Manatee County, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've staved off food poisoning, begun my last semester of undergrad, listened to three new albums, ran for half an hour, and made some New Year's Resolutions. I think this was a profitable day. Now I'm going to bed after I finish this blog update.

:up:

Thank god somebody else is writing in the blog. I've made 6 of the last 7 updates!

I can't believe NONE of them have been about metal.

Are you asking for a CON-TAKT?

Hardcore UFOs > Tractor Rape Chain > the rest.

How do their other albums fare?

Alien Lanes follows the same formula, but the songs are very fine, more developed. The production is smoother too, but I don't necessarily consider that a good thing.

Alien Lanes follows the same formula, but the songs are very fine, more developed. The production is smoother too, but I don't necessarily consider that a good thing.

May have to give it a go then. But yeah, the shitty lo-fi nature of Bee Thousand has a real charm. I like it. Part of the reason I love Hardcore UFOs is0 for when the guitar in the left channel drops out briefly.

Well, you've convinced me to give it a shot. In fact, I'll listen to both of their albums and do the Axver Vampire Weekend Experience.

And yes, MOAR ONE HIT WONDERS.

I almost want to say it's Animal Collective light. But I seem to feel that way about a lot of stuff recently.

I'm going to do Men Without Hats next, whenever i have time (tomorrow probably)

Ok, I'm off :wave:

Bye A$hers and hello Charlotte! :wave:

I almost want to say it's Animal Collective light. But I seem to feel that way about a lot of stuff recently.

I'm going to do Men Without Hats next, whenever i have time (tomorrow probably)

Ok, I'm off :wave:

Hah, we'll see what I make of it.

Will be looking forward to it!

:wave: I've returned.

The name "Vampire Weekend" puts me right off!

Really? See, with a name like Vampire Weekend, I'm surprised I DIDN'T listen to the debut in 2008. Probably indie hipsters deterred me.

Thought process: Vampires = Twilight = STAY AWAYY :no:

... fuck! I hadn't made that connection yet.

I had made the connection to some book Alison coaxed me into reading that was pretty decent, but not that.

Well, if they suck, I can slag them off as Twilight Weekend.

Really? See, with a name like Vampire Weekend, I'm surprised I DIDN'T listen to the debut in 2008. Probably indie hipsters deterred me.

I recall pasting the lyrics of Oxford Comma in the superthread, whose mere presence nearly killed you. It's THAT indie.

Well, I've staved off food poisoning, begun my last semester of undergrad, listened to three new albums, ran for half an hour, and made some New Year's Resolutions. I think this was a profitable day. Now I'm going to bed after I finish this blog update.

You've done better than me, then! :happy:

Also:

THE HUGE MANATEE!! :love:

Ali! :wave: How goes it?

It goes much better than last night, when I got food poisoning and threw up for 12 hours!

Now I have to go see if I can eat any dinner... I may well be going to bed shortly after this, so :wave: if I don't come back.

ETA: Note my awesome satanic postcount, too.... :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom