June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you two (ha ha - U2) are sick of each other/find the other obnoxious, I offer myself as a replacement for the baseball game! :D I'm fun to watch sports with. :wink:

I reallllllllly (you can tell I'm serious from all the l's ;) ) want to make this show next year, assuming they do the dates in the same order. This and Oakland.

You should! Everyone should come to Seattle, because Seattle is just that awesome.

Hey, I'm famous in your sig! Nice. :wink:

And if you two (ha ha - U2) are sick of each other/find the other obnoxious, I offer myself as a replacement for the baseball game! :D I'm fun to watch sports with. :wink:

:up: I wish we could all go. We can get foam fingers and nacho hats.
2313556732_13eba22f03.jpg

We don't have nacho hats at Safeco Field. :(

BUT

We have garlic fries (honestly, I like to smell them more than I like to actually eat them)

And you can get sushi at our ball park. We're special. :wink:

Oh, and one of the food places inside is called The Intentional Wok, which never fails to make me laugh.

I reallllllllly (you can tell I'm serious from all the l's ;) ) want to make this show next year, assuming they do the dates in the same order. This and Oakland.

I approve of this message! :hi5:

:up: I wish we could all go. We can get foam fingers and nacho hats.
2313556732_13eba22f03.jpg

[Homer Simpson/] Mmmm.... nachos!! :drool: [/Homer Simpson]

We don't have nacho hats at Safeco Field. :(

BUT

We have garlic fries (honestly, I like to smell them more than I like to actually eat them)

And you can get sushi at our ball park. We're special. :wink:

Oh, and one of the food places inside is called The Intentional Wok, which never fails to make me laugh.

I don't think I've ever had the courage to eat the garlic fries, but I remember the smell well. :drool:

The beer garden is great too - except when you get hit on by 18 year old boys who offer to buy you a beer, even though you already have one in both hands. :yikes: :laugh:

My favourites are the Alcohol Enforcement officers. Those people made me lulz. I tried to get stealth pictures of them, but they turned out all blurry.

Oh good, Jesse, glad you're coming up still. Are you going to come to Zoo Station on Saturday?

I actually live at home in Federal Way now so it isn't far, no more Arizona..trying to get a job in DC an move there.

I have a friends wedding party to go to on that Saturday so i'm not going to make the Zoo Station show.. sorry.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but it actually isn't going to work out for me to come after all. :reject: It would be awesome, but I completely forgot it was my mom's birthday that weekend. It's a big number birthday for her so I kinda need to be at home for the celebrations. What a horrible daughter I am for forgetting! :lol: :reject:

It's probably a good thing that the concert isn't happening that weekend, because if I missed her birthday I'd be in HUGE trouble! :lol:

It's an Irish pub, kind of small. I was there about a month ago, after having not been there in ages.

They have food, not sure how big the menu is. Two separate rooms, one with some games, the other with more typical pub seating. Bars in both rooms. I believe the stage is in the room without the games and such.

Thanks. I've never been to a "tribute band" concert. I hope it's a good time.

I saw an Abba tribute band once - Bjorn Again! They were amazing, so much fun.

I've always wanted to see one of the u2 tribute bands, but there aren't any around, so I was thrilled when Zoo Station said they were finally making it up here.

I'm sure! I need to make it down there one of these days for one of the big shindig gatherings.

Dagnabbit, Thora! :sad:

Oh well. Alas.

There will be other occasions! :yes: Like when the date is rescheduled! :D

When I changed my calendar yesterday, I looked at the dates, and realized my snafu. It didn't occur to me until I looked at the month of June that my mom's birthday was the same weekend as the concert. :tsk: :lol:

There will be other occasions! :yes: Like when the date is rescheduled! :D

When I changed my calendar yesterday, I looked at the dates, and realized my snafu. It didn't occur to me until I looked at the month of June that my mom's birthday was the same weekend as the concert. :tsk: :lol:

And when I'm there for next year's show! :kiss:

In your U2 excitement, you forgot it was your momma's birthday? :tsk: :lmao:

And when I'm there for next year's show! :kiss:

In your U2 excitement, you forgot it was your momma's birthday? :tsk: :lmao:

Absolutely!

Well, I'm very forgetful with ALL special dates. That's why I write them down on my calendar and have reminders in my phone, etc. otherwise I'd totally forget. :reject: I know it's in June, and I know the date, it just didn't occur to me at all, if that makes sense. If I had actually written the concert date down on my calendar I would have noticed and probably sold my ticket. I don't know why I didn't write it down...

So who's all coming on Saturday night for the Zoo Station show?

cori
vjacqb
chels82
HBK (whatever the rest of user name is ... sorry, Ken!)

Is there anyone else?

The show info says they'll start at 8:30 at the Owl & Thistle. Does anyone have interest in trying to get together for dinner beforehand?

I know I don't post much on here but, I'm planning on going and would love to meet everyone. My friend, who lives in Seattle, said the bar can get pretty packed and recommended we get there early.

That's a good idea. Maybe we can just plan on meeting there for dinner early? I know they have some food - not sure how big the menu is.

I know they at least have some Irish fare, as last time I was there I stole some of my friend's colcannon. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom