July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we can't make it at 5AM?

Well, this is where the cluster gets more fu**ed.
There are 2 sides to this.

One side says you can still show up at 7 if you were told 7. I mean, after all, it was the line coordinators that said 7.

The other side says if you are not there by 5, you lose your place on the list.

And SOME are asshats! They say Dave will personally kick you out of the line if you're not there by 5. At this point some are saying that U2 Dave has control over the list, and he won't let anyone show up late. :huh:

So we show up at 7 and we are not guaranteed a spot in line? We have to show up at 5am now? Seriously people.... Who makes this stuff up? We just drove in from Chatham, Ontario.. we had to work. so we are supposed to have a nap and then head down??

If we show up at 7am we don't get our spot in line for the day?

MY GA Mates Hotel shuttle doesn't take him down til 7AM.... They better damn well honor our spots if 2 of our 3 are Their at 5am when we were told to be there at 7. Even worse my other partner has to work tomorrow, SO i now have to hold 2 spots which were supposed to be garunteed to me.

where is everyone parking?

what if we havent signed the list yet? is it just a free for all for people coming tomorrow?

this all sounds ridiculous to me.

so people that showed up today or yesterday walked up signed the list and then F-off'ed for the night, then just come back tomorrow at 5am, and theyre good?

how far is that to others>?

no offense, but this whole GA bullshit gets out of hand.

whoever shows, when they show they stay in line or lose it.

We talked to the person taking names today and explained how my one friend had to work and couldn't make it down til like 2. They said it wouldn't be a problem if we held her spot in the line...? The whole thing is really starting to confuse me.

So, I haven't been to nearly as many shows as some of you, but I have to say this whole thing is getting just a wee bit ridiculous. I can understand getting a number the day before, checking in at a certain time the day of show, and all that. But this changing the time to line up, and telling some people one thing and then telling other people something else? That sucks. My sister and I just plan to get there on time, grab our spot, and enjoy the day. Hope everyone else does, too.

Sarah

MY GA Mates Hotel shuttle doesn't take him down til 7AM.... They better damn well honor our spots if 2 of our 3 are Their at 5am when we were told to be there at 7. Even worse my other partner has to work tomorrow, SO i now have to hold 2 spots which were supposed to be garunteed to me.

the people running the line have a say when the check in is at. And if it's 5am then ur off the list..

woohoo! no one tried to cut at the front of the line. So far, so good on that front.

We're packing up the car and are getting ready to hit the road! I'll be in my Mrs. Clayton hat and a U2 Tampa shirt - feel free to come say hi as Mr CK and I will be wandering around the stadium! (We have seats but are coming early in hopes of seeing the lads arrival)

Also feel free to follow me on twitter - @claytonskitten as I will be updating up until showtime!

I'm wearing a Toy Story shirt with the alien toys on it. It says "ooooohhhh" (the next line in the movie is "the claw!"). Some get it, some don't.

Nice - In my Disney Podcast, when I mentioned I was going on vacation two years ago to see U2 and described their stage, I used the clip of them saying that

Word going around is that there will be no wristbands and they're letting us in in groups of 100. We'll find out in about an hour, I guess.

It worked out fine, at least for the first 100. The stupid part was that they separated us by sex for a pat down at the turnstiles, but they didn't tell us ahead of time so we could organize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom