LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gwen Stefani is great at fronting No Doubt.

Maybe she should continue that instead of "it's my shit/it's bananas!" or "I ain't no hollaback girl" part II.

"Too many notes" = notes from the label to make it more accessible to teenagers

Or

"Too many notes" = the original production was too cluttered, we are stripping back and simplifying, which will also help us to play the songs live and not replace Larry with a machine.

Sent from

It would be likely they're readjusting the material to be more playable live.

The former -- their label is pretty weak given how much time they're allowed to spend on recording and writing music.

Hopefully U2 doesn't have songs like "Get On Your Boots" or " The Future Needs A Big Kiss" on their new album.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

What are Christina Agulera and Whitney Houston doing in that video?

The former -- their label is pretty weak given how much time they're allowed to spend on recording and writing music.

Why would the label care about how much time they're spending on recording and writing? They aren't ever guaranteed another new U2 album again. They have no leverage, not because they're weak, but because U2 do precisely what they want to do. Besides, if I'm Universal, why would I want to bite the hand of one of the few mouths still feeding me? I'm not weak because I can't swim out and fight off a great white shark. It's relative. There should be no expectation at all that the label could (or would want to) try to force their hand.

So timely that is post is on a new page.
It's like a clean slate of hope and optimism.

Mixing means done with recording, or?

From another forum....

"I heard today from someone at Live Nation that paperwork was submitted regarding upcoming tour dates for "new album support."

Finally mixing the album? This could take months with those thee albums?!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hmmm, seems things could be cranking slowly into gear here... Be interesting to see if there is an actual announcement, or if they do want to 'surprise' people.

Still could be a while to go yet, and I'd imagine given how late in the year it is getting they will wait until Q4 to cash in on Xmas sales too.

Hmmm, seems things could be cranking slowly into gear here... Be interesting to see if there is an actual announcement, or if they do want to 'surprise' people.

Still could be a while to go yet, and I'd imagine given how late in the year it is getting they will wait until Q4 to cash in on Xmas sales too.

Yeah assuming it gets released this year I'll be expecting an album announcement in the first half of August

Back
Top Bottom