June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be buying return airfare from Seattle when southwest tickets go on sale next week.

Not yet. I'm sure we'll think of something! :)

I know for the original show, the Zoo Station tribute band was going to play the night before the concert (thankfully, they still made the trip up!). If they're going to make the return trip this summer, it would be a fun meetup.

Although the pub they've played at for both their previous Seattle gigs is woefully tiny.

Not yet. I'm sure we'll think of something! :)

I know for the original show, the Zoo Station tribute band was going to play the night before the concert (thankfully, they still made the trip up!). If they're going to make the return trip this summer, it would be a fun meetup.

Although the pub they've played at for both their previous Seattle gigs is woefully tiny.

they will, unofficially, play the night before again. It'll be my birthday party :)

My helpful tip: if we do a meetup for it, we should all get there hella early so we have a handful of tables to take over for the night.

I got there about 6:30 last time to have something to eat, and the tables were pretty much already taken. They don't go on until 10 or so.

There are a few people I would love to meet - I have done a few meet-ups - some people I would love to forget meeting - another thread topic unfortunately - and others I loved meeting!

BTW it's my DH's birthday as well - I ended up buying RZ for him - I benefit too! I hope they don't mix it and make RZ1 Adam's side - nothing against Adam - but I want to be on Edge's side!

the ariel shots during the game saturday were very nice :up:

can't wait until june

It's going to be a struggle to make it through the second ZS show. And yet I must!

How does that work, anyway? Do they have to leave the actual show early to go to set up? That would suck. Or is it just a shorter-than-usual set?

Zoo Station will play both on the 3rd and on the 4th, after the U2 concert.

Where will they be playing?:hyper: Hopefully, at a venue not too far from the stadium.

I don't think I can make it to the second show, because I'm flying straight to Oakland on the 5th. So I may have to shell out the extra $, fly into Seattle on the 3rd, and stay an additional night at a hotel.:hmm:

It's about time you signed in!

I know, I know. Well, there hasn't been a lot going on in this thread and well, the Montreal thread kind of scares me.

Still need to get my plane ticket. Just need to figure out how many days I want to spend in Seattle. I think this will be a fun show.

So, they are playing at the Owl and Thistle? I think I'll try to fly in Thursday night so, I can get enough rest to dance all night. Since we'll likely not get a table, unless we get there at like 4:00.

Flying in on June 2 and leaving on the 5th. There are tour plans, but I have not reviewed them since last May.:wink:

Oh, ok. I think I'm going to try to fly in on the 2nd as well. Still got my fingers crossed the fare will drop a bit. I'm sure somewhere you have a detailed tour of Seattle. My tour guide in Seattle only ever shows me the best happy hour places so, I haven't really seen a lot of the city.

Oh, ok. I think I'm going to try to fly in on the 2nd as well. Still got my fingers crossed the fare will drop a bit. I'm sure somewhere you have a detailed tour of Seattle. My tour guide in Seattle only ever shows me the best happy hour places so, I haven't really seen a lot of the city.

haha. I was able to get a good fare TO Seattle on Southwestseveral months ago, but I'm still waiting for a similar price to get back home after that.

I have to fly United. Because, well it's really the only option we have here in the middle of nowhere. Right now it's $290 rt but, I do have a $200 voucher left from the broken plane I flew to Montreal. But, being the cheap person I am I'd love to only have to pay $50 for my flight.

Mental note to self, don't skim things when you're extremely over-tired. I was so confused, because I skimmed and was reading talk of another show and got paranoid, thinking about possibly getting tickets to a second night. It didn't clue in that you weren't talking about U2 until I re-read it. :laugh: :reject:

I'm looking forward to the weekend! I'll definitely be coming to see Zoo Station, but I'm only going to be able to handle just one show. I would be shocked if I had the energy to go to another show after the concert, seeing as it will be my first time doing GA, and I'll likely be exhausted afterward. I'm an old lady who likes her sleep, and I'm getting tired just thinking about all of this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom