LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Checking in..... only 8 hours or so! Any worthwhile updates in the last 24 hours???

There is 13 hours and 8 minutes until then.

enchanted.gif

Haven't posted in forever but wanted to share: a good friend of mine works for a digital ad firm that is helping Bank of America with the Super Bowl event. He told me today that next to no one involved has heard the full song yet, the band has it on lockdown. He also says the album is slated for June and a big band announcement is coming in February around the Fallon show, but it's unclear if that meant the album release date or tour dates. He also said he's heard they are, in fact, mostly playing arenas this time, but may mix in a stadium show or two.

One more note: apparently Bank of America is playing a role with the tour too. Maybe as sponsor? At the very least, sounds like there could be some presale for BoA customers (like I have seen other bands/sports teams do with, say, MasterCard or Chase).

Again, things can change and nothing is 100% guaranteed. But my pal is pretty plugged in.

Haven't posted in forever but wanted to share: a good friend of mine works for a digital ad firm that is helping Bank of America with the Super Bowl event. He told me today that next to no one involved has heard the full song yet, the band has it on lockdown. He also says the album is slated for June and a big band announcement is coming in February around the Fallon show, but it's unclear if that meant the album release date or tour dates. He also said he's heard they are, in fact, mostly playing arenas this time, but may mix in a stadium show or two.

One more note: apparently Bank of America is playing a role with the tour too. Maybe as sponsor? At the very least, sounds like there could be some presale for BoA customers (like I have seen other bands/sports teams do with, say, MasterCard or Chase).

Again, things can change and nothing is 100% guaranteed. But my pal is pretty plugged in.

Thanks for sharing.

Hello, welcome back. :wave:
Thanks for sharing!

Appreciate it. :)

Maybe I should get a BoA checking account and put $20 in it. Or some no-fee credit card.

Damn, I'd be thrilled with the announcement of the release date or tour dates in February. At least then we'll KNOW!

Thanks for sharing the info.

Interesting. :hmm: Thanks for telling us this!

Damn, I'd be thrilled with the announcement of the release date or tour dates in February. At least then we'll KNOW!

Thanks for sharing the info.

My thoughts too. The guessing game is getting old. Time for clarification.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, I was trying to convey my own excitement, not ... um ... what I'm guessing is *your* excitement.

An announcement in Feb for a June release leaves about 3 and a half months of build up, so when Invisible is about a month or two old, we'll get the next single, and then the album a month or two after that. Sounds about right now.

Thanks for the info Jon.

An announcement in Feb for a June release leaves about 3 and a half months of build up, so when Invisible is about a month or two old, we'll get the next single, and then the album a month or two after that. Sounds about right now.

Yep.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that U2 have never released an album in this timeframe before, except for Zooropa (which was released in mid-July). Other than Zooropa, it's always been October/November (Boy/October/The Unforgettable Fire/Rattle and Hum/Achtung Baby/Original Sountracks 1/ATYCLB/Bomb) or February/March (War/The Joshua Tree/Pop/No Line). Obviously, it's not out of the question for them to do so, and a management change will make that more likely, but U2 are creatures of habit.

I'm not feeling well and am heading in early.
The good thing about this is that when I wake in the morning, Invisible will be floating around, since noon EST is 9 AM PST.

For those of you online between now and then, I hope it becomes available earlier. :wave:
And enjoy your first listen!!!

Yep.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that U2 have never released an album in this timeframe before, except for Zooropa (which was released in mid-July). Other than Zooropa, it's always been October/November (Boy/October/The Unforgettable Fire/Rattle and Hum/Achtung Baby/Original Sountracks 1/ATYCLB/Bomb) or February/March (War/The Joshua Tree/Pop/No Line). Obviously, it's not out of the question for them to do so, and a management change will make that more likely, but U2 are creatures of habit.

The price of albums has stayed constant, and even gone down over the last 20 years. Consumer buying power has meant that release month is largely irrelevant. Nov/Dec does give a christmas sales bump, but I also don't think that has much effect in modern music, when most music is bought digitally, people don't gift digital music much.

I think given that it is U2, they will sell no matter when they release it, so it will come out when their pre-determined planning says it will.

Yep.

But if the album was truly delayed for whatever reason, then the original plan may have been said fall 2013 release. I believe there were several indications of such. My point is that the tentative June release date may be attributable to the organic recording process not necessarily a new marketing strategy. Let's hope that we don't wind up in October/November 2014.

Wow, did somebody just come in here claiming inside info and Interference received it politely, neither leaping to absurd conclusions nor tearing down the poster as a troll?

Wonders will never cease.

Yeah don't latch onto the time of year, they were "never going to do a spring release again" after Pop, but a delay gave us NLOTH in March. (Though it was technically winter at that point in March. :wink:).

Back
Top Bottom