July 9th, 2010 Miami, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They stayed at The Setai last time.
I am sure they will stay there this time around as well, no hotel in South Beach beats The Setai, unless they settle for lower standards.

Have you heard about Larry's story with his inflatable mattress and the bed bugs back in 1980?

No...do tell!!!
Back when U2 had their first tour, this was around 1978-1980 with the Boy album, they stayed at cheap hotels city by city. Larry always meticulous as he has always been, didn't like to sleep in the cheap, dirty and used sheets of the hotels' beds; so he always brought with him his inflatable mattress, put it on top of the beds, and slept on it.

One day, Paul criticized and persuaded Larry in order for him to give up his inflatable mattress and sleep in the hotel bed at least once. Larry finally gave in and slept in the hotel's bed. When he woke up the next morning, Larry had been bitten and had a rash from head to toe because of the bed bugs.

I guess his meticulousness didn't pay off in the end. :lol:

Hello all.

I will be making the trek to Miami this summer and I am in need of just one GA ticket. If anyone has an extra it would me much appreciated. :up:

Cheers,

Ben

hey when does everyone plan to get there? I'll be coming from West Palm and 1. I have no clue when I am getting there and 2. I won't know anyone there cuz no one is going with me :(

Not sure what time I'll get to the stadium either. My family and I are leaving on a 3 week trip the morning after the concert, so I'm sure I'll be getting things ready for that...I'll probably arrive early Friday am. coming from Coral Springs area.

We're driving down to Miami Friday, I guess. I've done the least amount of planning for this show. We have seats, though, so there's not all that much to plan. Still trying to figure out where to stay, though, since it doesn't look like there are any hotels within walking distance. I was hoping to not repeat the Tampa traffic jam from last October!

I didn't think Tampa was bad at all. We were back to the hotel within a 1/2 hour...now Boston is a totally different story...took us til 2am to get back to our hotel which was only 15 minutes away (but wasn't a hotel that could be walked to : (

Miami will be a pain in the butt to get out of...always is for Monday night Dolphin games so I don't expect this be be any better...in fact, probably worse cause there will be more people.

They stayed at The Setai last time.

I'm pretty sure they stayed at The Ritz Carlton on the beach. Last time I walked South Beach I recognized the railing from "A Day in the Life of the Edge" video as the Ritz. /creeper

My recommendation to everyone who doesn't have a booking yet is to stay at a hotel, any hotel, in Ft. Lauderdale. It's gonna be closer to the stadium and have a lot less traffic.

I'm pretty sure they stayed at The Ritz Carlton on the beach. Last time I walked South Beach I recognized the railing from "A Day in the Life of the Edge" video as the Ritz. /creeper

My recommendation to everyone who doesn't have a booking yet is to stay at a hotel, any hotel, in Ft. Lauderdale. It's gonna be closer to the stadium and have a lot less traffic.
It was definitely The Setai :sexywink:

I have sent out a lot of requests through Home Away majority have come back telling me they are rented out for the time I need. This is more than frustrating. I am now looking at the Aventura area.

a property owner from Miami has responded with two properties in the heart of Miami. Beautiful views, great rate but it is in Miami. :banghead: :scream:

lol now I have one in Hollywood. oh dear. I have a headache.

The Ritz Carlton is in Palm Beach, not in South Beach. :wink:

Does anybody know where they stayed at Tampa on Oct 9, 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom