LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's so awesome
thanks for the pics kelly

:drool: she's playing his explorer

I want that shirt now. why sport U2 shirts when you can show off 'the Larry Mullen Band' shirt :wink:

got2k9s said:
Hi Paola!!!!!!!!

As already established, YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!

A U2 crew member (Tommy, maybe??) came out and took a picture of D. wearing her "Larry Mullen Band" shirt while we were hanging out in DC. He LOVED IT! I believe he also showed the picture to Larry, who, of course, knows of and (hearts) you girls!

So, isn't it awesome that the band loves the shirts enough to sport them, too?!?!

Paola, your "LMB" shirt idea from Elevation has now become inspiration for a part of "U2 history!"

Love ya, girl!!

JJ

the band knows a good idea when they see one ;)

Great job on the original shirts, Paola! :heart: :applaud:

Re: Re: Re: LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

Halup said:

I believe the reason for the look on The Edge's face was that while he was sitting down talking with Bono, he seemed to showing that he recognized this guitarist Courtney, because she has been up onstage with U2 on at least 2 prior occasions.

Bono had picked the band out at the tip of the ellipse saying "it pays to advertise" and when the girls got to the stage, I believe The Edge knew exactly who Courtney was and as he sat there with Bono, he was gesturing to her as he talked to Bono.

The photographer must have been right in front of me because this is the same angle I had inside the ellipse.

silly me....I forgot that you need to use a :wink: smilie around here when you're trying to make a cute comment. Thanks for setting me straight on what really happened! :up:

youtooellen said:
that's so awesome
thanks for the pics kelly

:drool: she's playing his explorer

I want that shirt now. why sport U2 shirts when you can show off 'the Larry Mullen Band' shirt :wink:

Actually, I will be auctioning off the 2005 version of the shirt starting on Nov. 7 at noon for the African Well Fund Got Water Virtual Auction. I made 10 new versions of the shirt (this time with drum kit on front and 'it's all about drums' on back) for this tour and it is the last one available. I hope you all check out the auction as there will be many U2 collectors items etc up for grabs!

Thanks to everyone for the props...the idea came to me after Bono started introducing the band as such during some of the Elevation shows. I am just glad that I got to make such good friends because of a t-shirt!!!

Miroslava, yes, Jenny S. is one of my "LMB girls".

Ciao!

Paola

kellyahern said:
from CHIPTHEORYx's flickr album
72f0985c.jpg

f70e6db9.jpg
:lol:

Awesome!!!! :rockon:

Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

U2girlInVA said:
Hi, all.

Actually, I made a shirt very similar to the one the boys wore last night back in 2001. I threw it up on stage at the June 11 Philly Elevation show and Larry saw it and draped it over his bass drum - he played the whole enore with it on the drum. I quickly went out and made more shirts - 4 to be exact and gave them to 3 wonderful friends that I made all because of that shirt. We have been wearing them to various Vertigo shows as well.
I would post an attachement with a picture of us in the shirts but I am not able.

Paola P.

Paola,

thank you for being the woman who created "The Larry Mullen Band" t-shirts back in 2001. Because of that shirt, we connected, and now we have a friendship that I truly treasure.

I always wear the LMB t-shirt you made for me with Pride! I also wish I had the picture of us in our LMB shirts handy so I could post them here to show my pride.

It just warms my little heart that U2 wore shirts that are eerily similar in LA last night at Larry's 44th birthday.

Love always,
Jenny S.

Wow,this is awsome it's like a u2 inside joke. I like how larry looks so pleased with himself in that one pic.:wink:

Jenny,

That is so sweet. I am very glad that we were all able to connect because of this shirt as well. I guess we should really thank Larry for actually putting it on his drum kit on June 11. What a great birthday THAT was!!!!

:)

pp

Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

CelticSoul said:

I also wish I had the picture of us in our LMB shirts handy so I could post them here to show my pride.

here you go ladies! You guys look awesome!

Butch Vig of Garbage poses with the LMB girls after a gig in Philly, April 2002.

larrygirls-butch-cropped.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

luvresqme said:

Butch Vig of Garbage poses with the LMB girls after a gig in Philly, April 2002.

Ahhh the good old days...Thanks for posting G!

pp

wow this is cool
I do not know th eexact story (other than what was written in this thread)

so.. THere is a real Larry Mullen Band? ANd they played with U2 (as I can see in th epics) - and they used to be atribute band, but not anymore.
Paola.. are you in the band? or did you create them for them?

Thi sis wheer I kinda lost it. Anyways.. those pics rock!
Are they famous, how do the boys know them?

Re: Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

luvresqme said:

Thanks G for posting the pic!

Luv you Lots!
Jenny S.

susanp6 said:
Who are the girls on stage with them? :confused:

The girls on stage with the band are the members of Exit - an all girl U2 tribute band from LA.

The LMB girls are just fans with good iron on skills :wink:

paola p

bono's 2nd bracelet

YellowKite said:

Might it have something to do with RED - linked to a hunger charity? If you check out the lunchbox Bono has on eBay they talk about it there briefly.

when i saw a concert he had the white on and one with the colors of the irish flag........

got2k9s said:
You LMB girls look mahhhhhvelous, dahling. Simply mahvelous!

The Larry Mullen Band goddesses!

"Original of the Species" for sure! :yes:

Thanks for the very kind words J. Jam!

Love,
Jenny S.

I can't wait for pics to come in..Last night ROCKED and Im sure tonight will also..I took awesome pics ((I hope)) and with tonights and Vegas I will post them all soon!!!.....

Bono sounded amazing during Miss Sarajevo and I freaked for the Larry Mullen Band...

Oh and the Exit girls were given LMB T-shirts bu the crew ((or band)) I was too dizzy from screaming!!

GET OUTTA HERE! Exit actually got LMB shirts? OMG I hope they wear them in Vegas! That is too cool! I am sooooooo freaking glad they got up on stage. I can't wait to hear it all FIRSTHAND from them! I am telling people to check their website...they have some MP3s of some of their new stuff, it's really good you guys....Exit-band.com

:up: Captive, Affa, Pam and Trevi :applaud:

Hi Jenny!

It was great seeing you again in Pittsburgh if only for a couple minutes! :love:

And congrats to all of you for your influence on last nights events! :hyper:

Re: Re: LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

Leetah said:

he lookes just like JT era here!:drool:

OH MY! You are so right!! 44 but still looks like he is in his 20s.... sigh

Carek1230 said:
GET OUTTA HERE! Exit actually got LMB shirts? OMG I hope they wear them in Vegas! That is too cool! I am sooooooo freaking glad they got up on stage. I can't wait to hear it all FIRSTHAND from them! I am telling people to check their website...they have some MP3s of some of their new stuff, it's really good you guys....Exit-band.com

:up: Captive, Affa, Pam and Trevi :applaud:

that's awesome that they got tees! I love hearing stories about fans & the band. Can't imagine what its like to be on stage with them! Good stuff! :applaud: :dancing:

larry mullen band

thanks to paola for being the designer of the now famous larry mullen band tee shirt. thanks to jenny and paola for your stories today! i will represent us in vegas!

deena

larry mullen band

thanks to paola for designing the original larry mullen band shirt!
thanks to jenny and paola for sharing our stories today!
i'll represent us in vegas - cross your fingers i get a ga!
(i originally posted this in the wrong section)

Re: larry mullen band

memphismullen said:
thanks to paola for being the designer of the now famous larry mullen band tee shirt. thanks to jenny and paola for your stories today! i will represent us in vegas!

deena

You are welcome my wonderful Memphis Mullen! Have fun in Vegas this weekend and say Hello to Elvis for me. Wear the Larry Mullen Band t-shirt and make The King proud!

Love,
Jenny S.

Re: larry mullen band

memphismullen said:
thanks to paola for designing the original larry mullen band shirt!
thanks to jenny and paola for sharing our stories today!
i'll represent us in vegas - cross your fingers i get a ga!
(i originally posted this in the wrong section)

You are welcome my wonderful Memphis Mullen! Have fun in Vegas this weekend and say Hello to Elvis for me. Wear The Larry Mullen Band t-shirt and make The King proud!

Love,
Jenny S.

Back
Top Bottom