June 22nd, 2011 M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I'm 255. I'm wearing the green shirt & brown shorts. :wave: :lol:

Ha, I'm the kid in the blue Bono shirt and jeans. : wave:

Hoping we don't have any drama with the tickets and numbers. I don't think we will. Did they mark tickets in any way at all?

The parking is a confusing mess, though.

I got on the list yesterday and have been in line since 5:30am...stadium wouldn't open the lots until 2pm

Membership has it privileges just hope the other sign up sheet isnt used from Parking lot A. Assume tonight setlist will have most of Fridays except maybe BAD which might be a surprise tune Friday with several more I am sure.

Now we have these last minute people trying to inconspicuously push their way to the rail. One just slid next to Jessica. She looks like a Pussycat Dolls fan.

My free parking spot - magnificent.
Very well run GA line and entry - magnificent.
My spot on the rail - magnificent.
Six songs from the greatest album of all time - magnificent.
Now why didn't I get to hear MAGNIFICENT?!?!?!

:scratch:

If you ever have the chance to take the light rail to an event in Baltimore City, don't.

They were running trains once every 45 minutes instead of 15. Great show, but that element sucked.

yes, the way the security ran the line was the best I have ever experienced. They were organized and listened to the fans running the line. No last minute fall out on what they were going to do.. They told us what they were gonna do and followed thru. Took groups of 20 into each line to go in and only let each go one at a time. I was in the first group of 20 and only had to fast walk to get down to the field.. My plan was to get outer rail and not in front of the stage because I wouldn't of been able to see cuz the stage is too high (I am only 5 ft), having done it before I knew it. Outside rail is the best because of many reasons, better perspective of the stage and that the guys come out there a lot giving us fans a lot of love.

I got a lot of pics that turned out pretty good. I have them up on facebook so if you're one of my fb friends go check them out.

:applaud: for the security at M&T!! They were absolutely wonderful. It really made all the difference. I was in the first group of 20 as well and I just race-walked right to the front rail, no sickening mad dash.

The show was amazing :love:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
you were? what number were you? I was #12.

I was Number 14, I was standing pretty much next to you. ;)

ETA: :doh: Probably should say "It's me Val" :lol: I forgot we didn't really know eachother's usernames, haha.

You too!! It was such an amazing show! I think it was the best GA line I've ever been in. Wish I could go to more shows

If you ever have the chance to take the light rail to an event in Baltimore City, don't.

They were running trains once every 45 minutes instead of 15. Great show, but that element sucked.

Actually, i think the Light Rail saved my wife and me. We were riding in around 4:45 and were getting off on the Hamburg street exit (after most people mistakenly got off at Camden Yards exit!!). As we were passing the stadium parking lot, we could see an incredibly long line wrapped around the stadium, which i completely expected at that time.

We got off the train, and crossed the bridge, and not knowing where to go, walked up to Gate B which is directly in front of us. There was a sign that said "General Admission/Field" with about 25 people in it, so we asked one of the guards, and she told us to stand in that line. By 5:40 when the gates opened, the line was moving, and 10 minutes later we had our wristbands, and were walking down to the field, amazed at how empty the field still was. We walked past the Red Zone wishing at the time we could have gotten in there. We kept going, figuring we would see where a good spot was, and turned a corner, got our neck stamp, and then realized we were in the inner circle, 10 feet from the front of the stage, with a perfect view of the stage and mic, with the outer circle walkway about 8 feet behind us. .

Needless to say, i dont know if we just got very lucky, and happened to be at the right place at the right time, or if people just didnt know about gate B, but it was the best experience i have had, with none of the waiting!!!

I would also like to thank the venue staff and security for a very positive experience. Everyone was friendly and helpful and it made the wait much more bearable. Also thanks to the super nice people in line around us (we were in the 150s) and for whoever planted the trees at the stadium that gave us SHADE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom