Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

News just in:

President George W Bush has given Billie Joe Armstrong 48 hours to leave Green Day or he will invade. He has announced he has "iron clad" evidence that he has Weapons of Mass Destruction.

:lol:

beli said:

I Got You was a hit for ever. Countdown used to play snippets of the top10 at the end of the show and finish with the whole video for the Number 1 song. Neil Finn was so pretty with his boofy fringe. lol.

Pink Floyd were huge too. I used to have the Dark Side of The Moon poster on my wall. As did EVERYONE.lol. Lots of panel vans had the Floyd artwork on the side too. You dont see that anymore, people being so obsessed with an album they paint the cover on their car. lol.

Hunters were odd. They had a hit with Talking To A Stranger (which I still have on vinyl). The video was one of the first really weird/arty videos. Its still one of my favourites. Then no hits for ages. Then, gawd, Ive forgotten the song.- "ground her finger into my breatbone, and she said, you dont make me feel like a woman any more" (which I always thought was about Deborah Conway from Do Re Mi who Mark had been dating. lol) There might have been a hit before that I'll have to think.

Midnight Oil, I wasnt into. They did take a while to take off. I remember Amnesty asking me if I wanted a free ticket to their show/sell stuff at the concert. I said no as I had just worked the 3 Lovetown concerts and thought someone else should have a turn.

Anyway, Im rambling. Im off to bed. Feel free to email me beilindt (at) gmail (dot) com

beli... you indeed to rock! :rockon:

I may well email you. :shifty:

Just to ease that pain you get in you're head when you can't think of "that" song it was When The River Runs Dry :wink:

timothius said:
I don't want to start an argument or even a discussion about this but seriously... why is the general concencus Green Day rock & Coldplay are plagarists? They're both fine & dandy with me.

I'm tempted to get going on Coldplay, but
today is about Africa:rockon:

I'm back from the post office & supermarket, what did I miss???

Just kidding! I've read through this thread. I bet Green Day's entire set will be on the MTV coverage, and I kinda hope so, because it sounds like they were amazing.

Right now I'm listening to REM, and they sound really good. "Everybody Hurts" is a GREAT song.

ok...so Everybody Hurts is a signature song...one of their biggest, but REM's other songs aren't good choices...

//yearning for the old REM

Man on the Moon.
I got the stage lyrics thrown at me at the end of the Atlanta show. They're in my concert scrap book now.:drool:

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

How old are you lot? About 80?!

timothius said:
What are we going to do when the Vienna setlist party comes around? Disregard? Merge?

One setlist is too confusing for me, letalone two. :huh:

That is a really good question! We can't break our tradition of having setlist parties! But we can't leave Live 8 either!

Until they start showing Philadelphia's lineup, that is! :laugh:

Green Day's version of Champions was actually quite good. Pretty tough to deem one of today's more relevant artists "clowns." American Idiot is one of the better albums in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom