LP14: Songs of Experience - To Valencia and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these reports are just regurgitating the vague quotes from u2 en Espana, which are incredibly vague to everyone who's read them except for u2 en Espana

If you read the post, it is just reporting what the band members said adding that
"As usual, the words of the group are not very clear and we know that their plans change quite often but we MIGHT conclude that the disk is not yet finished and that it SEEMS that the tour will not resume until 2017."

Don't see any hints of confirmation there....It has been the press around the world who created a huge bubble.

Anyway, to understand that you need to have gone to primary school and have a minimum of reading skills that I understand not everyone here has got.

38296-Klb-Nazi-videoclip-Nicki-Minaj-Forum.fok.gif

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So to sum up.

A guy some of the band knows gets married in Spain, and a fan site 'reporter' chats it up with (Drunk?) Bono after dinner.

This turns into the album may or may not be done and many here are in the 'it's done and will be released before end of November' camp.

The band mentions some tour stuff and the Irish Times runs this as 'confirmation' and 'announcement' of a 2017 tour. Meanwhile on U2. com, the latest "News" is from July 25th with zero information about SOE or potential tours.

The band are on vacation, fan site reporters are camped out near said vacation hoping for Beach Clips 2, not to be confused with Use Your Illusion 2, and the rest of us are just thinking:

Album = soon, probably before the holidays to capitalize on sales and 40th anniversary of a note on a school wall.

Tour = tickets on sale before year-end, starts somewhere between February and April, likely in the USA, but nothing to base that on.

Did I save anyone a few clicks?

PS -- that clown in Wisconsin goes to all the Goo Goo Dolls shows, he's there to announce one song... some will understand.

Is that why the clown was carrying black balloons? Lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good recap! The Brian Boyd article also includes some info separate from what U2 en Espana reported..

- SOE will touch on band coping with success after Live Aid /Joshua Tree
- Band will celebrate 40th anniversary with album launch party or one-off hometown show on September 25th
-big outdoor gig likely happening in Dublin, 2018. (Final ie tour gig? Final u2 gig?)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did nobody read the Irish Times article? Seemed like a pretty specific date for the tour starting up (March 2017).

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

Did nobody read the Irish Times article? Seemed like a pretty specific date for the tour starting up (March 2017).

That could also just be a regurgitated rumor. We heard a couple months ago that U2 had booked La Plata Stadium in Argentina in March, for the beginning of the tour.

Really? Well that sucks. Guess I don't follow as closely as I thought. Thanks for the info :)

Is that why the clown was carrying black balloons? Lolz

Winner!

"B" was for Black Balloons and for me personally the "B" stood for Boat Repair for me... ugg!

I've said it before here, I'll suggest it again ... if you get a chance, the Goo Goo Dolls put on a great show... sit on a lawn chair with your favorite cold beverage and say to yourself, "wow, I forgot that song".... what they do, they do well IMO.

Anyway, to understand that you need to have gone to primary school and have a minimum of reading skills that I understand not everyone here has got.

Is this your marketing plan on how to get more followers? You may have watched too many Trump speeches.

Winner!

"B" was for Black Balloons and for me personally the "B" stood for Boat Repair for me... ugg!

I've said it before here, I'll suggest it again ... if you get a chance, the Goo Goo Dolls put on a great show... sit on a lawn chair with your favorite cold beverage and say to yourself, "wow, I forgot that song".... what they do, they do well IMO.

Their new album is just ok, but Magnetic I think is one of their best albums. Definitely worth checking out live.

Given how vague U2 is and how little we know about SOI release date and the tour future leg(s), I say date shmate.

Can everyone stop for a second and take some damn reading lessons?

Can everyone stop for a second and take some damn reading lessons?

What about poor Leo, he can't even afford to go to school. Has to help put gruel on the table by working 16 hour days in the grape vineyards. Boy can't read anything save a few choice words like "dad", "why" and "abandon".

The next four weeks are going to be brutal

Confirmed Rumour: Lead single from Songs Of Experience will be a rewrite of "Salome" as a tribute to Harambe.
Leaked lyrics include...
"Harambe
Save it Save it Save It
Harambe
Save it Save it Save it
Harambe

Baby Please
What Do Your Parents Do
When You Crawled In My Cage
And People thought I was going to drown you"

Audience will wear Harambe masks.
"If you love this gorilla, put his mask on and let Harambe's face be your face"
-Bono

Bono will let out a wild Gorilla mating call as a segue into Streets.

There a tribute band in the uk, used to be called achtung baby a couple of years ago. They tour around the uk alot. Ive seen them a few times. They are very good. Im pretty sure the singer also appeared on stars in your eyes as bono. Anyone from the uk will know what that tv show was. Great tribute act, defo recommend going to see them for anyone in the uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom