June 25, 2010 - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody ... Speaking as someone who has gone through A LOT of trouble and expense, just to get tickets to the festival! ... Never mind, trip planning! (As I live in California) ...

Reading everything about Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and even Coldplay . . .

And then finding out a day later that its the Gorillaz?? :doh:

I'm sorry, that just makes a devastating situation even MORE devastating for me. :angry:

If one acts cancellation ruins your Glasto, then you've got bigger problems. There's a reaons it sells out every year before any lineup is announced.

If one acts cancellation ruins your Glasto, then you've got bigger problems. There's a reason it sells out every year before any lineup is announced.

You're right, of course ... I just needed to vent my frustration! :yell:

I'm very sure it will still be an a AMAZING event!:up: (I was just hoping for maybe a Led Zeppelin set to top it off!):D

You're right, of course ... I just needed to vent my frustration! :yell:

I'm very sure it will still be an a AMAZING event!:up: (I was just hoping for maybe a Led Zeppelin set to top it off!):D

4 weeks was a tight timeline for Stones or Zep to get everything together.

I went to Coachella where no fewer that EIGHT acts did not play because of the Volcano in Iceland. There were no replacements. I think 2 other additional acts where only a singer and guitar player on acoustic because the rest of the band and crew were stuck in Europe.

I went to Coachella where no fewer that EIGHT acts did not play because of the Volcano in Iceland. There were no replacements. I think 2 other additional acts where only a singer and guitar player on acoustic because the rest of the band and crew were stuck in Europe.

Wow ... That's not good.

Yeah, with Glasto, there are going to be SO many great acts there, it can't help but be AMAZING!! :applaud: (Plus, I'm going with friends, so that'll be even better!):heart:

And then, I'll just have to go back next year, when U2 headlines!! :hyper:

I saw the Gorillaz a few weeks ago at the Roundhouse in London. One of the better gigs I've ever been to. Given that I saw them so recently, in a small venue, I'll likely still go for the Flaming Lips, but it's a decent replacement that I'd highly, highly recommend. And if anyone is going to try and launch it up a notch for Glastonbury, it's Damon Albarn. Sure beats Coldplay.

Gorillaz this time around is a full band. Mick Jones from The Clash is playing with them. I'm sure you'll get Mos Def also, etc. They seem like a fun band to have at a festival if you ask me...

Both Mos Def and Snoop Dogg are already on the Glasto bill.

Mos Def was scheduled for the same time as U2 (now Gorillaz), so I guess that will change.

I was also a bit dissapointed at first (I was hoping for Led Zep!) and was thinking of going along to see The XX, but thinking about it it will probably be a good show..rumours are that Bobby Womak, Shaun Ryder and Lou Reed will be appearing with them, so I will probably go along to the Pyramid stage after all.

Led Zeppelin as a possible replacement for U2 at Glasto? I don't think this was such a real possibility.

Robert Plant is finishing his own album and has already expressed that he's no interest in re-living the 1970's & John Paul Jones is busy with Them Crooked Vultures.

Gorillaz are not bad at all! Give them a chance, to those that don't seem to want to do so. And on this tour, Paul Simonon and Mick Jones from The Clash are playing in Gorillaz. That alone is worth the price of admission.

I am actually pretty happy with Gorillaz, now that I've gotten over my initial disappointment :wink: My tickets came in the post today :up: Very exciting. I didn't realise Frank Turner is playing too, will have to check him out on the Friday.

cried about 5 times thinking about it, so unbeliviably disappointed, but have now moved on am now arriving on Friday which is great cause no worry to line up early, can just cruise around see lots of different bands and not need to camp so many nights...also am seeing them in Frankfurt so not a complete balls up, still...it hurts.

I heard those rumours too, hopefully they're true, but even if they're not, I'll be buying myself a ticket for Glastonbury 2011 anyway :up: The UK is due some dates anyway :grumpy: How is it that we were missed off the European tour anyway? Hopefully we'll have a couple more dates at Wembley next year :wink:

I have a bit of a problem, my boyfriend has a ticket for Glastonbury and was still really looking forward to going even though U2 has cancelled, but he got sick now and isn't able to go. He doesn't want to sell his ticket as he loves it and is a big collector of tickets etc.

The thing is now that he's quite upset, because he won't be able to get the wristband, programme, the lanyard and all these things you get when you're there.

If anyone of you going could maybe bring something back for him that would be really really great!! We'd obviously pay and I can imagine it's a hassle to bring anything back when you've already got enough to carry around. Just thought I'd give it a try. Let me know :)

cried about 5 times thinking about it, so unbeliviably disappointed, but have now moved on am now arriving on Friday which is great cause no worry to line up early, can just cruise around see lots of different bands and not need to camp so many nights...also am seeing them in Frankfurt so not a complete balls up, still...it hurts.

I fully understand :hug:

I think you will have a great festival experience either way with so many amazng bands and artists performing.

I have never had tickets for Glasto, but I read the Q coverstory about the festival and the U2 bit yesterday and it really got me upset to think about how great that would have been. I'm sure U2 are devastated about the whole thing. Let's hope they'll be there next year.

I have a bit of a problem, my boyfriend has a ticket for Glastonbury and was still really looking forward to going even though U2 has cancelled, but he got sick now and isn't able to go. He doesn't want to sell his ticket as he loves it and is a big collector of tickets etc.

The thing is now that he's quite upset, because he won't be able to get the wristband, programme, the lanyard and all these things you get when you're there.

If anyone of you going could maybe bring something back for him that would be really really great!! We'd obviously pay and I can imagine it's a hassle to bring anything back when you've already got enough to carry around. Just thought I'd give it a try. Let me know :)

Just curious - why would you want souvenirs from a festival you didn't go to???

Only a few more days to go, am hoping to get there early Wednesday morning. Very excited again now.

I wonder whether Bono and the others will be watching this weekend. Hopefully it won't depress them too much but only make them more determined to play in 2011.

Will be setting off early tomorrow :up: Hopefully will get sorted in time to catch the end of the england game :wink: There has been lots of talk of U2 perhaps playing 2011, but I heard next year is the rest year? Not sure if that is the case, it's every fifth year or something isn't it? I can't remember the last one...

No 2012 is the rest year, so they don't clash with the Olympics. I think 2011 will be U2's year.

No 2012 is the rest year, so they don't clash with the Olympics. I think 2011 will be U2's year.

Ah okay! Good to know, I will be gutted if my graduation clashes with Glastonbury :angry: I can hardly skip the end of my degree haha. I can't imagine any of U2 will perform with anyone, but I reckon Gorillaz will throw in a cover or two :up:

All packed and ready to go :hyper: Leaving at 5am tomorrow :crack:

I wonder if any member of U2 will make an appearance at the festival as a surprise during someone's set

I wouldn't be surprised if the full band played a short surprise set in one tent during the weekend. It's the kind of random thing that Glasto throws up every year. It obviously depends on Bono's current recovery, but the Glasto magic will help him heal faster!

have a fab time all you lucky ducks that are going!! the weather is gorgeous!! should be a perfect weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom