June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with a student presale, but it would have been nice if they made them somewhat scalp-proof by requiring day-of-show willcall with the UM student ID. :shrug:
There should have been some GA available for students, too.

I have no problem with a student presale, but it would have been nice if they made them somewhat scalp-proof by requiring day-of-show willcall with the UM student ID. :shrug:
There should have been some GA available for students, too.

But how is the student presale any different from if there had been an American Express preale, for example, or for that matter, the U2.com presale? None of those require picking them up at will call and showing ID. You have a presale password, and that's it. The student ID number was part of the password to buy tickets; as far as I'm concerned, that's they're only requirement to make them purchasable. I mean, I hate scalping as much as the next person, but it is legal now in Minnesota, so there's not much to be done. I don't think that treating the student presale tickets like that's the main problem in scalping and having the students be forced to go to will call the day of is going to help with that.

But how is the student presale any different from if there had been an American Express preale, for example, or for that matter, the U2.com presale? None of those require picking them up at will call and showing ID. You have a presale password, and that's it. The student ID number was part of the password to buy tickets; as far as I'm concerned, that's they're only requirement to make them purchasable. I mean, I hate scalping as much as the next person, but it is legal now in Minnesota, so there's not much to be done. I don't think that treating the student presale tickets like that's the main problem in scalping and having the students be forced to go to will call the day of is going to help with that.

I'm just focusing on students. We all know that presales are not created equal or fair. TM is a joke, and they only care about the fees they get per ticket.
I think a U2 show benefits from students attending, so why not make certain that the students' tickets ARE student tickets. It might have been nice if the U of M made arrangements and let students know that there would be 10,000 tickets available in the Spring for purchase for the show--Then, more students could plan to make the show, students would not have TM holding their money for 8 months and it would have separated students from the general presale mess.
I'm on your side. I think the U of M and TM threw students a bone in the lying mess that are TM presales, and surprise, people are upset.

Anyway, good luck to all at 10am CST.

Huh, I was refreshing and couldn't get in until 10 CST. And I pulled up 6 cheapos, but got greedy and tried again because they were behind the stage.

Still waiting. ....

D'OH.

I got nada via phone or online. Wow, I can't believe I got greedy and fucked that up.

I'll keep trying. I've heard of people being able to get tickets beyond the original opening rush.

I mean, I have my GA through the pre-sale, I just really want to be able to take my family so they can see what the hell I'm always going on about. :lol:

I got on at 10, not earlier, and pulled up 4 GA's - in ONE FRACKIN minute!!! What a great way to start the day! Three out of four of my sons live in MN - the U of M student son has 2 nosebleeds from the student presale- and it's a family tradition to see U2 together, so this will be lovely!!!

It seemed that all GA's were gone within 5 minutes and there were not 2 tickets together at any price by 10:06.

The recorded voice on the phone is saying there are only single seats available. I was able to pull up a $250 seat when I just selected one online.

Guess I'll just wait for ticket drops.

God, I'm such an idiot! :doh:

I just pulled up a single seat in the outdoor club at the top of the stadium but I think it would be considered a sell out within 10 minutes... So much for no demand here...Really wonder if they would add another show....

I'll start crossing my own fingers for a second show. :)

I'm going to just conveniently leave out the information about me screwing it up, and just tell my family I wasn't able to get tickets. I mean, that IS true.

Jeez, I'm going to be beating myself up for this for days. :(

I'll start crossing my own fingers for a second show. :)

I'm going to just conveniently leave out the information about me screwing it up, and just tell my family I wasn't able to get tickets. I mean, that IS true.

Jeez, I'm going to be beating myself up for this for days. :(

:hug: I have done the same thing in the past, it will all work out, maybe by a ticket drop... I was trying for DD's boyfriend, I am not too upset that he will not be going....:sexywink:

:lol:

Maybe it's a sign - maybe now they'll add a Wisconsin show, which would be even better for my family!

.... could happen, right? :shifty: Okay, maybe not.

This article just posted on the StarTrib website:

U2 tickets disappear in a flash

People hoping to score tickets for U2's concert at the TCF Bank Stadium next summer most likely still haven't found what they're looking for.

Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. today, and within minutes only single seats were available at the websites of the merged ticket brokers Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

Most often, $250 tickets were available, which will essentially put concertgoers inside the band's 360° Tour's mothership. Harder to come by were tickets costing $95, $55 and $30, plus fees.

Additional tickets were set aside by the University of Minnesota in pre-sale bundles for students and season ticketholders to all Gophers teams.

The new stadium holds about 50,000 people for football games, and thousands more will be housed on the field for the June 27 concert.

U2 kicked off the first leg of its 360° Tour in June and played in 44 cities, breaking attendance records along the way at the Rose Bowl and Giants Stadium.

When it resumes next year, it will play in 30 North American and European cities. A dozen of those concerts already are sold out, according to Live Nation.

I wonder if they'll leave the student tickets reserved for students indefinitely. If they don't sell out, I wonder if they'll make them available to the public?

I'm not giving up. This is not over, Minneapolis! *shakes fist at sky*

I wonder if they'll leave the student tickets reserved for students indefinitely. If they don't sell out, I wonder if they'll make them available to the public?

I'm not giving up. This is not over, Minneapolis! *shakes fist at sky*

I would think they'd release them to the public. Doesn't make much sense to keep tickets reserved, if they really want to fill the stadium. I have no idea about how many of those student tickets were sold though...I'll keep an eye out in our student paper and such for a number or if they have sold out.

I would think they'd release them to the public. Doesn't make much sense to keep tickets reserved, if they really want to fill the stadium. I have no idea about how many of those student tickets were sold though...I'll keep an eye out in our student paper and such for a number or if they have sold out.

:up: Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled!

Montreal just got a 2nd show, and Mpls sold out way faster! (smaller stadium I know) Still....add a 2nd show here!

I was wondering that as well. How do they decide to add a second show? Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Wow...is this the quickest sellout on the tour??? :ohmy: I will keep my eyes open for ticket drops. I know a bunch of Thunder Bay people who were trying and could not get tickets!!! A second show would be awesome though....a quick sellout like this would be a great selling point!!!

My four tickets say "Field G14 Seats 342-345." Where the heck are these? I was hoping they were GA but I am totally confused.

But I am glad just to have tickets! We are taking our two kids and it will be their first concert! I saw U2 in '87 and 23 years later, I am taking my kids. Unreal.

Those are GA, don't worry about the other numbers they don't mean anything, just there for accounting purposes.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was curious. Has Ticketmaster printed the tickets yet? I haven't received the email that says the tickets have been printed but they've taken the money out of my account. When do they typically get printed and sent out?

Thanks! Honestly, I bought these using my Blackberry while I was coaching my son's soccer game. The planets aligned and I lucked out. Not really good form to be noodling around on your Blackberry while coaching, but I made an exception this time. June seems like a looooooong ways away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom