July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this system stands, I wil plan on starting my own list on friday morning for those who are only going to the second show. Then those inside can join when they get out of the first show, in order of when they get there. If they want to be at the top of the list for second show, then they will have to haul it out of th stadium when the show ends. Sorry, I don't like to cause GA drama, but the current system is simply unfair to those going only to the Saturday show.

That I agree.
Have a roll call for the Saturday show during the Friday show. Anyone not there (i.e. those inside the venue) will lose there spot. After the show they can join the line at the back.

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this. 1 of my sisters just bailed on the trip to Montreal ( putting us behind schedule) and I now have an extra GA if anyone is in need of one or knows of someone who does.

On another note, does anyone know where the people who are handing out the numbers will be tonight? We most likely won't be in town until around 8 or 9pm.

Thanks!
Laura

I agree with most- lining up so far in advance is ridiculous. Day of seems like the best compromise.

To the guy that asked before: the WalMart is about a 3-min walk away from the Hippodrome.

Shawn Bonneau (and someone who asked earlier): I'm trying to beat the 11am road closures and get a spot at Mont-Royal garage, on 4810 Jean-Talon. There's a public lot near the Jewish hospital, which is a block from the Cote-Ste-Catherine metro stop.

Reminder to all drivers that the Jean-Talon entry and exit ramps to the Autoroute Décarie (Hwy 15) will be closed as of 11am Friday. Other restrictions: Ville de Montréal - Official city portal

The Evenko FAQ is showing that cigarettes will be allowed. So people will be allowed to smoke freely in GA and in the claw??? This is my first show outside the US (where security will stop someone if enough people complain), am I just gonna have to get used to it for a few hours each day?

Agree 100%!!! I am going to ONLY the Saturday show, but I will be getting to the stadium on Friday morning to line up for the second show (yes, I will be sitting outside the stadium during the first show). Are the people running the line for both shows going to expect that when I arrive on Friday, I will join the end of their list for the second show, and be behind hundreds of people who are going to be inside during the first show??? I am sacrificing the first show to get in line for the second, and it is simply unfair that those at the first show will be in front of me.

Can someone pleease defend the logistics of the current plan? If this system stands, I wil plan on starting my own list on friday morning for those who are only going to the second show. Then those inside can join when they get out of the first show, in order of when they get there. If they want to be at the top of the list for second show, then they will have to haul it out of th stadium when the show ends. Sorry, I don't like to cause GA drama, but the current system is simply unfair to those going only to the Saturday show.

This is exactly my point! I think starting a second SEPARATE line for the Saturday show on Friday makes sense. There are many who are skipping the first show to line up for the second. You cannot be in both lines at the same time! Once the first show ends, they can come out and join the line for Saturday. It is completely illogical to be inside enjoying Friday's show and still think you can step in front of people lined up outside for Saturday's show once it is over. People running this line right now are going to cause unnecessary drama for Saturday's show.

The Evenko FAQ is showing that cigarettes will be allowed. So people will be allowed to smoke freely in GA and in the claw??? This is my first show outside the US (where security will stop someone if enough people complain), am I just gonna have to get used to it for a few hours each day?

yep.

And ah, isn't this nice! End of tour GA drama! :cute:

Moncton is going to be so much fun! :crack:

Lol... I have a friend's wedding that weekend, so can't go. Even though I know it wil be an amazing show, kinda glad the decision was made for me so I don't have to deal with the stress. ;)

That I agree.
Have a roll call for the Saturday show during the Friday show. Anyone not there (i.e. those inside the venue) will lose there spot. After the show they can join the line at the back.

That's a great idea. Thanks for your thoughts-- am glad I'm not alone in thinking the saturday system is unfair...

I wil plan on starting my own list on friday morning for those who are only going to the second show. Then those inside can join when they get out of the first show, in order of when they get there. If they want to be at the top of the list for second show, then they will have to haul it out of th stadium when the show ends. Sorry, I don't like to cause GA drama, but the current system is simply unfair to those going only to the Saturday show.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Hear, freakin' HEAR!

I'll be looking for you after the Friday show, to join the line for the next show. The way it's SUPPOSED to be done. Absolutely. :up:

This is exactly my point! I think starting a second SEPARATE line for the Saturday show on Friday makes sense. There are many who are skipping the first show to line up for the second. You cannot be in both lines at the same time! Once the first show ends, they can come out and join the line for Saturday. It is completely illogical to be inside enjoying Friday's show and still think you can step in front of people lined up outside for Saturday's show once it is over. People running this line right now are going to cause unnecessary drama for Saturday's show.

:up: it will be up to those going only to the Sat show to start their own list on Friday in order to make the line up for the second show fair. For those going only to the second show, get your names on the NEW list of people only going to second show so that u won't be behind hundreds already inside of first show. And those who want a low number for second show, get out of first show as quickly as possible to get your name on list for Saturday show. First come, first serve. :)

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Hear, freakin' HEAR!

I'll be looking for you after the Friday show, to join the line for the next show. The way it's SUPPOSED to be done. Absolutely. :up:

:applaud: Power to the people!!! :wink: the current system benefits only those who are at the front of the line for the first show, who also want to be front of line for second show. Not cool.

*Ally* said:
:up: it will be up to those going only to the Sat show to start their own list on Friday in order to make the line up for the second show fair. For those going only to the second show, get your names on the NEW list of people only going to second show so that u won't be behind hundreds already inside of first show. And those who want a low number for second show, get out of first show as quickly as possible to get your name on list for Saturday show. First come, first serve. :)

I will definitely be looking to get in the new line/list when I get to Montreal sometime late Friday night.

Hey guys. i wanted to ay two things. First, everything is going great. Though I have no role in running either of the two lines, I think they are being handled really well right now. The people are being fair, in a 2009 and earlier sense. I was used to only having to do one check-in per day in 2011, but the people running this one want you to show up every four or five hours. Not what I would have preferred, but I can deal.

Second, i can say that I know that people with a number in the hundreds should not worry that they are not on the list yet. They will have as good a chance fot front and center as No. 1 in line. I can't say why, yet. But I'm posting this to get those of you who are stressing out over this to be calm.

I'm leaving sometime today. I won't be lining up until the AM. Hopefully it isn't to hot.

I'm still riding the wave of the awesomeness of Chicago.

Gearing up for show #27 of all time for me.

What will the boys play in MTL?

Leaving NOW....

Um...make that show #28....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom