July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may need the bulk of them for Moncton if we get a standard setlist! :wink:

:lol: "No Bad? NO BAD?????" (downs three pills)

What's Carney like? I mean, will it be like...Spider-man songs (he's the guy from the play, y?)?

No idea what they're like - I know they were a band prior to Spiderman happening (or prior to Reeve getting cast).

It might be possible if they deigned to invite Carney back onstage during their encore or something. I'm hoping they do that w/AF, a la U-Jam, '06. :D

Okay, so I found out a little info about camping and parking. I'm staying at a motel but wanted to get to the venue as early as possible. The woman I spoke with was very nice. I asked what time day of concert parking opened and she didn't have an answer. I have to call back. I asked about getting a camping pass. My thought being, I'll get one for me. I'll drop off my peeps, park the car. No problem. The cost was $93. :huh: So your camping pass does not include car parking.....

I'm calling back again about day of parking. I want to know if check in is at 5am, I can park my car somewhere.

When I was poking around on concertcamping.com last night, on the online reservation form, I thought I saw a section where you could reserve just a parking spot for the show, and it was $25.

My pass was $49 for three days (although maybe that was an early special), but another $25 to have the car.

I think your bud just paid the fees/taxes for you, Cori. :) The prices are still listed as what you paid, but it adds up to ~$94 when you check out.

When I was poking around on concertcamping.com last night, on the online reservation form, I thought I saw a section where you could reserve just a parking spot for the show, and it was $25.

My pass was $49 for three days (although maybe that was an early special), but another $25 to have the car.

Yeah, that's what I discovered. I just need to know when I can get into concert parking. If it opens at 10am, that's not early enough. So then, I might be going with $90 to have the luxury of coming and going. But it would split 3 ways.

I'm spinning Funeral right now looking for some guidence/motivation. I put on a U2 record but only made it three songs. Rut roh. I also need something cool to do between Thursday night's show and Saturdays. Thoughts for Friday fun?:shifty:

Clap! Clap, clap!

Yeah, that's what I discovered. I just need to know when I can get into concert parking. If it opens at 10am, that's not early enough. So then, I might be going with $90 to have the luxury of coming and going. But it would split 3 ways.

Yeah, I hate the thought of spending almost $100 to sleep in my damn car (that should be effing free), but I have the same fear of not having access to the concert site early enough otherwise. :angry: :angry:

Okay guys, I actually spoke to a guy that works for the promotor (Donald K Donald Events) and he explained that the main Gate where the lineup will start is where the Green arrow is on the map.

That being said since I am in a Motel about 7 kms away, I wanted to find parking very close to the site so that we can go back and forth to the rental. I made some calls and actually secured parking for $30 at the house directly beside Atlantic Violin Supplies (the Red Balloon at the top of the page). Very nice guy and has room for more cars. If you are interested then PM me and I will pass along his information.

The only negative is that Front Mountain Road will most likely be closed until 1:00AM but I'm not too concerned about that since I will most likely be too wound up after the show and wouldn't mind chilling out and taking my time.

There is a good article here about the parking and shuttle setup....

timestranscript.com - Park and ride encouraged for U2 | By Craig Babstock - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

MagneticHillsite.png

Where is the concert camping on that map? Send me the red baloon info if you get a chance. Helz, I might just reserve a spot just in case for 30 beans.

I wonder if anyone like that would let me use their bathroom, haha. (I don't want to live without an actual bathroom for three days, guys.)

Yeah, that part of the journey is particularly .... disturbing. I don't mind using porta-potties, but all the usual daily routine stuff? That's harder. I guess you just bring a lot of water to use for brushing your teeth, washing your face .....

I also read about the showers for rent, but I'm not sure that's any more appealing. :lol: Plus, I doubt I'll have room in my bag for a towel. Although I should add it to my Wal-Mart list anyway.

Yeah, that part of the journey is particularly .... disturbing. I don't mind using porta-potties, but all the usual daily routine stuff? That's harder. I guess you just bring a lot of water to use for brushing your teeth, washing your face .....

I also read about the showers for rent, but I'm not sure that's any more appealing. :lol: Plus, I doubt I'll have room in my bag for a towel. Although I should add it to my Wal-Mart list anyway.

Oh! You shouldn't do that--I made the mistake of using a new towel (from Target) without washing it first, and it shed fine (i.e. sticks to you and is hard to rub off) lint everywhere.

:( no, I was to but I got the dates mixed up, I have long-standing family obligations that weekend that I can't get out of.

You can always adopt another family :) I worked U2 into my honeymoon. I made us honeymoon in Vegas with oooh.. a little stop at Sand diego for something called Popmart San Diego!! :D

Bottle of water for cleaning teeth, dry shampoo and wet wipes will be your friend Cori. My GF survived 3 days at Glastonbury, mud and all, that way and she was dreading it beforehand

Oh! You shouldn't do that--I made the mistake of using a new towel (from Target) without washing it first, and it shed fine (i.e. sticks to you and is hard to rub off) lint everywhere.

Hmm, yeah, I've had that happen, too. I'm sure I can put one from home inside my sleeping bag to pack.

What's a camp towel? (I mean, I'm assuming it's a towel especially for camping!) Can you usually find them in a Target or Wal-Mart with their other cheaply-priced camping goods?

Bottle of water for cleaning teeth, dry shampoo and wet wipes will be your friend Cori. My GF survived 3 days at Glastonbury, mud and all, that way and she was dreading it beforehand

Dry shampoo and wet wipes (AND antibacterial wipes) are already in my possession.

:up:

So someone called and was told that no, you cannot keep your car there, they are making you move the car to another field once your tent is set up.

So .... I guess we can only hope the other lot isn't a ridiculously far walk, because there's no way I'm leaving all my belongings at my tiny tent in the middle of a field with 5,000 other people around. Or during the night while I'm asleep (although I would assume my bag will fit in the tent with me while I'm sleeping and I won't have to walk back again to return my stuff to the car).

Why am I doing this, again?

Okay guys, I actually spoke to a guy that works for the promotor (Donald K Donald Events) and he explained that the main Gate where the lineup will start is where the Green arrow is on the map.

That being said since I am in a Motel about 7 kms away, I wanted to find parking very close to the site so that we can go back and forth to the rental. I made some calls and actually secured parking for $30 at the house directly beside Atlantic Violin Supplies (the Red Balloon at the top of the page). Very nice guy and has room for more cars. If you are interested then PM me and I will pass along his information.

The only negative is that Front Mountain Road will most likely be closed until 1:00AM but I'm not too concerned about that since I will most likely be too wound up after the show and wouldn't mind chilling out and taking my time.

There is a good article here about the parking and shuttle setup....

timestranscript.com - Park and ride encouraged for U2 | By Craig Babstock - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

PM Sent :)

I'm staying out near Shediac. This whole getting around thing seems like it could be a nightmare. RZ will call opens at 9am, and I might just be staying all day since the traffic will be a nightmare. Of course, that's assuming I can find somewhere to park :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom