truth doesn’t need a politically correct agenda to present itself to the masses only heartfelt sonatas slowly falling from the concern of our parents, our forefathers, our lovers, well I for one don’t want to miss a thing, a second of this wondrous life............

Excellent Zero Dude.....wondrous life it is.

I was just watching a news segment on the children in Northern Uganda who actually have to kill their own parents.......they are captured and held to fight in a futile war against themselves........they instructed this one child when he was captured to kill his Mother or they would kill him........the child replied to the news reporter's interview "kill or be killed".............{oh, but this is only one small iota of what is happening in this great rotating planet they call Earth.}

It is one thing to battle a dragon for a purpose but just to kill for the sake of killing....that is pure "evil".

Two forces in this world.......good and evil....and as I say time and again......it is a worldwide battle between the two and it is happening now.

A phrase caught my attention this morning from the Pope's speech in Germany...he said that it is not so important the messenger as the message.

As a wizard...I feel some many times so out of place.....that I should be living in another world at another time. Actually what I see here is nothing to write home about.

I am so glad you wrote this, Zero Dude.....thank you...

carol
wizard2c
:|

And I can't get my two new Furbys to interact with one another.....maybe it's because they're still in the box.............

carol
wizard2c

Interesting peice, ZeroDude.

INitially, I wanted to say something like this:

And then, wouldn't it be something to realize that everything is as it should be? That humans are just acting within their own abilities, and that this is the natural way things have unfolded?

Mankind, as far as I am concerned, is nothing special in regards to, just like any other animal, any other life form, it does only what it knows.

It learns only what it sees infront of it.

Now, as a whole socitey, a global community, we can rise above that limiting factor. I don't think people realize that the world is in our hands. We can make it a heaven, or a hell. BUt like in any loving relationships, sacrifices must be made for the benefit of others. It's not about you, really, it's about the couple. Or in this case, ideally, it would be about the world.

But we are not that way
Not at the moment....

Secondly, your comment about drugs.
I, personally, for me, can't really indulge in them. I don't do them, I don't "understand" why others do, though I know why exactly - I've seen a lot of it in my day...

Fake nirvana, fake bliss, fake high, it's just a feeling.

But like Bono says

"a feeling so much stronger than a thought"

Humans are weak
Hell, look at lord of the rings

look at America
look at my hometown - all the obese people who would rather stuff their face than take a walk around the block (like my neighbor)

God, it is disgusting.

A feeling much stronger than a thought...........

yeah............

....................selfish bastards

For Honor said:
Oh, I forgot to say, I'm glad you wrote that, too, ZeroDude....

:up:

Thanks FH and thank you too Carol:wink:

Well in regards to this piece I'm glad it provoked such a strong response from you both, the world is full of false deities and pointless exercises that it can be hard not to get angry at times, to look for an escape, if even you can leave this boring monotony for a little while but in saying that I have come to understand it's better to put up with life and stick it out in the long run.

:up:

I find it particulary disturbing that psychology is one of the most popluar fields of study for college students in the US.

But we are so.......... mentally unsound...

:huh:

Atleast then, those students realise how many people actually are mentally unsound,

So they can attempt to help them or in any case make a shed load of money from other peoples problems:|

My local news had this coverage

...talking about gas prices, a woman was rather upset. She was saying how "They NEED to lower the prices, and that's it. Period." The interview continued, and the reporter went on, and the lady agreed that if the prices went above $3 that she would drive less. And then, the next question - "Is there any chance you'd stop driving your Lexus SUV behind you there?"

A very quick, short response "-No"

Witht that stupid, bastardly smirk and grin of a completely spoiled brat.

^that's what I really hate about America.

We're complaining about $3 per gallon gas prices (which we haven't even reached yet, I might add), and we act so stuck up about it. I mean, that lady needs to get her head out of her ass, and look at the world around her. But then again, maybe her SUV windows are too tinted to see very far. Things like that disgust me, and make me very unproud to be an American.

Where's the patriotism in that?
(Bitch)

=============================

:rant: (take cover)

Yeah, I mean, if you've ever seen "Rattle&HUm" DVD....
When Bono is doing Sunday Bloody Sunday, and he's talking about how the irish come up to him and talk about the revoloutiong

When he says "Where's the glory in that?"
That's how I'm saying

"Where's the patriotism in that?"

We get all bent out of shape about the war in Iraq, and ..... I'm not even going to talk about what Bush brings to mind. But I mean..... It's like American "patriotism" is ..... it's tainted.

Sure, you want to be great, be the best country in the world, we think we're superior..... but....... ......... we don't use what we have responsibly, so we really arn't worthy of our influence or power.

I'm really worried.... we seem to be corrupting ourselves.

I don't think people are taking the proper stance on educating people. Just on simple efficiency and how things work. How to maintain relationships, how to function as a community, how to funciton as a country.

Grassroots to the whitehouse

Everything.....................

Like a sun, we are imploding under our own weight, our desire to make money, to be the best.

It does make me wonder, though, perhaps we are the best in the world and other countries have problems to deal with that are worse, yes. But....

America COULD be much more than it is, and I believe it should be, too. Look at our youth.......

we treat them so well

spoil them, make them fat
build them up, spend out money
Make them rich and fat

So that we can slaughter them

That's how we corrupt - turn into cannibles
Eating out own chidren

I hope the youth of the nation can overcome this
Because I don't know how much help they will get.

My generation.....

We've got a lot of choices to make.

Last edited:
Yes, I did find a sword photo......

I spent a lot of time making that image
I am....... dissatisfied with it.

But it is the best I can do at the moment.

For Honor....I found a funny one today......this fellow grew an eyebrow hair 3 inches long......made the record books.

Well he says he has been busy speaking on all the talk-radio shows about his 3 inch hair.

Talk about your profoundness.

"So how did you grow this amazing length of hair?"

carol
wizard2c

No wonder I feel depressed.................but it did cheer me up a bit.

When I get a chance I'll tell you about Gandalf's eyebrows and today's The Hobbit reading. I'm redecorating my music/computer room and I had to disconnect my display while they paint and all.....but I'll get it connected back maybe tonight and post more.

Using a temporary PC now....not a Mac but it does the trick.....

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom