May 14th, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey headache I just checked out the advisory system..pretty cool......how can we get UF to come to Philly? I know your in NY so it's probably not a top prioity but their gig in Philly was cancelled and I was bumed.

Hey instead of writing my paper due this afternoon I designed a U2 tshirt for esp for our 5-14 show. You can order it online if you want. I set up a shop so you can easily buy one if your heart desires. let me know what you think regardless!

http://www.cafepress.com/jammin909

Cool shirt! Ok I have some questions about Philly that need answering.
1) How far from Swarthmore is the Wachovia Center?
2) How far is the Wachovia Center from downtown Philadelphia?
3) How early should I get there- I have reserved seats
4) Can I bring a camera?
5) I think this might be in another forum, but is there a bus or anything to the Wachovia Center from downtown Philadelphia- is there going to be any Interference group going to the show at any time that day?
I think that's it. Thanks!!

U2girl91289 said:
Cool shirt! Ok I have some questions about Philly that need answering.
1) How far from Swarthmore is the Wachovia Center?
2) How far is the Wachovia Center from downtown Philadelphia?
3) How early should I get there- I have reserved seats
4) Can I bring a camera?
5) I think this might be in another forum, but is there a bus or anything to the Wachovia Center from downtown Philadelphia- is there going to be any Interference group going to the show at any time that day?
I think that's it. Thanks!!

1. It may be a brainfart but I have no clue what Swarthmore is
2. About 10-20 mins by public transportation depending on traffic, for an event they usually have buses from 30th st directly to the venue
3. It doesnt matter. Whenever you want. You have reserved seats.
4. Yes as long as it doesnt have a detachable lens and is under 3 inches
5. www.septa.org

Although I'm not hitting Philly this tour, I did go to Elevation at Wachovia (back then the FU Center) as well as Madonna and Vote for Change shows, staying overnight for all three. If you're not doing a long GA slog, and are staying to see some sights and/or coming via public transport, then I would say to stay in Center City and just take the SEPTA to the shows. Holiday Inn Stadium is just OK, not great, there is nothing around but the stadium/arena complex and overall not the best value - but it will do you for a long GA wait since it is convenient to pop in and out of, catch a quick shower, etc.

If you have a car, and not really going to tour or party in the city, then the Philly airport hotels can be a good alternative, better value, and not far at all driving.

Places to get a bite to eat while waiting in the GA line...there is a quite decent cheesesteak place going north on Broad St., about 15 mins. or so walk. For early morning breakfast and hot dog kinda stuff, there was a snack bar in this wholesale depot place on the back side of the complex (other side from the front Broad St. side) that I got a bacon and egg sandwich and a good cup of coffee from. Not sure if that's still there, probably is.

They did have port-a-potties in the parking lot for Elevation, also the bathroom in the Spectrum was open although no guarantees of that this time.

GA queue started EARLY for Elevation, they are a tough bunch down in Philly. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what's the bar situation in the ill-a-delph? besides the 2:00 closing time, that is.

Best bar scene is in old city. 2ed and market 3rd and market. It has pretty much turned into the bar/district of rthe city. If your a club person they are there, if you a bar person they are there. You can always just go to South st and walk up and down stopping in all the bars as you go.

Closer to the center.....A place called Chickies and Pete's. Good seafood and pretty col bar scene. There is also a bar in the Phillies new ballpark called Mcfaddens. Cool sports bar.

I would suggest Mcfadddens before the show if you not in the GA line and go to Old city after the show if you still looking for something to do.

there's a mcfadden's in new york... cool place but always incredibly packed.

Mccfaddens is cool but it does get packed esp for eagles phillies games etc. But im pretty sure there is nothing else the night of the show so we might be ok. It's a pretty big place with an outdoor area with tables if its too crowded inside.

Im not sure about the GA line. With the new scanning system Im up in the air with what to do. That being said you can probably find me and my girl there before noon on the 22ed. Beach chairs and some tunes I think we will have a good time. What do you think are you guys getting there in the early AM?

MccFaddens it is for me and my group...especially if it's walking distance from the wachovia center. :up:

ewwww thats rough...i didnt check that...parking will suck. Luckily the Phillies arent going to draw much attention this year so maybe it wont be as bad as it could be

i just got word that NYC based tribute band The Unforgettable Fire will be performing on a flatbed in the parking lot of the Wachovia Center on the 14th.

giddiup.

That is great news!!!

cool that should be fun preconcert entertaiment....if mcfaddens is a no go you could always try chickie and pete's ...just around the corner from the stadium complex...

What would be the best place and time to potentially meet the band?

I'm flying in from Toronto with a friend on Friday night...

Thanks in advance...

:hmm: phillies have a game the friday before the show... i might have to check out the new stadium

its a real cool stadium, i would check it out.

Back
Top Bottom