Just thinking now (service charges)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fluffy123

The Fly
I've just thought on about this, and I havent read the tour FAQ recently, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

BUT,

Didnt the FAQ say they'd worked out a special rate for the service charges so we'd be paying LESS than normal? The idea just hit me as I'm reading through all the unhappiness about the service charges.

Am I right?

yeah thought so. standard charge in europe.

In an unprecedented arrangement, U2.Com has secured for U2.Com Subscribers a significant reduction on the standard Ticketmaster.com convenience charge, which is levied on all ticket sales in North America - however this is limited to 10% of the capacity in each venue and this reduced levy will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
In Europe standard charges will apply where applicable

for the special americans only!!!!

whats so fing special about americans!!!!

cause we know how to complain better. ticketmaster gets a beating here in the US. You should start complaining to journalists - you'll get the reduced rate on the comeback tour when Bono and Co. need the money for a new set of teeth.

I don't know why they don't just send you an e-mail asking which concert you want to go to, and then send you back a pre-order code for that specific concert. Have the presale site 'open' for anyone to view, but in the booking page the presale number is needed for that particular concert.

You could even stage the pre-sale at different times for concerts in the same time-zone.
i.e.

London opens at 10.00
Cardiff opens at 12.00
Manchester opens at 14.00
Glasgow opens at 16.00

It could all be automated, it would be pretty easy to script. And a staged rollout would eliminate any server lag or overload.

Back
Top Bottom