LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a very well written song. Great lyrics....but where the fuck is edge? I'm not sold on the production just yet. This had potential to be a huge heartbreaker but there's too much of a pop sound going on. I dunno guys...few more listens.

Minimalist Edge!:lol: Actually there's lots of guitar in there. So many layers keep listening.

I thought the hook that follows the "there is no them" melody sounds more like a synth guitar line than keys, hence, Edge.

Invisible sounds really good side by side with the Paul Epworth version of Ordinary Love. I bet Epworth is the producer they are "experimenting with." I also bet the longer version of Invisible will be on the eventual album as an added inducement to pick it up and replace the "free" chopped down version. So happy with Invisible! :hyper:

It is in the US ITunes store. Look up a U2 album, click on U2 in the description and "songs". It's in there.

A suggestion for mods: at least when this topic reaches 1000, we can *try* to keep a new one just for the new album at this point, and to redirect (in the first post) everyone to the 'Invisible' thread for the comments.

25 minutes to go on iheart. Going old school and waiting to hear it for the first time on the radio.

Hopefully it's not an indication of the larger album, because it sounds just pretty generic. Instrumentally there's some hope in there, but as soon as Bono kicks it it just falls back to the straight "meh" territory that the last few albums have fallen into.

Hopefully it's not an indication of the larger album, because it sounds just pretty generic. Instrumentally there's some hope in there, but as soon as Bono kicks it it just falls back to the straight "meh" territory that the last few albums have fallen into.

Well a few people are loving it?

Sad that it couldn't get to some people. Oh well, more enjoying for everyone else! :hyper: :rockon: Can't stop listening!

It's better than I was expecting based on recent music but overall, the song struggles to rise above *meh*

That said, I could see the song taking off because of the 'I am not invisible' lyrics. It's sort of a universal anthem.

Yeah, I agree with the U2 paint-by-numbers claim. I wish this was just a (RED) thing only and not part of any upcoming album. But hopefully the new album has an abundance of songs not like this or Ordinary Love. They both seem unfinished/filler.

Back
Top Bottom