Looneyville, Texas, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in theory working right now.

My presence here and on Facebook suggests my productivity has possibly slipped in the last half hour.

Everybody here seems to think I'm some sort of productive work machine.

Even when they walk into my office and see the Blue Crack before I change tabs the illusion is somehow not shattered! I'm so fucking mystified.

Makes me wonder what I might accomplish if I really knuckled down though.

Well, not entirely win/win because I could really use producing a few more articles to make my CV look nice. People here may think I'm a machine but some random person glancing over my CV doesn't have that impression. (Actually I know I'm downplaying my CV, but I always want it to be even stronger than it is.)

Helps I'm currently applying for a job right here though!

My fingers are crossed so fucking hard, you've no idea. Locking myself in to this university to the end of 2021? Oh my god please.

To be honest this particular job the competition is going to be crazy. 3 positions, odds are 300 applications. I won't be shocked if there's 500+. I feel sorry for whoever gets to sift through all that.

So I'll be chuffed to just get an interview!

Not a bad move!

Right, I'll be back a bit later and maybe we can fucking kick on to Swampy Summit.

Maybe. Or post random shit.

Like that I've learnt I'm really crap at binge-watching TV.

I'm trying to hurriedly catch up on Game of Thrones. I've read the books but now that the show is ahead of the books I better watch it you know? I just wish I realised that more than a couple of days out from season six beginning.

I wish I had the chance to read more.

WHERE HAS MY TIME GONE.

I'm such a shit son, I always forget Mother's and Father's Day

Ha.

I never forget my parents' birthdays, but fake Hallmark holidays are easy to overlook.

Maybe to kick this thread to its end I'll just mention some cool albums from this year.

Like my favourite so far, Soft Hate by Memoryhouse. Good example of a chillwave band becoming straight up dreamy synthpop. Don't know why it has a crap rating on RYM.

And how about Kontakt by Fjørt? Great post-hardcore of the more traditional, screamo-inclined variety (as in actual screamo, not "I'm a dickhead so I'll throw the word 'screamo' at any vaguely heavy music"). Glad I've forgotten most of my German though. I suspect the lyrics probably blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom