Las Vegas End of Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got tix from the UNLV presale.
Had to use the "Priority Mail" option for $12.
For those who also purchased from UNLV presale, or from past UNLV shows......
any idea when these tickets will be printed and shipped out?

I asked UNLVtickets customer service person, and she said one month before the show.

Is it REALLY going to take THAT LONG before I get the tickets, or is it like TicketMaster where they state tickets will be sent no later than 48 hours before show...but shipped within 2 weeks of purchase?

Abso-friggin-lutely!

While I understand the frustration, and go ahead and shout it out loud; don't be surprised if it goes something like this -- paraphrased.

We are sorry for the inconveneince.

U2, Principle Mgmt, LiveNation, Bono, Larry, Adam, Edge, Ali, and Paul do not control the venue's ticketing contractor, sub contractors, helpers vendors and so forth.

While many use TicketMaster, some don't, and thus do not have as robust of a system, backup, computer stuff #1, computer stuff #2, yada yada yada.

While many people experienced slow response times, many who did experience slow response time also successfully purchased tickets during the pre-sale.

If you have not used your pre-sale code, but the system said you did, we will do everything we can to investigate and fix that problem, but we can not guarantee you a ticekt to the Vegas show.

We hope you understand that this is a complex issue and worldwide demand for tickets has been off the chart.

For your inconvenience, please find attached / enclosed a $20 gift certificate to U2.com Shops.

No Public GA's for Vegas

I have it on VERY good authority that the GA's were sold out during the presale...This is the smallest venue they'll play in the U.S.

The first two U2 presale groups sales went fine but their TM software wasn't good enough to handle all the unique passcodes all at once for the bigger 'boots' group and that's what crashed their server for about 10-15 minutes.

A bad day all around...Still GA's available for Phoenix!

Good luck to all!

Vegas Ticket Delivery

I also found out that tickets will be sent out in 60-90 days for the Vegas show to keep them out of brokers hands longer and to make sure the database is scrubed and they don't have any issues when they send out the tickets.

All that means is that I will be checking my UNLV account on a daily basis to make sure my order is still there since I don't trust their system at all. :|

I probably wont feel ok until I see that my credit card has been charged.

Decided to check the venue pre-sale to see what they're offering now and pulled up :

section 219 level u row 26 seat 1s 1-4 for $30 a seat

I probably wont feel ok until I see that my credit card has been charged.

Ditto. It looks like my credit card was charged the day my Vancouver tickets were printed (3 days after I bought them). I wonder how long it will take them to charge our cards for this. Hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Yep, I'll be there with bells on :wave: Vegas, LA & possibly Phoenix.

We'll have to make an Aussie 'West Coast' thread at some stage. See if any Aussies want to head over together (I'm travelling alone).

Hey Guys,

I'm really sorry to hear about all those that missed out on GA's during the presale :sad:

For those shooting for GA's in the general sale (if they're around), good luck. If you're unsuccessful with the GA's you might try for GA's in early October. My friend got GA's for both Vertigo Sydney 2 & 3 a few days before the events (10 months after Sydney 2 had sold out - it was delayed for 6 months). Sounds like it's pretty normal for tickets to be released near the event date, to cut down on scalping. I guess it'd be a good idea to purchase a seat as a backup, in case GA's don't become available, so you can organise travel plans.

Looks like even the cheap seats are in pretty good locations (compared to other stadiums). Someone found a seat at section 305 for $30 (OK, it's $50-odd with the exorbitant fees). It looks like nosebleeds here, but this would have been a $95 seat at the Rose Bowl, & it's only a couple of rows behind the $250 seats!

Here's an updated map for everyone participating in the General sale.
3252_183017155726_757420726_6621433_5554469_n.jpg

I've been stuggling with my own dramas. Trying to bid on the RED auctions. My credit card kept failing authorisation (even though I purchased a Rose Bowl GA with the same CC). I've spent half of the last 2 days on the phone to Ticketmaster & my bank. Gone through 2 phonecards calling from Australia!

Bank said it had nothing to do with their end, authorisation had gone through fine. Ticketmaster showed their total ineptitude. Most of the customer service reps wouldn't even believe me that TM did organised auctions, they all wanted to transfer me to Ticket Exchange (no thanks, I don't want a $1,000 U2 ticket). Finally spoke to Chuck at TM, & he was awesome. He gave me a direct line, as it had taken my 2 days to get a number for the TM Auctions! Didn't need it, he resolved my problem first go. For the auctions the CC verification is more rigorous than the normal verification (as the prices can go much higher I guess). Just had to play round with my billing address (which is a PO Box) until the system accepted it. Now it's time to spend more money on U2!

Good luck everyone in the general sale, I'll have my fingers crossed for you all!

While I understand the frustration, and go ahead and shout it out loud; don't be surprised if it goes something like this -- paraphrased.

We are sorry for the inconveneince.

U2, Principle Mgmt, LiveNation, Bono, Larry, Adam, Edge, Ali, and Paul do not control the venue's ticketing contractor, sub contractors, helpers vendors and so forth.

While many use TicketMaster, some don't, and thus do not have as robust of a system, backup, computer stuff #1, computer stuff #2, yada yada yada.

While many people experienced slow response times, many who did experience slow response time also successfully purchased tickets during the pre-sale.

If you have not used your pre-sale code, but the system said you did, we will do everything we can to investigate and fix that problem, but we can not guarantee you a ticekt to the Vegas show.

We hope you understand that this is a complex issue and worldwide demand for tickets has been off the chart.

For your inconvenience, please find attached / enclosed a $20 gift certificate to U2.com Shops.

i don't suggest writing to Principle Mngmt about UNLV and those issues at all.

i'm suggesting if you had very concerning issues w/u2.com to email PM and let them know, as a heads up. expect nothing in response, but especially if you had problems that were not resolved and you were not helped or taken care of, then it's better to let them know than to say nothing. :shrug:

if no one reports the issues, then there will always be problems. for the most part this time around U2.com fixed many of the issues we all had in the past presales which is fantastic. however, those issues would not have gotten fixed had we not all reported the problems last time around. better to let them know now that there are still some serious issues with the u2.com system/customer service, than to keep quiet and see all the same problems occur in the future.

I paid $50 for a u2.com membership on Tuesday morning (4/14) and got a U2A code. Went straight to the Phoenix presale and got 2 GA's, then straight to the Vegas presale and got 2 GA's. Couldn't have been easier. I wonder if I got the U2A code because I was a paid subscriber for Vertigo? I was expecting a U2C code.

I paid $50 for a u2.com membership on Tuesday morning (4/14) and got a U2A code. Went straight to the Phoenix presale and got 2 GA's, then straight to the Vegas presale and got 2 GA's. Couldn't have been easier. I wonder if I got the U2A code because I was a paid subscriber for Vertigo? I was expecting a U2C code.

Wow, that's odd. Hadn't heard of that happening before...

Hey D,

Sorry to be nitpicking (sp?), but there should be 1 blue dot in 109 and 3 dots in 107 :

section 109 row 17

section 107 row 19 + row 21

section 107 level U row 23

And does anybody have an idea how many rows there are in the lower level section, how many in the upper level and at which row the 300 level starts?

Hey D,

Sorry to be nitpicking (sp?), but there should be 1 blue dot in 109 and 3 dots in 107 :

section 109 row 17

section 107 row 19 + row 21

section 107 level U row 23

And does anybody have an idea how many rows there are in the lower level section, how many in the upper level and at which row the 300 level starts?

woops, yeah you're right Miringeltje, 3 of those blue dots in 109 should be in 107 (how did I do that :doh: ). I'd say upper 109 should be purple ($95 seats), the same as upper 126.

Looks like the lower section has at least 20 rows (as we've got lower section seats in row 20 for section 127), but no more than 24 rows (as we've got upper sections seats in row 25 for section 215).

The upper section continues at least to row 42, as I've got a seat in that row for 103.

I've found section 300's for rows 46-49.

So my guess (give or take a row or 2) would be Lower 1-22, Upper 23-44, 300's 45-49

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom