March Madness 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty damn funny.

There was a preview of this article I was reading, and it started with "the Lehigh University men's basketball team had never won a game..."

I prefer to think that was the end of the article.

Oh my! Well, that makes things pretty interesting in the South, especially if Indiana can repeat against Kentucky.

I wish my underdog picks to go deep could at least win their first game; I guess I just suck at this. Well, who doesn't?

To think we could have had two #2s and a #1 seed ejected Day 1.

I really didn't hesitate before paying the $4. I'm not paying for cable TV service right now, so the tourney may be a good reason to get an HDMI cable from my mac to my HDTV. I would've pulled it up through my PS3 if only the damn browser could handle Java.

If ND loses this game, it may be one of the most confusing things to ever happen in any sport ever.

My Wolverines got knocked out but since I was still in "DUKE LOST! DUKE LOST! :hyper::love::hyper::applaud:" mode when I saw the score, it didn't sting as much...

why again does everybody arbitrarily hate duke? is it just like hating the yankees for no real, legitimate reason... just that they're successful?

My hatred of Duke has already been stated - I'm a bitter Michigan fan with a long memory (see also: certain 90s Final Fours :wink:) It's the team in general, I respect Coach K a great deal and once some of those players ended up in the NBA I was fine with them (see also: Hill, Laetner, etc.).

Right, but the school in general. Their fans, etc. They are a bit of a front-runners school.

But yeah, I root against Calipari at all times.

JJ Redick was on Bill Simmons's podcast a while back, and Simmons asked Redick why he thought that people hated him and Duke so much. Redick replied that the reasons were (1) because Duke is successful, (2) because Duke has a lot of white players, and (3) because he acted like a punk. How to weight these reasons is, I guess, an exercise for the listener.

Alma mater's going to the real Final 4 next week at MSG.

Headache, if you get the chance to go to the NIT, Chaz Williams and UMass will be an entertaining take.
Great comeback win coming from down 17 in the 2nd to beat Drexel on their home floor...only one senior on the team, they should be in the big dance in 2013.

Am I the only one who enjoys the fact that Bobby Knight won't say Kentucky? Everyone is ripping him for it, but, despite him being Bobby Knight, I love the fact that at least someone at that fucking network remembers that John Calipari sucks.

Alma mater's going to the real Final 4 next week at MSG.

Headache, if you get the chance to go to the NIT, Chaz Williams and UMass will be an entertaining take.
Great comeback win coming from down 17 in the 2nd to beat Drexel on their home floor...only one senior on the team, they should be in the big dance in 2013.

don't need to see any more of chaz... i saw enough of him when he was in high school.

and i'd also like to note that we were 2-0 vs. him, thank you very much :wink:

don't need to see any more of chaz... i saw enough of him when he was in high school.

and i'd also like to note that we were 2-0 vs. him, thank you very much :wink:

He's either gonna light the Garden up next week, or nerves of playing there will have him put up the biggest stinker of his career. But damn he's fun to watch.

everything rides on Kansas beating UNC....everyone in my group except one with Kentucky as the national champ has UNC going on. So if everything breaks right I can be 2nd of ~160 people, but if UNC wins I'll be, like, 40th.

...it'd be nice if UNC ever missed a shot

new over/under is 200 total points

aaaand now UNC can't hit squat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom