July 26, 2011 - Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane - you're in GA? Are you camping out to try and get close? I'm actually in seats this time around. I think I may leave my car at Station Square and get the public transport to the stadium for $10 round trip.

Diane - you're in GA? Are you camping out to try and get close? I'm actually in seats this time around. I think I may leave my car at Station Square and get the public transport to the stadium for $10 round trip.

Yes, but I'm only planning to be in line by 10am on the day of the show. That worked out good in Michigan. Ended up 7 rows back in the pit right in front of Bono. So it's going to be hard to beat that...lol :drool: Alot of people park at Station Square and take the boat over to the North Shore for Steelers games. Is that what you mean?

I leave tomorrow night, and will be in Pittsburgh Saturday by noon. If anyone else is there by then, I'd love to hang out for a few hours :hyper:

Oh, is it a boat and not a bus? Even more awesome. I was actually on a dinner cruise there once many years ago. Maybe they'll have cocktails available. HA! You know what would be REALLY awesome...a dinner cruise with Bono and Edge providing the music. In person.:applaud:

This concert seemed so far away, and all of a sudden it's in 5 days, I can't wait!

The North Shore Garage next to PNC park would be a good option for GAers then. They open at 5am and it's no more than a 10-15 minute walk to Heinz Field. The rate may be a little better too.

ALCO Parking Corp - Pittsburgh Parking

Thanks for the info. . . Been looking around on the net @ parking trying to figure some place out. Was thinking about maybe walking (at the Hampton Inn on Smallman St.) not sure how far of a walk it would be on the way back. :hmm:

Oh, is it a boat and not a bus? Even more awesome. I was actually on a dinner cruise there once many years ago. Maybe they'll have cocktails available. HA! You know what would be REALLY awesome...a dinner cruise with Bono and Edge providing the music. In person.:applaud:

This concert seemed so far away, and all of a sudden it's in 5 days, I can't wait!

Yep, they're doing the boat shuttle from Station Square to the North Shore for the U2 show from 1pm until Midnight. Look under shuttle then special events on this page. $10 round trip. That would be awesome! :happydance:

About.com: http://www.gatewayclipper.com/PITTSBURGHSTEELERSHEINZFIELDSHUTTLE.asp

Hey all. I'm a lurker (but not a creepy one, I swear!!! :wave:). This just showed up in my inbox about 5 minutes ago, so I thought I'd share for anyone who may have gotten tix from somewhere other than Ticketmaster:

Greetings U2 Fans!
We are making final preparations for the July 26th U2 360° Concert at Heinz Field! For fans who purchased general admission field tickets, we have designated a special entrance gate to make your visit to the building quick and convenient. All patrons with field tickets MUST be at the entrance by 4:00 pm on the 26th as this will be the only gate where general admission tickets will be accepted. This entrance is located on the north end of the building (the closed side furthest away from the river) on Reedsdale Street. It will provide easy, hassle-free access to the field as well as access to concessions, merchandise, and restrooms not available to the rest of the building.
We have included a map for your convenience. Thank you and we hope you enjoy U2!

5165_386720.jpg

Nah, just means they start letting people in @ 4. The pic kinda helped me get my bearings, though, since I've never been to Pittsburgh, let alone Heinz Field, and I've not seen any stadium info that isn't Steelers related.

Thanks for all of the informational posts!

I'm seeing Paul McCartney in Cincinnati on August 4th. This was posted by someone on his website forum. :coocoo:

"As epic as U2 is (and they are!), Paul's live-show puts 'em to shame."

Just talked to the stadium.

They will officially allow fans to que for the GA line at 11am.
All of the Alco parking will open at 2pm.

This is a LOT later than other venues.
They will not let fans congregate before 11am.

This is all kind of odd.

Anyway, I'll be in the 'Burgh around 7pm on Sunday. Will see if anyone has started a list, and keep you guys updated.

Hi Beverly,

Gonna miss you in the GA line. I was hoping your husband would have a portable fan for us this time. I did seat in Boston and it was great to see the whole spectacle. Hope to see you around.

Got another email about the ga.

Greetings U2 Fans!

Fans that have General Admission tickets will have the option to arrive at any point to use the special entrance gate at the north end of the building (the closed side furthest away from the river) on Reedsdale Street.

UPDATED INFORMATION - This entrance will open at 4:45 pm for General Admission tickets only and will provide easy, hassle-free access to the field as well as access to concessions, merchandise, and restrooms not available to the rest of the building. All patrons with General Admission tickets MUST enter through this gate as it will be the only gate where these tickets will be accepted.

We apologize for any confusion the previous e-mail may have caused.

We have included a map for your convenience.

Thank you and we hope you enjoy U2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom