LA #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's quite ballsy in a way. On paper it's an lopsided trade but I'm sure most reading this would pick 40.

yep. though when you think about it, 40 technically has the better crowd reaction. better to walk offstage to the whole crowd singing it, yeah?

good show tonight. probably second best of the tour after Phoenix 1. had Bad found a way in there it would've been the best.

just got out.

GOD DAMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!!

AMAZING SETLIST

And it is so cool from the stands, god damn. I am pumped!

Fixed

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If U2 don't play an incredibly passionate version of One + Do You Hear Us Coming at their final show, I would be disappointed. That song means a lot to them, it just doesn't sound like it anymore. That's why it needs a long break.

This show was off the charts!

I was at the show last night (Sat) but could only watch the live stream tonight courtesy of Thor. First, I just can't say enough good things about how amazing this guy was for streaming the entire show tonight, especially this show - THANK YOU KIND SIR, GRATITUDE IS BEYOND WORDS!!.

The tweaks to this set list tonight were basically perfect in my view. Saturday's show to me was realistically a bit flat (gasp, I truly hate to say that and note I was up in section 231 so I'm sure that was part of it), but I felt a lot of it was just not working and it felt like the show could never really get off the ground. Watching tonight it seemed very different. It felt like everything was working, especially from the 2nd set on and it really flowed well. Getting AIWIY and then ending with 40...I don't think it can get much better, certainly not for me - I'd have to say tonight's show was an epic!

Alli Want Is You was fucking brilliant!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

Alli Want Is You was fucking brilliant!!

Yes it was. That and Love Town were the show highlights for me. Sang my heart out on those two.

So yeah, everything worked much better tonight. I missed being up front but at the same time there is merit to taking everything in from a distance and really focusing in on the songs. The setlist changes were just enough to keep things exciting from one night to the next and man, All I Want is You, Love Town, and 40... Tough to complain about that.

Only if 11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK was added then this would be the best setlist of this tour without any question.

Just got home from the show, having a piece of pizza to wind down before I call it a night.

Much better crowd then the first night. I'd call the set a bit better than the 1st LA show. Performance-wise, the band was a bit more "on' the first show than tonight - there were a few glaring flubs during the 2nd half of the show that was a bit distracting. Bono sounded great. I pretty much moved wherever I wanted on the floor. Spent the 1st set on The Edge's side, moved to the E Stage 'til Bullet, moved to Adam's side for the next few songs and moved back over near my original spot for AIWIY and the rest of the show.

I shot some great video of about 1/3rd of the show although I dealt with some wonky autofocus issues the first song, the only crucial song I really fucked up on was AIWIY which was when I was getting a good spot and had my camera back in my bag - there was almost no warning they were going to play it, Bono says something about "not playing this song in a long time" and Edge and the band kind of stumbles into the beginning with no slow buildup like the song usually gets. The song really didn't take off until the last 3rd when Bono went off to the E Stage and through sheer force of will, pulled the audience further into the song. Seeing the printed setlist, I am so glad they didn't encore with "One" again tonight (I saw it and TEC at LA#1) and slotted in a quick, but effective "40." The girl Bono pulled onstage to dance with him during Mysterious ways and film the Lovetown pair of songs was great. Before Angel of Harlem, I thought Edge was going to start 11 O'Clock Tick Tock as it seemed like he had the sound for that song dialed in and kind of played the opening riff.

A couple notes, earplugs were a life saver and a lot of people seem to know the show routine now and start beating it to the exits in droves as soon as Streets finishes. I'll start posting my clips during the day tomorrow on YouTube.

Makes me really happy to see them play 40 again. Might show they realise what a brilliant closer it is and keep it for the remainder of the tour!

At the start of the tour Invisible seemed a bit flat to me, but over the past few shows I've been enjoying the performances of it more.

Invisible seems to be flat to the audience, though. Being in a seat tonight and being able to see the whole crowd, it had easily the worst response. People there knew "Raised By Wolves" ffs, but Invisible got nothing.
the somebodies!
THE NOBODIES!

Anyone else feel like Hands is a huge killer after Bullet? We need something FIERCE after that amazing ride from Edge. :lol:

I adore it. It's so fucking raggedly emotional going into Pride.
what was up with him going "ALLIWANTISYOU" like he was angry

I have no idea but it was so strange, and it RTFO and I loved it.
7/10 on that transition.

I thought it worked nicely, the way he shifted on the one word. There was a little bit of musical error, but mostly, I definitely score it higher.
Now Bono...you give us our first "Shine like Stars" and this place will MELT.....

DO IT

God, I thought it was going to happen. I stupidly let myself believe, but...

there's that fraction of a second where i think he's going to do it

and then he pulls the football away

This. It's like Bono's punching us in the gut every night.
Wow, I'm pretty stoked they've replaced One with 40.

I honestly think they've realized that One just isn't working where they have it, but they don't know where to shift it to yet. I don't doubt for a moment they want to play it, but it just doesn't work where it is. I suspect they'll finish out LA and then use Denver as a bit of an experiment before the other long residencies.
Was Chris Martin there again? Geez, wonder if he's worked his way up to line nazi status.

Bono saw a few t-shirts in the crowd he really liked, one was Joy Division and the other was Coldplay, and I think that was the catalyst for the snippet. I am so glad I didn't get my hopes up for LWTUA during WOWY as a result :lol:
kind of amazed they aren't playing Kimmel over the next two nights.

He made several references to Kimmel during AOH, so I wonder if they might not jump over there after all...

Best show I have ever seen!! AIWY was the highlight although I also loved Uteotw . The first songs were so so but then it got phenomenal. The crowd was great in the second half!! And to close with 40 is :heart: if only they had played BAD my life would have been complete!!
I think they should stop playing WOWY , although it is a crowd pleaser bonos voice does not sound good. SBS was excellent and the screen images made in very powerful. I love EBTTRT and the bank played the hell out of that.
I really could have done without vertigo, there was distortion and it was meh. Bono seemed kind of off during the first 20 minutes but then it was fantastic.

i follow the stones over at iorr and you are absolutely right. back when the 50 and counting tour started in 2012, they were playing 2 (wow!) new songs (both weren't very good) and 23 total.

now they are stretching 19 songs over 2+ hours. keith still gets 2 songs and they do the introductions which take forever.

I am a browser of iorr, but have never posted there. While it's not as good as u2gigs, it is the best Stones concert database around. I was pissed because the previous show in San Diego had "moonlight mile" and "can't you hear me knocking", which are both in my top 5 favorite Stones songs. Oh well, such is life.

When I see U2 in Chicago I'll probably see the one show they don't play electric co, out of control or 11:00 tick tock/ocean. I'll probably get the b-stage tour debut of IALW instead! Haha, you know it's coming.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fantastic gig last night. Had a killer spot one off from the rail on the b stage next to the kid who got pulled up during Angel of Harlem. BTW, that kid was also pulled up in Montreal, and was super adorable. I also got to touch Bono's sunglasses when we got him back into the crowd. :drool:

The crowd was the best LA U2 crowd I've ever seen and I think the band really fed off that energy. Love all the Rattle and Hum songs, but most especially AIWIY. After they didn't play it on the B stage I really thought it wasn't going to get played, so when it was after Beautiful Day I nearly fainted.

As for the Kimmel reference, it looks like they filmed a bit of this performance for Kimmel this week. I was really hoping for a proper Kimmel show dammit.

Best show I have ever seen!! AIWY was the highlight although I also loved Uteotw . The first songs were so so but then it got phenomenal. The crowd was great in the second half!! And to close with 40 is :heart: if only they had played BAD my life would have been complete!!
I think they should stop playing WOWY , although it is a crowd pleaser bonos voice does not sound good. SBS was excellent and the screen images made in very powerful. I love EBTTRT and the bank played the hell out of that.
I really could have done without vertigo, there was distortion and it was meh. Bono seemed kind of off during the first 20 minutes but then it was fantastic.

I completely disagree on WOWY...he has changed the vocal a bit in a way that actually works....and it sounds inspired and has an epicness to it now. I haven't cared for it much on past tours.

Fantastic gig last night. Had a killer spot one off from the rail on the b stage next to the kid who got pulled up during Angel of Harlem. BTW, that kid was also pulled up in Montreal, and was super adorable. I also got to touch Bono's sunglasses when we got him back into the crowd. :drool:

The crowd was the best LA U2 crowd I've ever seen and I think the band really fed off that energy. Love all the Rattle and Hum songs, but most especially AIWIY. After they didn't play it on the B stage I really thought it wasn't going to get played, so when it was after Beautiful Day I nearly fainted.

As for the Kimmel reference, it looks like they filmed a bit of this performance for Kimmel this week. I was really hoping for a proper Kimmel show dammit.

The kid did end up with the glasses, right? I couldn't tell, but Bono seemed so momentarily depressed about the whole thing, like he dropped them :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom