June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling we'll be getting there right before the show starts. Is there seating? My dad is having knee surgery right after we get back from Seattle so he's going to need somewhere to sit down. If anyone could grab us one chair...my stepmom and I won't be sitting. :cabbagepatch:

There is seating, but not sure how much there will be, based on my understanding of where the stage is. I don't know how much seating there will be right around that area.

Yeah, that sounds right. There's a separate area with more chairs and tables (like a small dining area) and then another separate room that has some games and another bar.

I'm sure you'll be able to hear the band no matter where you are, but if you want to see them .... :wink:

We should get there early - the local radio station The Mountain is getting in on their act! From their site:

Join us Saturday night, June 19th in the shadows of the vacant Quest Field for a U2 party featuring Zoo Station, the ultimate U2 concert experience – copies of U2’s 360 Degree concert DVD, rare U2 collectors’ items and, of course, cold adult beverages. Just remember The Owl & Thistle Irish pub – 808 Post aAenue – Saturday night at 9pm.

Here's the Owl & Thistle website, check out the menu. Look okay? Something for everyone?

http://www.owlnthistle.com/

What does everyone think about meeting there at like 6:30, which will give us loads of time to chat, eat, drink, and claim good spots? I'll see if we can make reservations, but I'm not sure if they take them.

So it sounds like there'll be four of us doing dinner - me, vjacqb, konakitty and maybe Ken (I'll PM him, I don't usually see him in the thread). Holler if you want in! :)

June has been ridiculously frustrating this year. Last year it was a great June, this year ... not so much. But yeah, the weekend looks good! :)

My flight to Seattle isn't until Saturday morning...at 7:00.:crack:

Alaska Airlines is the only "cheap" flight that I could get.

Ugh. I thought it was supposed to be nicer this weekend, but now weather.com shows today being the nicest day.

Friday: high of 70, should be sunny (sun's out now, and it feels like the first day it has been all week)

Saturday: high 62, showers
Sunday: high 61, showers

EFF THIS WEATHER.

Maybe it's a good thing the concert got postponed. Maybe next year we'll have a better June. :grumpy:

You'll probably be okay without it - Seattle "rain" isn't like steady downpours. It'll most likely be off on on drizzle or light rain.

A small umbrella or a light raincoat with a hood should be just fine, although you'll see plenty of people who don't even bother walking around with that stuff.

And still bring your sunglasses - those sun breaks are killer! :)

One of these days I'll get around to buying an actual raincoat with a hood so I can leave my umbrella at home.

If not wanting frizzy hair is wrong, I don't want to be right!

If I could handle June gloom in Colorado, then I can handle Rain City.:D

See all of you tomorrow night!:wave:

I don't post much, but I live in the area, so I'll be at the Owl and Thistle tomorrow!:wave:

Awesome! :)

I don't know what to believe for weather - one site said rain and cool, another site said sun and 64 for Sunday.

As of 8:30 this morning, it's cool and cloudy. Stupid Seattle.

Yep! 6:30 @ Owl & Thistle. It's on the early side, but just in case it's crowded with pre-baseball game people, extra time is probably best.

It should be:

me
Alma
you + 1
Ken

I haven't heard from Tony, so it sounds like we'll just have 5 for dinner.

Can you PM me your phone number again, just in case? I thought I put it in my phone before I deleted the original message, but nope. :doh:

FREAKIN Awesome U2 Experience by the Zoo Station last night. Met wonderful new friends, and it couldn't have been a better crowd enjoying the almost-U2 concert at the Owl and Thistle! The band looked like they were having a good time too, and so it didn't end until 2 AM! :drool:

Thanks for organizing the dinner, cori. Because we were there so early, technically we got in to the concert for free! :love:

That was a pretty awesome show by Zoo Station, at the Owl and Thistle, in Seattle last night! It was great meeting some Interference members!

It was funny, the band gave a couple shout-outs to interference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom