LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha christ Dan I was joking. I thought you were too, I thought that was a whole lot of anger for something that could be Googled in seconds...

Hahaha christ Dan I was joking. I thought you were too, I thought that was a whole lot of anger for something that could be Googled in seconds...

I was semi joking - apologies - the lack of announcement, and nervousness that the wait may finally be over is causing some cabin fever.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha so I see!! No worries :) just imagine what its going to be like trying to get tickets for the iTunes Festival if they do actually play.

Haha so I see!! No worries :) just imagine what its going to be like trying to get tickets for the iTunes Festival if they do actually play.
Speaking of the iTunes Festival, gaps are filling up slowly. New acts were announced today - now September 1, 6, 19, 22-25 and 28-30 are still TBA. I would love for them to play the festival, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I don't think it will matter a ton if it ends up being the week before or after. Universal knows that U2 fans will buy the record whether Taylor Swift's is out or not.

I think a U2 album in 2014 is just about a done deal. The only thing that gives me pause was the report that Edge said it wasn't done yet...for the love of God, if they aren't done yet - IMO, it strains the credulity of October. But that report was just a fan sighting/meeting so I don't know how much stock to place in it. Also..filming a video while still recording? That would be a first, would it not?

Either way, I can't imagine them taking much longer unless there is a double album in store and I remain dubious of that as any sane person would be. Although...maybe. Nothing wrong with hope. They've taken twice as long with this one as anything they've ever recorded. Larry said it...it wouldn't be completely off the radar but yeah...what the hell am I thinking?

Yeah, true. I just remember Swift's Red being a massive, massive success, selling over 1M units in its first week. The residual into week 2 wasn't that much, just around 300,000. They'd be safe to 'dethrone' her off the top spot.

I agree. I think it's a done deal, but I don't read much into what Edge said. They've always been known to tinker until they've been cut off. Wasn't the chorus of Last Night on Earth done while they were mixing or something ridiculous like that? Have to imagine that it's much easier to tinker in 2014 in the final stages than it was in 1996/1997.

Not expecting a double album, but it wouldn't shock me if they end up releasing two albums in two years out of all these sessions. I get the feeling that this is the last major hurrah for U2. I mean, it's taken over five years between albums, and they're not getting any younger. Might as well just go balls to the wall. And the second album would be "safe" to fail in a sense, since I think if they do release a quick followup, it would be during a tour, which overshadows everything else that they do really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom