June 22nd, 2011 M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I might be taking the bus too. Reviews of Greyhound frighten me though. There is a bus leaving at 1am back towards my part of Virginia. Decisions, decisions.....

Yeah, the bus I will probably be taking leaves at 1:40am (back to NYC - I am economizing here by foregoing a hotel I would only spend a few hours in anyway). That I am not too worried about since that means I will probably hang a bit with pals first and so can catch a taxi or ride to the terminal. However, I am eyeing trying to make the 11:30pm bus, depending on when they break into WOWY and MOS, and in order to do that I will probably have to walk (fast)...guess I will evaluate the feasibility (and safety!) of that when I get there tomorrow.

Where did you see this info?
The only thing I've seen is Larry mentioning there are some people who think Streets should be an opener for Glastonbury, or at the end of Achtung Baby buildup (exactly what they did in Anaheim), or that they should start with 40. Doesn't say anything about them wanting to try it out. But I guess we'll see... :wink:

Also, looking on the positive side of rain, if it's pouring after the show I might not have to worry so much about possibly walking back to the bus terminal late at night... :uhoh:

I would hail a taxi if I were you...walking in Baltimore late at night isn't a good idea. :)

I would hail a taxi if I were you...walking in Baltimore late at night isn't a good idea. :)

Oh definitely, especially around where the bus terminal is (although all the spillover parking for the stadium and the HI Express is on the way there, so there will be more people than usual, I reckon). The thing is, will it be easy to get one if I want to make a really quick getaway...

*sneaking out of a long, long interference absence*

senrab, you are in DC now?!?! We should get together!

There are so many of you that cydewaze and I haven't seen in so LONG! Can't wait!

I still can't decide what to do about this lineup...ARGGGHHH. :crazy:

hey Mrs. Edge, yes I have been here almost 4 1/2 years. I'll be in sec. 117 behind the stage

Well, I don't know what I am gonna do about parking near the stadium (early in the morning), been told there are no private lots around the stadium.. Stadium lots don't open till afternoon. I am going to call the stadium again.

I don't know what I'm going to wear yet.

I'm going to wear a trash bag with a hole cut in it for my head.

I'm sooooo not looking forward to this show I'm afraid. :| In a toss-up between baking and getting drenched, I think I'd pick the former, but I'll likely have both.

Why couldn't the show have been today instead?

I'm going to wear a trash bag with a hole cut in it for my head.

I'm sooooo not looking forward to this show I'm afraid. :| In a toss-up between baking and getting drenched, I think I'd pick the former, but I'll likely have both.

Why couldn't the show have been today instead?

I agree!

Paul do you and jess have plans tonite? Could you make dinner down at fells point?

Duda's Tavern
1600 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231

It was mentioned a few pages back here..

Oh definitely, especially around where the bus terminal is (although all the spillover parking for the stadium and the HI Express is on the way there, so there will be more people than usual, I reckon). The thing is, will it be easy to get one if I want to make a really quick getaway...

you guys watch the Wire too much.

There will be a million cops and fans all along the route from the stadium to the terminal.

Plus its not in a residential area, so there wont be anyone lingering in the shadows waiting to get you

you guys watch the Wire too much.

There will be a million cops and fans all along the route from the stadium to the terminal.

Plus its not in a residential area, so there wont be anyone lingering in the shadows waiting to get you

The terminal is very secluded though. But that's what I figure, with the show going on there will be people around all/most of the way.

U guys might get Streets for an opener tomorrow - Larry hinted at that maybe being the Glastonbury opener and they may wanna try that out

Well, the Ravens do use the intro to Streets when introducing the team.....I've heard that intro many years in that stadium. Would love to hear it live!

beershack said:
Because this stadium is downtown, rather than in the outskirts in the middle of ghetto PG County

There will be ample cash parking in the industrial area across the street from the box office (between MM/NN and K/L on the map)

Lot M/N/O should be cash

G/H will probably be cash but not open until 5hrs before.

There are other cash lots (and free street parking) to the right of G/H

Parking further downtown will be difficult and expensive before 5pm due to the normal commuters taking up space

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Tickets/~/media/A49E97F7A0094DB9BAE44ECFC88C83D0.ashx

Doesn't this seem to indicate that M, N and O should be open earlier than the lots that won't open until noon? That's what I was banking on.

Hey guys!

Going to the show tomorrow and want to get in the line early. But:

1) Parking. Where the heck would I park that early? I also don't want to give up an arm to get a spot at a lot. Isn't there a grocery store parking lot a few miles away where we could park, and then come back to the stadium lots once they open? Any one find out more information about this?

2) Also, anyone driving up from the Northern Virginia or DC area want to carpool? We can share gas/parking costs?

Let me know! Thanks!

I've been told GA queue is at Gate A at the stadium. Some people have already started the line/number. No overnight camping. Roll call is at 6am.

This is correct! I am number 48 in the line (a big improvement from 273 at my first show!) and will be there bright and early tomorrow morning!! I'm incredibly happy that the line here seems to be so organized; they said they had arranged things with venue security and they seem to have a pretty solid plan.

So excited!! :hyper:

Going to have to pray for no rain though...

Massive thunderstorm here in Rockville. Anyone know if there's a policy regarding lightning or calling the show before it starts? The Weather Channel says 60% chance of thunderstorms, "some severe, with hail possible." Yikes! The Claw is one giant lightning rod! :lol:

:lol: I think on U2.com or Ticketmaster it says 'Rain or Shine' event. But I don't know what they'll do about thunderstorms. It'll be interesting to see what Florence and the Machine will do if they have to perform in the rain, because The Fray was not ready at all for rain in Denver. Although we ended up not getting a drop of rain, it was amusing to watch The Fray's crew tried to hold on for dear life to the tents they set up onstage before the gusts take them down. :lol: They finally scrapped all the tents before The Fray took the stage.

Well, for all those lining up tomorrow, can someone post in here if the venue happens to cancel the show due to severe thunderstorms? I doubt it will happen, but just in case it does, I'd like to know about it before I have to leave for my 2-hour drive to the stadium. Muchas thanks. :)

Anyone feel generous enough to snag a fellow Interferencer a number or two in line? :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink: My buddy and I are coming up from Richmond tomorrow. Hope to get in the goods. :) We will be up mid day if traffic allows.

My issue is with finding parking early am when I want to get to the queue. Where do I park then because none of the lots will be open at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom