July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Called the parking lot people this morning. They said no parking lots around the stadium would be open until 2pm. I plan on getting in line around 10am, any suggestions where to park? As far as I know they also run the north shore parking garage. Same deal, won't open for u2 fans until 2pm. They have commuters with monthly passes that fill the lots everyday. At least that's what they told me.

Drove through town today. Had to stop and take some pictures! :hyper:

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

that last photo was taken from the Duquesne Incline! We went up there last night.

If anyone is curious, the line is up to about 71 people. Everyone only needs to check in once tomorrow, at any time. Security is working with the people running the line, as of now. We had a three-hour shift tonight and got to listen to the Motley Crue concert, which was fun. I'll be back doing another three hours tomorrow morning to noon. I was able to get a lot of sightseeing done with my friends the last two days, and highly recommend anyone here to do the same. This city is fun for the architecture and pretty views. Primanti's has the first 'slaw I've been able to eat ( I don't eat the stuff and this was good).Make sure you check out at least one of the inclines and the East Carson district on the south side. Station SQ is OK for a bit but really touristy and there's not much to do besides eat and watch the fountain (but the inclines are right there).

Romi,

If I were to go down there tonight, or tomorrow morning, would I be able to get numbers for 2 of my friends as well, or is it one number per person?

every GA line I've been in for U2 you are NOT supposed to get a number unless you are at the stadium in person and it is written on your hand then. no sending someone else to 'hold a #' business.
that isn't fair to anyone else who still needs to go get their # why should someone who isn't there in person get a better # than someone who does go to the stadium to sign in & get their number? I won't be arriving to the city until early afternoon tomorrow and I would never dream of asking for someone to put me on the list until I was at stadium.

yeah, the check-in will be 7 a.m. on Tuesday, so not quite as bad. as far as signing other people, I believe there may be some leniency for ONE person if he or she is coming within one or two hours (but I'm not sure about that).

yeah, the check-in will be 7 a.m. on Tuesday, so not quite as bad. as far as signing other people, I believe there may be some leniency for ONE person if he or she is coming within one or two hours (but I'm not sure about that).

Yeah, that would be the PLUS ONE system. We don't do that. Do we?

Check in procedure

Can someone explain to me in detail the check-in procedure? I will be at a friend's apartment, which is 4 feet from Heinz field. Initially, I was going to simply bring my cooler and some chairs to the line at noon with my buddy. Now from reading this thread, do I simply need to "sign in" at 7 a.m.?

How does this work, we walk up at 7 a.m., sign in, get some stamp, and then leave? When do we need to be back in line? Can I leave the line multiple times for food, to take coolers back to my buddy's apartment, etc.?

Please advise. Thanks.

Can someone explain to me in detail the check-in procedure? I will be at a friend's apartment, which is 4 feet from Heinz field. Initially, I was going to simply bring my cooler and some chairs to the line at noon with my buddy. Now from reading this thread, do I simply need to "sign in" at 7 a.m.?

How does this work, we walk up at 7 a.m., sign in, get some stamp, and then leave? When do we need to be back in line? Can I leave the line multiple times for food, to take coolers back to my buddy's apartment, etc.?

Please advise. Thanks.

Signing in tomorrow morning means that you will get a number in line (usually written on your hand) and setting up your spot in line with your chairs, coolers, etc. Yes, you can leave the line for brief periods for food, taking stuff back to your car/apartment, etc. So the sooner you get there the better. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom