LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please U2 just come out and say something

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

so, to sum up the Adele rumors... we are basing this off that shitty clip that you can't hear anything on?

Is this what you people are telling me?

Really?

Yep, and the fact that she has album coming out and her producer is Epworth and U2 want's to be relevant.

I was just speculating and in my small mind the stuff I wrote makes perfect sense. However, eventhough I quite like Adele, I would not want her on U2 album. It would somehow be too desperate from U2..

Just to clarify, going back to yesterday's news... If we are to believe the report from U2 Brasil (about seeing the list of release dates from Universal), and if we are believing that U2 wouldn't release the same day as Taylor Swift, does that mean we've narrowed down the release date to three options- Oct 7/14/21?

This Adele speculation is totally ridiculous. From the very little one can make out from the clip it MAY be a woman's voice, but if so, it doesn't sound like Adele to me at all.

Apart from that, I think Adele is a great singer. If U2 should decide to do a duet with a female singer, I'd prefer her over most other female singers that are successful and hot right now.

I caught the Colm O'Sullivan show on Today FM in Ireland this evening. He played I Will Follow early in the show. After it finished he stated that the new album was coming out this year and that it was being produced by Danger Mouse with additional mixing by Epworth. He said it as if it was officially announced but it just sounded like additional second reporting of the Rolling Stone comment.

Just to clarify, going back to yesterday's news... If we are to believe the report from U2 Brasil (about seeing the list of release dates from Universal), and if we are believing that U2 wouldn't release the same day as Taylor Swift, does that mean we've narrowed down the release date to three options- Oct 7/14/21?
I would say so, but as Taylor Swift and Coldplay (recent examples) have proven - you don't have to release albums on Tuesdays.

Now everything makes sense. I believe U2 did in fact have the album ready early this year, but they were negotiating with Apple and thus cautious about calling invisible the 1st single. If they would not had signed with Apple they would have released the "real" 1st single in spring. However they did sign and put the album in wraps. The delay also meant that they had suddenly more time to work on songs to make them absolutely perfect and also try with new producer Paul Epworth. His mix of Ordinary Love was the CV to get to work on the new album. I also believe that the "1st" single is Song for Someone and it's a duet with Adele (Epworth connection). They were shooting the video/Apple commercial last week for that song. When the next iPhone 6 and iPhone 6L launches 9th of September we will see the commercial. Huge platform for Apple, U2's AND Adele's coming albums. Boom! Album will be out late September early October. I also think U2 will have promo show later this year (small venues) early next year and then in March/April they start the 2 year world tour. Arenas first and then stadiums. Beautiful days ahead of us!

I like your feeling on this and would be very happy if it happened.

All this talk about not releasing there album 10/27 because of Taylor Swift is a bit overblown.

On October 30th, 2000 U2 released ATYCLB. They sold 436k albums and opened up 3rd on the Billboard 200 behind Jay Z and OutKast, both HUGE artists at that time.

U2 was just as eager to score a big hit Album then, coming off of the poop sales of POP as they are today.

In the end, their music won out and outsold BOTH Jay Zs and OutKasts albums.

Boom Cha Bitches! 10/27 is back in play.

U2 was just as eager to score a big hit Album then, coming off of the poop sales of POP as they are today.

I meant "poor" sales of POP but don't want to edit it because it made me laugh and it's kinda true!!

7/14/21

14 october 2021?

Are you trying to tell us something?

That better not be a Tuesday

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Guys I dont know what I did there. It should read 14 July 2021. I am not drunk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

so, to sum up the Adele rumors... we are basing this off that shitty clip that you can't hear anything on?

Is this what you people are telling me?

Really?
It's become generally accepted that the song must be Song for Someone based off nothing other than the fact that it's mid-tempo. The whole thing is insane.

That's my Adele impersonation in written form

ku-medium_zps69b820e5.gif

Boy you can really tell when Edge and Bono are phoning it in. It really just sounds like a shined-up demo. There's a pretty decent song in there somewhere.

Sounds like someone borrowed the synth settings from November Rain

It's become generally accepted that the song must be Song for Someone based off nothing other than the fact that it's mid-tempo. The whole thing is insane.

well, you can hear them sing "someone" quite plainly in the chorus of the song, each time it pops us. not enough to say "IT IS" Song for Someone, but certainly makes it seem likely.

here's the cleanest version we have...
https://soundcloud.com/will-hoenig/hive

I dont know why we're expecting to hear Song for Someone in September though.. isn't Siren generally accepted as the rumoured title of the first single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom