July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google maps estimates Montreal to Moncton at about 10.5 hours. Of course, you'll have to add stops and the fact that we're on Atlantic time here (one hour ahead).

Is anybody else planning on going there from Pittsburgh? There's a flight via Newark at £250 (I guess around $400) - ouch! I'd be very happy to chip in to someone's gas, coffee, chocolate, tunes and witty anecdote fund if they're thinking of doing the 1000 mile trek up there from Pittsburgh ...

Is anybody else planning on going there from Pittsburgh? There's a flight via Newark at £250 (I guess around $400) - ouch! I'd be very happy to chip in to someone's gas, coffee, chocolate, tunes and witty anecdote fund if they're thinking of doing the 1000 mile trek up there from Pittsburgh ...

I'm looking to get from Pittsburgh to Moncton as well. If anyone is up for renting a car or van, I'd be up for splitting the costs as well as driving some.

With a really quick check, I found a 6-person RV out of Boston is about $1000 for 4 nights.
That's not terrible when divided by 6.

Just a random thought this morning.

moncton.jpg

I really cant understand how grandstand 3 and 4 are 200 bucks (or even 100 in the back halves) and the rear stage are only $30.

I really cant understand how grandstand 3 and 4 are 200 bucks (or even 100 in the back halves) and the rear stage are only $30.

I sat (stood) behind the stage for the Rose Bowl show. Bono turned around maybe twice to acknowledge us. It was a fun show, but the only really fun thing sitting in the rear of the stage was seeing the reaction of the rest of the crowd in the stadium.
I won't do it again.

FWIW

I sat (stood) behind the stage for the Rose Bowl show. Bono turned around maybe twice to acknowledge us. It was a fun show, but the only really fun thing sitting in the rear of the stage was seeing the reaction of the rest of the crowd in the stadium.
I won't do it again.

FWIW

good to know. I havent sat rear stage since Elevation. liked it then, but that is obviously much closer.

I will be going for GA, was just surprised at how inexpensive those seats were, but I guess the demand is not there for them.

so any word on pre sale codes being sent out to u2.com members?

Moncton (Atlantic Standard Time) is basically an hour ahead of EST.
So 2:27 there is 1:27 in NY/Toronto/etc.

Not sure if people have seen this or not, basically the promoter talking about what went into getting the show here/etc.

BellAliant.net - Media On Demand

Only problem is he has Ricky Bobby hand syndrome.

I'm glad someone mentioned Atlantic Time. I had no idea what it was and assumed it was the same thing as EST :doh: I would have overslept!

good to know. I havent sat rear stage since Elevation. liked it then, but that is obviously much closer.

I will be going for GA, was just surprised at how inexpensive those seats were, but I guess the demand is not there for them.

so any word on pre sale codes being sent out to u2.com members?

When you first get your membership, you get your codes. Have you bought 4 tickets in North America for the current subscription? If so, you have no codes left. If not, your code is right there printed in your account. They don't 'send' you new codes when they announce a show.

Got my presale e-mail from U2.com. I have no idea how the groups are staggered, but my code is good. :up:

Here is the TM link:
Tickets | U2 360º Tour - Moncton NB at Ticketmaster

Those grandstands look awfully far away. Have flat price RZ sold quickly for other shows? Since AF is opening it's worth the extra splurge, and with the gates opening at 3pm that's alot of standing around in GA. I'm thinking of flying into Boston and driving up on the 29th(got family on Cape Cod). Would be really cool to see Newfoundland, Halifax, etc.

Those grandstands look awfully far away. Have flat price RZ sold quickly for other shows? Since AF is opening it's worth the extra splurge, and with the gates opening at 3pm that's alot of standing around in GA. I'm thinking of flying into Boston and driving up on the 29th(got family on Cape Cod). Would be really cool to see Newfoundland, Halifax, etc.

The only thing that would concern me about RZ is that I believe is it Will Call Only, which could suck if something happens or whatever.

BTW--I do want to try to take some extra time and see the area, but I know it won't be nearly enough time.

The only thing that would concern me about RZ is that I believe is it Will Call Only, which could suck if something happens or whatever.

BTW--I do want to try to take some extra time and see the area, but I know it won't be nearly enough time.

True, but I figure it commits me to the trip. I like the RV idea but I sure wouldn't want to be the one driving. My stepdad/mom sold their big-as-a-bus one a few months ago, and I don't care how much $ one has - $400 trips to the gas station would suck ass.

I'm still waiting for my email :grumpy:.
I'm in "boots" level but it would be nice to know when I can purchase!

Go to U2.com and log in. Go to the tour/presale page and see if your code is good.

There is the "Bundle" package on-sale Thurs. 10am, but I believe Boots would be before that (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Very interesting article. Sounds like they have some serious work to get the site ready for the show, including some landscaping so the claw is level.

30,000 seats is quite a few. That venue has some serious attendance records for canada. Not sure any other venue has had much more than 70,000. There is a chance this could surpass the Rosebowl record and be a u2 record for US/Canada. Mexico 2011 numbers are untouchable.

IMO, the $29 rear stage tickets are probably the best deal, especially if you don't want to camp out near the stage ALL day.

Maybe bono can sing a sea shanty, like he did on that tribute cd several years ago.

Go to U2.com and log in. Go to the tour/presale page and see if your code is good.

There is the "Bundle" package on-sale Thurs. 10am, but I believe Boots would be before that (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Still no email as of this morning at 6:30. I know my code is good since I just renewed.

Anyone feel like posting the email info - minus your code of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom