June 27, 2010 TCF Stadium, Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked at the Normandy...it is the only hotel I am familiar with there....are there other hotels closer to the stadium?

What code status does everyone have?

I'm nervous that my BOOTS won't have many GAs.

I am doing the ticketmaster bundle if they offer it....I just subscribed through ticketmaster to get Toronto GA's but you don't get any other codes with it.....I am getting worried...:huh:

It was one of the few times I actually was distracted by those damn billboards.--No time for a photo.

I've been lucky enough to visit Minneapolis twice and what i noticed both times were people starting to signal far ahead of their exit and lining up to get off the highway. I think the person i was visiting told me it was called 'minnesota nice' maybe?

plenty of time to get photo ops!:D

Found this at WCCO.com:

Concert producer Live Nation announced Monday that the Irish rockers will perform the Gopher football stadium's inaugural large-scale rock concert on June 27, 2010. Tickets go on sale Saturday through Ticketmaster and range in price from $32 to $250.

University athletics director Joel Maturi says 10,000 tickets to the concert will be available for pre-sale to University of Minnesota students. Those tickets are available at noon Tuesday. Students are limited to buying two tickets each.

The "360" tour has U2 performing in the center of stadiums. It's one of the top-grossing tours in the country.

Found this at WCCO.com:

Concert producer Live Nation announced Monday that the Irish rockers will perform the Gopher football stadium's inaugural large-scale rock concert on June 27, 2010. Tickets go on sale Saturday through Ticketmaster and range in price from $32 to $250.

University athletics director Joel Maturi says 10,000 tickets to the concert will be available for pre-sale to University of Minnesota students. Those tickets are available at noon Tuesday. Students are limited to buying two tickets each.

The "360" tour has U2 performing in the center of stadiums. It's one of the top-grossing tours in the country.

10,000:shocked:

that's like 20% of the total tickets

Found this at WCCO.com:

10 000....WTF....that is 1/5 of the total ticket amount. General sale will be a nightmare!!!!!!:madwife:

I bet a lot of those tickets will end up on Stubhub....they can buy 2 tickets each....what a joke!

True but even if it's 2000 GA's that's 2000 less GA's available to paid up U2.com subscribers.

Wow....now I'm depressed...I have never done GA and thought this would have been the perfect chance....I do have GA's for Toronto in case this does not work out...but Minni would be so much better.:sad:

True but even if it's 2000 GA's that's 2000 less GA's available to paid up U2.com subscribers.

Yeah true :crack:

Wow....now I'm depressed...I have never done GA and thought this would have been the perfect chance....I do have GA's for Toronto in case this does not work out...but Minni would be so much better.:sad:

Yeah this totally sucks. Ppl pay good money for the presale codes and this isn't fair. I'm just gonna try my best to get a GA tomorrow.

Wow, what is with the non-stop whining about presales in this thread? Just about every venue on the 2010 leg of the tour has had presales so far. What makes Minneapolis any different?

Wow, what is with the non-stop whining about presales in this thread? Just about every venue on the 2010 leg of the tour has had presales so far. What makes Minneapolis any different?

The 10000 tickets going to the students!!

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is either. Some venues have even had multiple presales (in addition to the u2.com one).

Found this at WCCO.com:

See this release loses all credibility with me when they start writing misinformation, i.e. "The "360" tour has U2 performing in the center of stadiums".

Last edited:
I guess the big deal is that this time we see the actual number of tickets that are going to the students. With it being a smaller venue, 1/5 of the tickets going to students seems a bit high. To those like me who do not have a early presale code....it is a bit scary. I guess we are just venting...sorry!

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is either. Some venues have even had multiple presales (in addition to the u2.com one).

See this release loses all credibility with me when they start writing misinformation, i.e. "The "360" tour has U2 performing in the center of stadiums".

Wow, sorry I posted it.I did not check it for "credibility" just saw it on a tv news site......

With GA capacity is like 55,000 people, I didn't realize Minneapolis was such a hot market for U2. Hopefully, everyone will get the tickets
they want.

Wow, sorry I posted it.I did not check it for "credibility" just saw it on a tv news site......

Don't worry about it, it wasn't directed at you. I just wish these press people actually did their research before releasing statements.

I guess the big deal is that this time we see the actual number of tickets that are going to the students. With it being a smaller venue, 1/5 of the tickets going to students seems a bit high. To those like me who do not have a ealry presale code....it is a bit scary. I guess we are just venting...sorry!

Ok, I don't mean to offend anyone, but how many college students have the $$ (or parents $$) to spend on U2 tickets.

Also, again no offense, but how many college students in Minneapolis are U2 fans? They could be casual fans, but is that enough for them to spend that kind of $$?

With GA capacity is like 55,000 people, I didn't realize Minneapolis was such a hot market for U2. Hopefully, everyone will get the tickets
they want.

Ok, thanks. I think the whole stadium holds 50,000 ( I could be wrong) and I think that is why people are upset...And yes, we are a hot market....:love:

Ok, I don't mean to offend anyone, but how many college students have the $$ (or parents $$) to spend on U2 tickets.

My DD is college and I am buying her a ticket....:)

Also, again no offense, but how many college students in Minneapolis are U2 fans? They could be casual fans, but is that enough for them to spend that kind of $$?

Let's hope not....:wink:

I live in Canada, but Minneapolis is the closest venue that U2 is playing. You would be surprised at how hard it can be to get tickets. I am having a Vertigo flashback...sorry.....I will keep the complaining to myself:sexywink:

Mpls will be a hot ticket because it'll draw people from Iowa, Wisconsin, and Canada. The Mpls Vertigo show sold out in about 5 minutes and was the largest ever crowd at Target Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom