Looneyville, Texas, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like whether it would be inappropriate to keep blathering about random albums and shit to kick this thread to its end.

Well the new Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas album is fucking amazing. Easily the best thing Cult of Luna have ever made, and one of the most distinctive sludge metal albums ever made.

Which means I'll be the only person to rave about it on Interference.

But that's par for the course.

I think more people would dig the album by Rob Crow's Gloomy Place though. Wonderful, smart indie rock.

And hot damn the first few tracks of SVIIB by School of Seven Bells are such fucking emotionally powerful synthpop even if you don't know the backstory.

What else is there to talk about? It's finally getting a bit cold in Melbourne? Can't believe I was wearing shorts and t-shirt right up to the end of April. Fucking come ON.

What, FYM is still a shithole, EYKIW has tumbleweeds, the less said about PLEBA, and B&C is the one forum with the occasional worthwhile conversation?

Yep.

And holy shit this running thing. I thought I was really struggling this morning. Turns out I did my best time on my current route. No fucking idea how. I'm still pretty slow, but it's crazy that I've shaved seven minutes off my times from three or so months ago.

Cobbler, now that you live in this neck of the woods, maybe you'll see this impossible sight for yourself. I've already passed a few people I know along Union Street - but I wish I'd pass somebody I know round the bottom of the Zoo just so there's independent corroboration that I do in fact get that far. :lol:

What, FYM is still a shithole, EYKIW has tumbleweeds, the less said about PLEBA, and B&C is the one forum with the occasional worthwhile conversation?

Yep.

I see Radiohead are still the duck's tits.

Nothing cemented my opinion more than when I came up with a very popular Desert Island playlist based off the popular threads at the time.

Cobbler, now that you live in this neck of the woods, maybe you'll see this impossible sight for yourself. I've already passed a few people I know along Union Street - but I wish I'd pass somebody I know round the bottom of the Zoo just so there's independent corroboration that I do in fact get that far. :lol:

This is where you may wish to consider OTT social media.

I'm actually genuinely surprised my Facebook feed isn't drowning with people frothing at the mouth over the new Radiohead thing.

But hey, we can probably assume right now that practically every year-end album list will have Bowie and Radiohead at #1 and #2. The question will be what order.

On an unrelated note, I've started playing Train Simulator, and I'm trying to get into Cities Skylines.

Ten years ago I'd have rolled my eyes.

Would you believe I never really got into train simulators?

I do - because I have no reason to be into them.

It would've made sense if it were me!

But back in the day I always enjoyed building networks like in Railroad Tycoon (similar principle to why I enjoyed the likes of Sim City or Rollercoaster Tycoon) rather than operating an individual component.

Don't think I've played a computer game of any sort in at least seven years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom