Maybe the whole stage moves around the egg ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
I take we have all seen the supposed stage set up with the heart now being egg shaped ? There has been plenty of discussion about the show being in the round and someone in another thread has posted that the show is supposed to be OTT and that some bad seats might not be that bad after all.

Soooooo what if the top parts of the stage were able to move around the outer part of the egg ? It would be like the runway of the heart but there would be rails that allow the stage to move.

That would be something !!

Just a thought...

Last edited:
I'd be more than happy if they showed up, played a couple of hours of music standing on a stage and left. :|

doubtful... it would take up too much of the floor to do that. there would be no advantage to having GA's because for part of the show they'll be pretty far away from the action.

i believe there will be something more to this stage than just a main stage and a "heart like" ramp... but as far as the entire main stage rotating, logisticly doesn't work.

i'm still leaning towards an elevated section of stage... after all, vertigo is a dizzyness and/or feeling like one is falling

If there is moving and/or elevated parts of the stage, I hope Bono is taking notes during practice. :uhoh:

Well, it's certainly going to be something different. they've added some new feature to the stage for the past 3 tours (ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation)...so I am thinking a similar stage set up as Elevation, but with a new twist. I think the stage will be moving, but not quite sure how yet.

Maybe they'll do like Motley Crue and have have Larry suspended upside down over the crowd doing a wicked drum solo. Now, that's rock and roll.:rockon:

AchtungMike said:
I think a stage like the halftime of the superbowl would be great

:eyebrow: But that was basically a modified version of the Elevation stage. Or do you mean the Super Bowl this year with Paul? That wouldnt work for U2 IMO.

The heart is an egg this time, the main stage does NOT rotate around inside of it. The concept this time is a marriage between the Zoo indoor and Elevation stage designs with a few tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
It would be so cool however if they turned the stage around for a song so the people who feel they are getting crappy seats behind the stage ended up getting front row albeit for a short time. But wouldn't that be an impressive display to show your love for the fans, no matter where they sit. That would be great for those fans. And all the girls who love Larry could check out his ass. :wink:

And if my seat in NJ is where I think it is, I could check out Edge's too.

Oops...:reject:

Blue Room, where did you get this info of stage set up? I haven't seen much on it and I'm interested....

I am not sure why people think the stage will move.

There is very little precedent (and even less for U2) for stages to move. There were no moving parts for the following tours:

Joshua Tree
Zoo TV
Elevation

Only in Popmart did the lemon move. Now there are various reasons for this. One, it is the band you want to see move, not so much the stage, Two, moving stages are relatively cheesy, and three the designers are mostly interested in furthering advanced technology (LEDs, AudioSpotlight etc) than have to worry about a part of a moving stage that could fail at any time at any part of a show.

My guess is that we are going to see a lot of video stuff (primarily in the floor of the stage). There is a big movement in use of LED in various forms (Tubes, Cubes, tiles) that can be linked up and driven from a laptop.

Expect to see some of that. Hopefully we will get the audiop spotlight, but aside from that I have to guess that the stage will be stationary.

You can quote me on this...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom