LP 13 talk & Bono's haircut tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything made sense up until delaying the album out of a Q1-2014 release. Ordinary Love to get back into the news, Invisible and the Super Bowl, kicking off Fallon's show -- it all obviously pointed to something earlier this year. That all made sense.

It all made sense if they actually, ya know, released an album.

i find this to be the likely scenario.

They released the 2 new songs, did promos for Jimmy Fallon and Super Bowl tie in with the expectation of a spring/summer release.

They got cold feet and will release in Q4 this year. That being said, they are probably over tweaking, throwing in tons of synthesizers and sound just like U2 2000 to present. This will make me unhappy. :doh:

They should name the album OHM.

Someone should tell Bono that. It'd make a good title.

Someone took a picture with The Edge at Heathrow today (on Instagram, can't link because I'm on my phone). Probably means they're taking another break, or finished taking one.

The last official anything from U2 was invisible... Why would they announce shipping their equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Perhaps the most telling thing regarding this isn't whether or not it is valid, but that the reaction to it is heavily tilted toward reaction about Gwen Stefani and not U2.

agreed, but not shocking to me anymore....A bunch of sheep in this world !:doh:

Because a bunch of 50 year olds who haven't released an album in five years (nor an acclaimed one in 13) weren't as widely discussed as one of the most popular female celebrities in music?

Plus, it's not like a U2 album is a huge surprise, after all, they DID have a huge campaign early in the year. Late though it may be, it's not really news on a wide-scale, we all saw it coming. Gwen on the other hand, that's actually some relatively new information.

Also, thank you for drawing my attention to it, I completely overlooked the other name on there, because I was excited for potential U2, but holy shit! New Gwen solo album? NOT comprised of complete B-Sides? FUCKKKKKKK yessssssssss.

Because a bunch of 50 year olds who haven't released an album in five years (nor an acclaimed one in 13) weren't as widely discussed as one of the most popular female celebrities in music?

I dunno... Stefani hasn't released a new album for 8 years.. maybe her fans are just that much hungrier.

Yes, but No Doubt got back together in that time.

I just can't believe someone on here called Gwen fans sheep...

Perhaps my point was misinterpreted.

The same 10 auto-tuned songs are on rotation on most major radio stations. "the sheep" eat them up and think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Perhaps my point was misinterpreted.

The same 10 auto-tuned songs are on rotation on most major radio stations. "the sheep" eat them up and think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

And? Gwen's first solo album is one of the greatest pop albums of all time. A proper follow-up is one of the most exciting pieces of music news I've seen recently.

Back
Top Bottom