June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I soundboarded it at the third La Plata show. The only problem is that people on the pitch will randomly walk by in front of you throughout the show. And then you'll get some tall person just walk up and stand in front of you.:angry:

Yes, but there's usually so much room back there that you can just move a foot or two in any direction, or go in front of them! ;)

Question-- Where does the GA line start up at Qwest Fields?? And for Seattle when does it usually start up? In BC, I got there at 4am and was 144 in line... and got front and center... Any suggestions?

No idea on any of it. I figure I'll show up Saturday morning and wherever the line is, that's where I'll be. I'm assuming some industrious person will get there the night before or the middle of the night to start a line.

I'm still not sure what we are doing for GA.

Is no one going to sit in line with me all day? If everyone I want to hang with is showing up late, then I'll probably cave and do that, too.

But I'm going to try and convince people to be in line. :shifty:

There's no way it will be anything like the Rose Bowl. We're all pretty laid back here in Seattle.

I am familiar with GA Joe in name only (and have never heard him called "GA Joe," which is AWESOME). But good to know someone will be taking charge.

Because it sure wasn't going to be me. :wink:

*claps hands together in glee*

Does that mean you'll think about doing the line with me??????????

*insert puppy dog eyes here*

:) :) :) :) :)

Let me know what kinds of things you were thinking of buying - I'm sure I can bring whatever kind of random stuff I have. I have one portable chair and a couple of blankets, but I'm sure I can find stuff to borrow from friends.

I'll point my friends HJ/Witsa over in this direction Cori - you'll meet them Friday night for a bit at the Owl, but they are doing early GA and staying at the Silver Cloud - great gals ;)

*claps hands together in glee*

Does that mean you'll think about doing the line with me??????????

*insert puppy dog eyes here*

How could we resist those puppy dog eyes?

Edgefest is right, you can come hang with us FOR SURE!
Witsa and I are staying across the street so we'll be dragging our butts out of bed and crossing the street at like 5:30 a.m. to get in line for GA.
I think I promised Witsa we'd go Adamside GA for this one cause we are doing Edgeside here in Edgemonton.
Can't wait to meet you at the fan gathering too!
But, yeah, you will be our partner in crime!!

Sweet. :)

Not sure what time I'll be planning on joining. 5:30 might be pushing it. But good to know there'll be lots of good people in line early to chat with, even if we're not all in the same place in line. :up:

Discussions will need to be had about what time my newly-found crew will be lining up, and where we're aiming for once inside.

OH GOD THE STRESS. :panic:

I overthink everything.

But yeah, very excited to meet so many new folks at the gathering and/or in line!

Oh, are you at that hotel, too? Cool, that's so convenient!

All right, then. Six it is. It's going to be hard to tear myself away from the Zoo Station shindig the night before so I can at least get some semblance of sleep. :lol:

I'm assuming Romi and his wife will be smack at the beginning of the line, or he'll join the line at 1 in the morning or something. Isn't he super hardcore? Or was that just in Chicago where he was in the hidden line the day before? :wink:

We have GA, but we're going to be princess bitches and show up later afternoon and just take it as it comes.

I've got enough icky GA all-dayers this summer and this one we want to be casual. (My husband, who does NOT need a good view of Edge's chest hair like I do, is not one for lining up early. But this is the only GA show he's coming to with me, so I win otherwise)

:applaud:

:lol: @ princess bitches

Awesome. That's how I rolled at all my other GA shows. It's time for me to finally experience the full GA ... uh ... experience. Once will probably be enough.

I got a deal on seats for my 9 year old daughter and I, so I have my single GA ticket if anyone wants it. I'm kind of torn because I love doing GA, but I think that would be a lot for my daughter to deal with. Anyway, leave me a message here or PM me if you want a GA, hard ticket, original date, gratis if you've been around here for a while. :heart:

I would love it for my best friend!

He's driving up from Oregon to spend my birthday with me in Seattle. And he doesn't even have a ticket yet :)

I would love it for my best friend!

He's driving up from Oregon to spend my birthday with me in Seattle. And he doesn't even have a ticket yet :)

ok, wait. It's your birthday? And your bff is driving up from oregon to spend it with you, and you already have a GA but he does not? But he wants to go to the show?

sorry, trying to make sure I got it straight. It matters to me, I want someone to be REALLY HAPPY they are going to see U2 on me. :love:

ok, wait. It's your birthday? And your bff is driving up from oregon to spend it with you, and you already have a GA but he does not? But he wants to go to the show?

sorry, trying to make sure I got it straight. It matters to me, I want someone to be REALLY HAPPY they are going to see U2 on me. :love:

It is my birthday, and the party will be with Zoo Station the night before at the Owl and Thistle:hyper: I'll add you to the facebook event if you'd like :wink:

Well, we're guys, so I'm not sure bff is the right term ;) Best friend is about right. lol. My wife and I have tickets, and he is looking. (I only found out he'd be able to make it a few weeks ago)

And you could see how happy he is when you meet him :applaud:

It is my birthday, and the party will be with Zoo Station the night before at the Owl and Thistle:hyper: I'll add you to the facebook event if you'd like :wink:

Well, we're guys, so I'm not sure bff is the right term ;) Best friend is about right. lol. My wife and I have tickets, and he is looking. (I only found out he'd be able to make it a few weeks ago)

And you could see how happy he is when you meet him :applaud:

this is AWESOME AND PERFECT. This makes me very, very happy.

oh, I said bff because bf looks like boyfriend, and evidently I'm too lazy to type the words best friend, lol.

I live in the Olympia area, so we're taking the bus up to Seattle on the day of the show, so I won't be at the Zoo Station thingy. Plus, I'm bringing my 9 year old. Naming her after a U2 song seems to have done the trick, because out of all my kids she's the only one who loves the band. :love:

Anyway. We will figure out a place and time to meet, and hand over the ticket! My gmail is mollytucker04. And yes, add me to the facebook event, just in case!

We are driving up as soon as Adele is over in Portland, going straight to Qwest Fields, so I imagine about 2 or 3 am??? in BC, the first guy there was writing numbers on everyones hands... so if they are doing the numbering thing.. we were going to get numbers then go check into our hotel then come back later in the the morning... I totally would wait all day, I had a blast in BC waiting, met many fine folks...

I was just telling someone on Facebook - I have to say, I'll be surprised if there is much of a line the night before. I'm sure there'll be a couple of hardcore people, but Seattle doesn't seem to be quite the hardcore "destination" show where the GA line starts crazy early.

I could be totally wrong, though. If they're doling out numbers Friday evening, I'll get one, assuming I don't have to spend the night in the line. If there's a "requirement" that you have to be there for even part of the night in the line, I'll probably just take my chances in the morning.

Ugh. Frickin' GA. It stresses me out, not knowing exactly what will happen. I'm too much of a planner/control freak for this. :lol:

Corianderstem... that is funny.... I think you were the one that told me the GA line rules a couple years ago.. lol
in BC a lot stayed, some got numbers and came back... I plan on staying if I have too... ya, I am one of those hardcore people... the guy who was first in BC, said it was his responsibility to make sure people got numbers??? who knows.. All I know, is I will be in the inner circle to see Lenny... and U2 of course lol...

Was I? Ha. I hope I gave you good information. :lol:

I know I'm overthinking this stuff. I need to be more zen about it.

Fo sho'!

Yeah, Vancouver was cold and wet! I met up with friends and we joined the line about 5:30, and that was more than enough of standing around in the cold drizzle. Yuck.

That night in Vancouver was absolutely miserable. I had seats, so I didn't have to wait in line too long to get into the stadium, but that rain and the huge puddles of water weren't very pleasant to stand around in. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom