Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

turns out it's all about freight shit :mad:

and i didn't know that! i know exactly where our amtrak station is too :drool: there's a police station in the amtrak station, coincidentally, but it doesn't make parking your car there any safer! turns out, people will leave their cars there when they take the train, and come back to find them stolen, broke into, etc. and they parked next to a police car :|

Because ordinary people totally have shitloads of bulk freight to send by rail!

Yeah, the only Amtrak service through TN is the one that runs down the very western side of the state through Memphis. Nashville has recently started up one commuter line to its eastern suburbs, but otherwise, there are no regular passenger services in the state. I found that unbelieveable when I visited.

And WTF? Epic phail by the police!

Axver said:
Because ordinary people totally have shitloads of bulk freight to send by rail!

Yeah, the only Amtrak service through TN is the one that runs down the very western side of the state through Memphis. Nashville has recently started up one commuter line to its eastern suburbs, but otherwise, there are no regular passenger services in the state. I found that unbelieveable when I visited.

And WTF? Epic phail by the police!
lol, i know! luckily i know freight companies because i see them all the time. so i actually knew all the companies they asked me about. but still...it was kind of odd! the only experience i really have with freight trains is them making people late for class at my college (there's a train track that runs in between a parking lot and the school, and a train comes by like clockwork right before one class, so people would be late for my english class all the time, which was right by these tracks).

and also the tracks by my old middle school, which ALSO ran like clockwork ~15 mins before my school started. so i was late too a few times.

there's a train track that is near my house which is no longer in service, it's been paved over and was suggested to be used as a walking trail but people got all up in arms about it because it's "historic." wtf! it's a TRAIN TRACK. there's no trains there! just tracks.

another one i know of, the same one that runs to the college i go to...it runs parallel to one of the busiest streets in memphis, and so when a train comes by, it makes all the lights on this street green :love: but no one from the cross streets can go anywhere :giggle: but at one part they got it right, it goes up above the street. why they couldn't do this the whole way, i don't know.

oh, and i just remembered, we have an old train station in my town. like...not memphis, but the suburb in which i live. i can't remember if there's a train there too, but there's an old timey station still, even though it's long since closed.

anyway...that is lame. i can't believe memphis of all cities, still has amtrak service while no one else in tennessee does. i guess since we're kind of a gateway to the mississippi, maybe that's why :shrug:

tell me about it! i could list many more ways in which the police seems to be run by phail collins, but i won't :rant:

OK, I better rush off to university. I swear, if anybody gets in my way today, they will fucking die. I am feeling especially murderous towards the twit next door, should she show her face ...

Also, have a good one, folks! :laugh:

:wave:

I'm just waiting for this to turn into Springsteen lyrics being used as innuendo.

It's not hard

She's a hot stepping hemi with a four on the floor
She's a roadrunner engine in a '32 Ford
Late at night when I'm dead on the line
I swear I think of your pretty face when I let her unwind
Well look over yonder see them city lights
Come on little dolly 'n' go ramroddin' tonight

Everything that guy sings about is tinged with sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom